Best High School Football Game

hhstigerfan

[ QUOTE ]

both those games were great...the Grundy FC playoff game a couple of years ago was good to...40 points in the 1st Q alone.

I think that Salem game was one of the best...man it was raining like crazy that day...it was like something out of a movie or something.

I think the best last second type situation I have ever seen in a game was the Crigger 2 minute drill...awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crigger was unbelievable in that situation....

damn..if Grundy didn't have two stud QB's in Crigger and Copenhaver

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1985 - Garden scores late in the game to beat Grundy for the first time in forever.

1986 - Garden 6 Hurley 0 at The Cliff. Garden's defense held Hurley to negative total yards for the game. Garden won it on a blocked punt recovered in the end zone.

1986 - Garden 19 Powell Valley 0. <font color="green"> </font> <font color="green"> </font>

[ QUOTE ]

1985 - Garden scores late in the game to beat Grundy for the first time in forever.

1986 - Garden 6 Hurley 0 at The Cliff. Garden's defense held Hurley to negative total yards for the game. Garden won it on a blocked punt recovered in the end zone.

1986 - Garden 19 Powell Valley 0. <font color="green"> </font> <font color="green"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious...were you a Garden fan per chance?

Easy one for me, '94 Narrows at Fort Chiswell. "The Immaculate Receptions" with a little over 2 mins to go to win the district, and set the tone for a Regional title run. A game they trailed the whole way up to that point. Still got a copy of that game to this day.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

1982 Hurley Vs Haysi. 14-6 (or something close to that range) Hurley came in undefeated and Haysi almost stund the BDD favorites, but Hurley held on the win and BDD title.

1982 Hurley Vs. Garden. 22-6 Hurley wins. AKA The Outhouse Bowl. watched the game film and ill have to say it was the hardest hitting high school game ive ever seen. The largest crowd ever at Hurley high. People packed the staidum at "The Cliff". people was on the top of the cliff watching the game and a houndred or so behind the staidum up on a hill at a house. I have heard there was over 6 thousand there that night.

Narrow vs Fort Chiswell last season. Narrows is down 7 with under two to play in the game. They drove the field and scored the go ahead touchdown & two point conversion with under 20 seconds left on the clock.

i think the best was the Tazewell / Carrol county this year Tazewell won 36-35 in the last 12 seconds when Coach Wyatt in his debut for Tazewell decided to go for 2 automatically instead of kicking the field goal

everyone picks there own teams games b/c no-one has seen the others everyone is speaking of but trust me, its Blfd/Weir as best of all time...period..lol

[ QUOTE ]

i think the best was the Tazewell / Carrol county this year Tazewell won 36-35 in the last 12 seconds when Coach Wyatt in his debut for Tazewell decided to go for 2 automatically instead of kicking the field goal

[/ QUOTE ]

that was a great game, and th lost sucked. mad.gif

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Yeah I heard Greg Talking about the 1994 game. He said something about one of the Hurley receivers droped a pass in the endzone and he was wide open.

Yeah that Hurley are Garden game was soemthing to see in '82. Wished I was born and got to see it in person, but it looked awesome on film.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the 2 point conversion where you can clearly see J.R. get tackled before the ball ever crossed the goalline. The refs missed that one and handed Wyatt his first win.

Graham Grundy game from about 3 or 4 years ago when Graham won it in overtime because they stopped a two point conversion i think the score was in the 30's...maybe someone knows the game im talking about....

Yes Beano they already said that one... that was in 2001 at grundy (you know me so it was my freshmen year) and it was basically Eric Degrays biggest game of his high school career in my opinion... And by grundy trying to go for the win by having the 2 point conversion (which somene had to do soon or it would of went into more overtimes at the rate it was going) And they missed giving graham the win it was 35-34 i think....

I went to the Giles-Lebanon playoff game last year and i have to say it was a very exciting game to watch and seeing lebanon come back and tie it but then giles win it in OT.

And i cant believe any richlands fan left out the Basset/Richlands game from this year,7-6 Richlands win mainly a Defensive head knocker. And i dont even remember maybee 2 oe 3 years ago we came back with 7 minutes to go from like 21 points or 28 points down in the 4th quarter to beat Grundy. But, overall last year id say the Bluefield-wier game aka Miracle at Mitchell was the best one last year newayz.

I was at the Giles/Lebanon game also. Pretty good game. I still can't believe that Richlands beat Lebanon so bad the past couple years. Not surprised that Richlands beat Lebanon just expected both games would be closer than what they were.

Since we're mentioning [censored] games. Not saying who or anything.. But Vansant vs. Harman 1998.

Harman scores early but Jon Brown misses field goal. Vansant drives back on a wild but miraculous play by YOURS TRULY. Vansant goes ahead on the Bronson Browns field goal. With 4 mins left on the clock Jimmy (Sugar Bear) Childress goes for a stunning tactic. He decides to draw the infamous Red Storm(Harman's D-Line) offsides consectutive times by using misdirection snap counts. With his final 3 count the young QB YOURS TRULY puts the ball in the end zone with 1 minute left on the clock. The Vikings defense held strong for the last minute left on the clock, in spite of the strong "trick" play calling by Harman's famous coach, and voted "most hated" by players of Buchanan County for 4 consecutive years, formerly known as Benny McCowan. Vansant wins their 5th straight county championship 13-6

Game summary Van-7 0 0 6- 13

Har-6 0 0 0- 6

20 yd. touchdown by Estep(Har) Brown kick

failed.

39 yd. touchdown by YOURS TRULY B. Brown kick

8 1/2 yd. touchdown by YOURS TRULY B. Brown

kick failed.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

HAHA since you brought up lil leauge games dont forget the 1998 or 1999 lil game when Vansant came to Hurley to take a 7-0 win hahaha. Defensive stugle most of the night, but Bronson Brown scores late in the 4th for the win. tongue.gif

Well if you want to talk about little league... 1981 Raven vs. Baptist Valley. It was so long ago I don't remember most of the game or the score, but I do remember us (Raven) getting a penalty for something and we argued about it so they tacked on another 10 yards... and of course we had some very un-twelve year old like words about that and ended up 4th and 40 from our own 10. I remember in the huddle our star running back, Johnny Knuckols had the most angry look on his face I ever saw and when the play was called he just said "I'm going all the way." He then took off 90 yards down the sideline untouched to win the game.

During the same year, we played a scrimmage against a team from Grundy, at Grundy. We were down 14-0 when the Grundy kids started throwing dirt in our eyes. They would come out of their stance with a handful of dirt and toss it up into our faces. The refs apparently didn't see this, so we figured turn about was fair play and threw it right back at them, but of course the refs saw it this time and started tacking on the yards. We were so mad that we shut Grundy down the rest of the game and almost tied it but the 2-point conversion failed. It ended up 14-12.

I guess we played better when we were angry. We ended up 6-4 that year plus 0-2 in scrimmages against Garden and Grundy. We won 4 of our last 5 though.