#4 BLUEFIELD DEFEATS #1 WEIR 54-46...

GMan

Weir player loses temper near the end of game and gets T'd up...sound familiar? Must be something in the water in the Northern Panhandle! LOL!

Bluefield will play #3 Ravenswood tomorrow for the Championship at 12 Noon in Charleston!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's pretty amazing how it seems like every year it comes down to Bluefield and Weir in both football and basketball... what a testiment for both schools, and what a way to fuel this South/North rivalry. i love it.

Coach Gilliard is one win away from making Mr. BR eat crow, and it would be the sweetest crow I've ever eaten. My hats off to the entire team and the coaching staff. The players played with the passion and heart I've hoped they would all year. And the coaching staff made the adjustments at halftime to turn the game around in the second half. Again, my hats off to all of them and especially Coach Gilliard. Come on Coach, make me eat that crow tomorrow afternoon.

[ QUOTE ]

Weir player loses temper near the end of game and gets T'd up...sound familiar? Must be something in the water in the Northern Panhandle! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is just that they are allergic to Beavers.

Just got back from the game fella's, one of the better games i've saw this year. Bluefield and wier both came out ready to play. Weirton took an early lead. But with Weirs big guys ( led me add, is i think thats the only reason there any good) got into foul trouble very early.

Then we started coming back and the players and fans got a real boost of momentum. A very defensive game, the scored at half-time was 21-20 i believe

But as we walked into the gym for the game. Ravenswood was leaving after there huge win over Logan. They were chanting for us to win. I guess they thought if they would play us it would be a easier game than to play weir. Well ladies and gentleman let me tell you now. The beavers can taste that championship and they want it bad

RAVENSWOOD will go down tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BEAVERSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your best bet would be mapquest my friend...

all i could actually tell you is that once you see the capital building, stay in the left lane because you take a left off the interstate..

If you wanna meet up, let me know and i'll give you my cell # or whatever

[ QUOTE ]

How bout some directions to the civic center/parking situation etc. I've been there before, a long time ago, but never to a basketball game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the directions from the website, which should be easy to follow. The Civic Center parking garage is the one we always park in and with Bluefield playing the first game of the you should be able to get a spot there. If get there by 10:30-11:00 you should be assured of a place in that parking garage. The garage is directly beside the Civic Center.

If you cannot get a spot at that garage I would recommend parking at the garage located on Virginia Street directly across the street from the Civic Center. That garage has a pedestrian bridge that passes over the street and directly onto the outside upper level deck of the Civic Center.

IF YOU ARE WEST BOUND ON I-64 OR I-77 TAKE 58C LABELED WASHINGTON STREET AND CIVIC CENTER DRIVE. CONTINUE STRAIGHT ON PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE TO VIRGINIA STREET TURNING LEFT AND CROSSING THE ELK RIVER BRIDGE. TURN LEFT ON CIVIC CENTER DRIVE AND LEFT AGAIN ON QUARRIER STREET. IMMEDIATELY ON THE RIGHT WILL BE THE CIVIC CENTER PARKING GARAGE.

What Beaver needs to do today is hound Ravenswood all over the floor, make them have to play at a fast pace. Ravenswood only regularly uses six players, so Bluefield has a big advantage in depth. The game will be decided by rebounding and free-throw shooting...

"Weir player loses temper near the end of game and gets T'd up...sound familiar? Must be something in the water in the Northern Panhandle! LOL!

Bluefield will play #3 Ravenswood tomorrow for the Championship at 12 Noon in Charleston!"

I know this is your site and all, but you sure take a lot of cheap shots at Weir when you're not even a Bluefield fan. That same Weir player totally embarrassed Bluefield's "athletic" secondary in the 40-0 State Championship victory this past year and was named 1st Team All-State in both football and baseball. He also has a state championship in both sports and a state runner-up in baseball. I would have been upset too. Weir had every opportunity to win that game and it just wasn't their day. But congrats to Bluefield on a great season and to the Bluefield fans, you stuck behind your program the whole year and that is why you have a great program.

"Just got back from the game fella's, one of the better games i've saw this year. Bluefield and wier both came out ready to play. Weirton took an early lead. But with Weirs big guys ( led me add, is i think thats the only reason there any good) got into foul trouble very early."

McWhorter and Hayden were not the only reason Weir was good this year. While these two were two of the best basketball playhers in AA, they had Gatto, Morris, Spencer, Gryskevich, and Orme that had great years. You must not watch too much basketball because their guards are really athletic and can shoot well. Congrats to both Weir and Bluefield on great seasons.

No...ya see, i watched the whole game. And all it looked as if they were doing was pounding the ball inside till the big guys got introuble.. I mean come on, those guys didnt get 3 and 4 fouls before halftime just for standing there..

Then thats when we started taking the lead..

That statement makes no sense though. That's like saying if Bluefield didn't have Dexter Moore, Weir would have beaten them by 15-20 points. Weir had a great team this year, and it was due to a lot of players on that team, not just a few.

[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Dexter Moore, he was extremley off his game tonight. Only 7 points i believe

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is another reason Bluefield couldn't pull out the victory. Knowing about Dexter what I do, the kid probably went to straight the gym after getting back to Bluefield yesterday and shot 1,000 shots. I feel for the guy, no one wanted it more than he did. He'll use getting there and losing as motivation to get even better heading into his senior season.

[ QUOTE ]

I know this is your site and all, but you sure take a lot of cheap shots at Weir when you're not even a Bluefield fan. That same Weir player totally embarrassed Bluefield's "athletic" secondary in the 40-0 State Championship victory this past year and

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not be a Bluefield "fan" but I do have many ties to Bluefield High School...my dad and several cousins are BHS grads as well as my fiance. The only time I'm "not" a "Beaver fan" is on the last Friday in August when they play my G-Men...or when they tangle in any other sport for that matter. I know just as many of the kids that go to Bluefield as I know that go to Graham. I pull for them all just the same.

BTW, if that kid that got T'd up is a senior this year, he's 1-3 vs. Bluefield for his career...all three of those losses were bigger heartbreakers than his one victory over Bluefield...he'll have to live with that fact the rest of his life...

Guest JJBrickface

Nice reply GMan, lol. You definately put him in his place

"BTW, if that kid that got T'd up is a senior this year, he's 1-3 vs. Bluefield for his career...all three of those losses were bigger heartbreakers than his one victory over Bluefield...he'll have to live with that fact the rest of his life"

Agreed, he just got OWNED!! grin.gif

Guest JJBrickface

I think you mean he got Pittsnogled instead of Owned.

"BTW, if that kid that got T'd up is a senior this year, he's 1-3 vs. Bluefield for his career...all three of those losses were bigger heartbreakers than his one victory over Bluefield...he'll have to live with that fact the rest of his life..."

Actually, you're wrong. He didn't play football in 03. That's what makes him being selected First Team All-State in football so impressive. He totally embarrassed everyone in Bluefield's secondary, much like Eric Turner did in 03 only this time Weir smacked Bluefield. He is a state champion in two different sports and a First Team All-State Selection in both football and baseball and a First Team All-Tournament selection for baseball, so I don't think he's worried about the losses to Bluefield.

"Agreed, he just got OWNED!!"

I know you're not talking again. You don't play sports so you can't talk smack. You got owned plenty of times over on TSP.