Abingdon next year

zach

Ok, I know most people see Abingdon having another losing record, but there are alot of reasons to be hopeful about next year, and here are 5 really good reasons why...

1. We return all but one offenseive and defensive lineman.... Everyone else around here is losing them. Plus we are getting two O-lineman back from the IR, one who is very much like Chas Fuller, the other taller and more agile. I also will be playing only 1/4th the game at line, the rest at Skill positions.

2. Adam Henderson will be a 2nd-year QB..... He has a nice arm, but doesn't spend enough time in the video room, trying to make himself better. Maybe Derek Sayler may come in and play?

3. Our defense, which was pretty good until late in the season, will be back minus 3 players..... Richlands, VA High, everyone knows we had a decent D, but where we were out the 3/4ths the game, it wore us down. I see us rebounding.

4.We will use Duran Carson more at RB..... He will get 15-20 carries a game, and he is really good. He will have a better line, and hopefully become better overall.

5. Last but not least, Senior year......I don't wanna have a losing year my Senior year. I want these Abingdon Seniors to have a decent year, and for us to just MAKE the playoffs. Thats all I want.

I think there are more reasons to be optimistic, but like someone else said, it's attitude we are missing. They are used to losing. But hopefully that will change. Anyone care to comment? I would like to see what people think, constructive critisiscm is welcome. grin.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

why stop at the playoffs...... stay off this website and lift weights...you might get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I do lift weights, and I get on here around 8 most of the times, so I can't lift 24/7. I am staying too. But the only problem is I dunno if two of our main players are gonna play this yera, which sucks.

You all need to get out in those halls and get some of those guys out that have never played. Good old cornfed boys like Big John Vaught. Then and only then will the A-Town team turn around.

The same guy that coached last year. that guy Dr. Lee brought in from Utah St. One of his old buddies. Seems like Wash Co. is running over with western inplants. I heard that that JSB coach was comming up to run the defense at Abingdon.

you know Zach, being critical of your teammates on an open public forum is not something that most "teammates" would do. The simple fact that you feel like you can discuss who should and shouldn't play really is disappointing to me. I've seen you play and I was impressed with the effort you gave on the field, but I really think that if you care about your team that you probably should keep those type of comments to yourself. Best of Luck

I'm not being critical, when they said to me that they aren't playing. We NEED these two players to play, they are the best on the team. I just hope they play. Because if they don't, you might see another regular Abingdon team frown.gif I'm not trying to be critical, I'm being REAL.

The two best players on the team? so, does that mean you and Duran aren't going to play? or Tyler Bailey? maybe Shane Crabtree? or maybe that Wilson kid that played TE?Because, from what I've seen, that's by far the 5 best you have over there in Abingdon. Name me someone else that is a standout player? I know you guys started a 9th grader on the line 2 yrs ago, but i heard he missed his 10th grade season too because of his bum knee. So, which of those is it? Plus, if you have kids that are talking about not playing, then you're gonna be a heck of alot better off without 'em if their hearts aren't into it.

But, what I was talking about in my last post was your negative comments about the QB and how you wrote that some other kid I've never heard of might take his job away.

Thats Weak

[ QUOTE ]

The two best players on the team? so, does that mean you and Duran aren't going to play? or Tyler Bailey? maybe Shane Crabtree? or maybe that Wilson kid that played TE?Because, from what I've seen, that's by far the 5 best you have over there in Abingdon. Name me someone else that is a standout player? I know you guys started a 9th grader on the line 2 yrs ago, but i heard he missed his 10th grade season too because of his bum knee. So, which of those is it? Plus, if you have kids that are talking about not playing, then you're gonna be a heck of alot better off without 'em if their hearts aren't into it.

But, what I was talking about in my last post was your negative comments about the QB and how you wrote that some other kid I've never heard of might take his job away.

Thats Weak

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane and Duran are our best players, if you watch Duran has to have 3 people take him donw most of the time. Shane is just a hustler, always working and a undersized O-lineman. Shanes heart is always into it, its just he has another priority thats up there too. Duran loves football, but Im not allowed to talk about his reason. The 10th grader your talking about (Jud Alderman) is one of the feircest people I know when it comes to football. His work ethic alone is above everyone elses.

About the QB, I dunno how I am negative? I said he doesn't spen time in the film room, trying to find the other teams weakness. Derek Salyers has already done that with me and Coach a heck of alot more than I have seen Adam. But maybe he does it alone or at home? Who knows. But I think him and Derek have similar arms, but the difference is I SEE Derek focusing already, when I see Adam do it, I might take it back.