Bluefield 7 Graham 0 Final

CPF

Bluefield won the game, but neither team showed me much. Graham had 12 penalties for 95 yards, and once again did not move the ball consistantly until the freshman QB Will Cole came into the game. But I will say this that kid is going to be special one day. Cool as a cucumber in that pocket. Hate to say this, but I even question if he is not our best quarterback on the team. I just can't get over how well he played. I know we lost, but truthfully I feel like we found the key to our future tonight. Good luck to both the beavers and the g-men the rest of the way.

Will Cole should definitely be the starter now. I have never seen more 1st and 30 or 40's in my life. The beavers won a hard fought game. Predictable season outcome Graham 1 Bluefield 1.

well i talked to Yost and Cole will be starting next week because Yost said he dislocated two or three fingers and is going to play defense and maybe a little reciever...good thing though...Robinson will be back and Carper wont have a cast next week...

This was a huge win for Bluefield in many ways:

First, they defeat Graham. Nothing more needs to said here.

Second, they picked up 13 big playoff points from Graham tonight and another point for an Oak Hill victory over Shady Spring. So Bluefield's playoff rating this week stands at 6.60 and with many of the ranked teams in AA losing tonight Beaver should jump into the top 16 somewhere.

Third, beating a team that beat you already gives a team a huge confidence boost. It wasn't pretty offensively for either team. It was a gut-check type of game. A game that came down to the final ticks and gives a young team excellent experience.

Now Beaver faces a Shady Spring team that they should handle rather easily and be sitting at 4-2 heading into their final three games against the likes of Hoover (5-1), Mount View (4-1), and James Monroe (6-0). They'll need two wins in the final three to secure a playoff slot. All three should be tough games, but all three are also very winnable and two of the three will be home games.