GATOR BOWL!!!!!

Rhschamps04

Are any of you watching this game. It may just be me but i think these refs could do a little better job than what they are doing. Im not going to sit here and say that louiville shouldnt have the score they have because tech has had some problems on defense. But what i do belive is that these refs have done everything in there power to make sure that the hokies dont pull the win off today.

the refs arent doing a very good job. i mean im die hard tech fan but still they are making bad calls. marcus vick just stomped down on someones leg and they didnt call a penalty. the other things they had been calling personal fouls and unsportsmanlikes on were pretty much just small things that really shouldnt have been called.

Isn't it funny how refs make bad calls when you get in their face after every play?

Jimmy Williams... I stuck up for him a couple years ago when he flipped off the WVU fans, but getting in a refs face and ultimately shoving him is inexcusable. Now he's watching the last game of his career on TV.

Marcus Vick... I stuck up when he flipped off the WVU fans too, but what he did today makes me ashamed. He should be sitting beside Jimmy Williams. It's funny how the VT administration banned the Marching Virginians from playing "Nah Nah Hey Hey" (The Goodbye Song) because it's "Disrespectful" to the other team, but they players can do whatever they want.

Bryan Stinespring... He is one strategically challenged football coach. Louisville's DC must be laughing so hard it hurts.

[ QUOTE ]

I hope tech goes down big time,

sorry, i just extremley hate tech

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right there with you man!!!!! Sorry...I just hate Tech. There is 6:00 left Tech up 28-24. L'ville betther get their rears in gear!!!!!

I have to agree on two things; poor officiating and poor sportsmanship. Here are just a few comments.

The Louisville QB is one tough kid. He got the snot knocked out of him time and again and kept on playing.

I am a strong Hokie, but am embarassed by Jimmy Williams poor behavior. There are just sacred rules you don't break, and one is to not touch the guy in the striped shirt. It is even more frustrating since it was 30 yards away from the play.

Vick's stomping on Dumervile's leg was classless. I do not care if he had done the same thing to you earlier, that is just embarassing. We all know that kind of stuff happens every game, but you need to try to be above that kind of stuff.

It was a strangely called game. I particularly liked an unsportsmanlike conduct call on a clean hit to the QB, and the phantom off-sides play against Tech when Louisville was near the goal line. The QB sees Lewis across the line takes a knee and they don't throw a flag.

In the end, it came down to defense. (doesn't always) Sapp and the boys played the way they should.

I hope that Beamer and the staff, will work on reining in the emotions. Louisville used some of the same tactics to get in the Hokies heads early that Miami and Fla. State used. And it worked again, at least for the first half.

Best of luck to WVU tonight. I hope you come to play.

If I were the coaching staff or the QB for Louisville I'd be pretty upset with their wideout #7. The kid totally gave up on that last play on 4th down and didn't even make a break on the ball. He just let the Tech defender get inside of him and knock it down. As much punishment as Cantwell was taking, his teammates owed it to him to keep playing 100% like he was.

At halftime I felt like Frank Beamer had completely lost control of his team but whatever he said to them at halftime worked. This sportsmanship problem has got to be fixed. It's embarrassing.

Flowers did a good job, probably better than Williams would have. Williams is good, but gets lazy out there sometimes too busy running his mouth. Some of those guys could learn something about sportmanship from teammates like Jeff King or Darryl Tapp.

Guest JJBrickface

I want to give credit to the VT fans who are not sticking up for Williams and Vick. Vt has had players like this for the last few years and its time the coaches step in and discipline these guys. EVen though I hate to say it, congrats to Tech on the win. Let's Gooooooooo MOuntianeers!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Flowers did a good job, probably better than Williams would have. Williams is good, but gets lazy out there sometimes too busy running his mouth. Some of those guys could learn something about sportmanship from teammates like Jeff King or Darryl Tapp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and you would think Bryan Randall might have rubbed off on them a little.

Wooo, my 1st bowl game! Awesome game, wish we could have played like that for the 1st 3 quarters, lost my voice in the 4th...this weather has been awesome too, every day its been in the 70's...lets pack up and go home to Good Ol' Virginia

I'm jealous, but TV was cool by me since I have to work tomorrow.

For those who didn't see the "Vick Stomp," WDBJ showed it on the 11 p.m. news. Vick was interviewed and said that it was an "accident," and that he apologized. Kevin Rogers the QB coach wasn't buying it. He called it embarrassing. I agree. (I miss Brian Randall.)

Vick stomp?

whoever louisville's qb was today, looked like he filled in pretty good. did he breake his nose? i want to see some highlights but im too rapped up in the sugar bowl to turn it to espn.

Louisville's QB did a good job for the most part. He took a lot of hits and threw a lot of picks late in the game but he has a future. He had a cut on the bridge of his nose coming into the game and it opened after a few hits. They had to put stuffing in his nostrils.

Vick intentially stepped on the leg of a Louisville player while he was down. There was no doubt about it. He looked straight down at the leg, lifted his foot and stomped the guy. No excuse for it.

Did the hit happen when #49 hit him and caused the fumble? That was a big hit, the only play ive seen of the whole game, was at the mall in knoxville and just passed by a tv, they changed the channel after that.

Vick is really talented, but he's like some of the other players around, they don't have a head on thier shoulders.

[ QUOTE ]

Did the hit happen when #49 hit him and caused the fumble? That was a big hit, the only play ive seen of the whole game, was at the mall in knoxville and just passed by a tv, they changed the channel after that.

Vick is really talented, but he's like some of the other players around, they don't have a head on thier shoulders.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a head on his shoulders. It's just too big.

observations from this Va Tech fan;

1. the Vicks are classless, arrogant, morons.

2. stinespring needs to study petrinos playbook.(or anybobys playbook for that matter)

3. where has eddie royal been? hasn't been involved on offense for several games. (see stinespring?)

4. jimmy williams is overated. always has been.

5. williams replacement flowers is going to be a good one.

6. i agree that the louisville qb is one tough kid. sure he made a couple of mistakes but i'd take his kind any day on my team.

7. beamer, foster and crew have to find a way to bring more discipline to the program.