(3-0)Tazewell bites G-men

JuiceDawg

Tazewell took a bite out of crime last night with a 71-51 victory over Graham last night @ Tazewell Middle. The dawgs went out with a spread 3-2 that limited Graham's offense to outside game that wasnt working. The big guys took over for Tazewell as Justin Wilson had 28pts and 10 reb. and Omar Reed had 22pts and 20 boards. J. Thompson pitched in 12 while JR added his 7 n' had 10 boards. The dominance of big guys played a large role in rebounding and inside game. Kevin Matthews led the g-men with 14, J. Remines followed with 12pts. For T-well Jus. Wilson and Reed combined for 50pts and almost outscore Graham themselves-no disrespect. The Dawgs take on Marion today at 5 down in the dawg house @ Tazewell Middle.

-----------

Smell ya lata... wink.gif

Taewell has 5 good player that the coach puts on the floor ,but has no depth at all.For Graham to win the rematch Graham must get to the Tazewells bench.It would also help the G-men if they learn how to play some defense. Last night it looked like they just showed up and the dawgs bit them good. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season, and I look forward to watching the rematch.

Graham feels Bulldogs' bite

Posted: Friday, Jan 14, 2005 - 10:57:10 pm EST

By LARRY HYPES

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

TAZEWELL, Va. - Tazewell's high flying Bulldogs are in a zone, literally. Tim Rasnick's team pushed Graham outside Friday and it paid off handsomely.

Paced by Justin Wilson and Omar Reed the Southwest District leading Dogs (7-5, 3-0) cruised past Graham (5-6, 1-2) by a 71-51 margin as THS chalked up its third SWD triumph in the past week.

Wilson tickled the twines for 28 points and grabbed 10 rebounds while Reed patrolled the paint and added a double-digit double with 22 points and 20 rebounds.

"It was closer at halftimethan we wanted it to be but we played an exceptional second half," Rasnick noted. "Wemade a halftime adjustment with our defense and I don't think they (Graham) expected us to do that."

Eric Hoosier sparked the G-Men to an early 9-3 lead but was slowed by three first half fouls. Wilson, Reed and Justin Thompson shot Tazewell to a 16-10 first quarter advantage before Kevin Matthews, Jake Remines and Wills Murray answered for Graham. The G-Men outscored Tazewell 22-14 in the second stanza as Matthews and Thompson had 10 apiece at the break.

Zone defense and cold shooting doomed the G-Men in the second half.

"We just didn't shoot nearly well enough to win, said Graham coach Glynn Carlock Jr. "We couldn't hit and that has been our problem for the past couple of games. We want to get that turned around in a hurry."

Tazewell opened the third quarter with a 9-0 run when Reed's free throw made it 39-32, but Graham again battled back. T.J. Carper went inside and banked one off the glass to pull the G-Men to within one at 40-39.

Robert Henry tied the game for the last time when his bucket got the G-Men even at 43-43 with 7:40 remaining in the contest. Reed responded with eight of Tazewell's next 10 points as the Dogs put a 10-3 blitz on the G-Men.

Wilson led the Dog fast break and kept the pressure going for the winners. The Dogs outscored Graham 28-10 in the final stanza to win going away.

Matthews paced the G-Men with 14 while Remines added 12.

Thompson also had 12 for Tazewell, which entertains Marion, Saturday at 5 p.m. Graham hosts Pulaski County at 7:30.

Graham won the JV game 54-29 behind 14 points from J.D. Hunter and 13 by Obiye Kolokolo. Tazewell got five each from Scott Weitzel and Glen Blankenship.

At Tazewell Middle School

Graham (5-6).........10 22 9 10 - 51

Tazewell (7-5)........16 14 13 28 - 71

Thats very true about the depth but we have a good 6-7 man rotation and is working for us. We try to keep out of foul trouble and we are doing fine, but on the Graham game we just had a major size advantage. I would like to see the rebound ratio cause we had 40 rebounds between 3 players. The Dawgs are 3-0 SWD and have a hard week ahead starting with undefeated Abingdon.

Ok Ive caught enough news about dunking at the end of the game when it was out of reach. The crowd told me to and just got caught up in the moment of beating Graham. So what I told the coaches no disrespect and they said fine. They would have done it to us if they had a guy that could slam. We won the game and are 3-0 so Im like Randy Moss, "You all better talk about this W we put on them" ha...

-----------

smell ya lata... wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ok Ive caught enough news about dunking at the end of the game when it was out of reach. We won the game and are 3-0 so Im like Randy Moss refering to Green Bay, "You all better talk about this W we put on them"

-----------

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ok Ive caught enough news about dunking at the end of the game when it was out of reach. I told the coaches no disrespect and they said fine. They would have done it to us if they had a guy that could slam. We won the game and are 3-0 so Im like Randy Moss, "You all better talk about this W we put on them" ha...

-----------

[/ QUOTE ]

I take that back Wills Murray can dunk for them, sorry bout that. smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ok Ive caught enough news about dunking at the end of the game when it was out of reach. I told the coaches no disrespect and they said fine. They would have done it to us if they had a guy that could slam. We won the game and are 3-0 so Im like Randy Moss, "You all better talk about this W we put on them" ha...

-----------

[/ QUOTE ]

I take that back Wills Murray can dunk for them, sorry bout that. smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and Wills Murray is originally from Tazewell, just went to Graham because the way our coaches do things i guess... so i dont guess that gives much to graham by you sayin that haha