#4 BLUEFIELD DEFEATS #1 WEIR 54-46...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not mad anymore that I didn't win a state championship in high school. I just don't like Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh you are, your still mad and you even gave the reason why.

Answer me this Batman...how come you are bringing in all these AAA schools to compare to Bluefield? Do Weir's accomplishments pale in comparison to those of Bluefield? Sure seems that way since you are having to "call for reinforcements"...funny, I thought this was a Weir-Bluefield thing not a Bluefield-entire state of WV thing...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said that Bluefield was tied for the most AAA state titles. I stated that Parkersburg has the most AAA state titles. Weir's athletic accomplishments aren't close to Bluefield's athletic accomplishments?

Football State Titles

Bluefield-8

Weir-7

times Weirfootball has had his heart broken-3

times Bluefield has had their heart broken-1

Face the facts, Weir athletics is one step behind Bluefield athletics. Morgantown has no dog in this fight, since they have never played and it is unlikely they ever will.

The only time I was ever really mad about a loss was in 03. In 04, it just bothered me that Weir was the better team and they had the state title taken away from them by a coach. Weir athletics has just as much success as Bluefield athletics. When was the last time you won a baseball state title, or even made it to Charleston? I don't want to hear Bluefield isn't a baseball school either.

First of all if Weir was the better team in 04, then even though the coach made a mistake the team should have been able to stop Bluefield from scoring 14 points in less then 2 minutes and stop them in overtime. Another thing lets just agree that both schools have good athletic programs. This back and forth is making me sick. I am still wondering why you keep bringing up that Bluefield's kids didn't say anything back. SO WHAT!! What kind of class does that show that Weir students would not have taken that. I am proud that Bluefiled's kids showed the class expected from our school and community!!

OK, let's just put an end to this crap right now...IF Weir was the better team in '04, they would have won...PERIOD. They didn't, therefore, they were not the better team...PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

Im glad to see no bluefield fans said anything to josh smith. I was on the front row to, and all i saw was a idiot, i knew that because he had on weir colors trying to show off he class ring..

You honestly think if somebody said something to "Smitty" as you call him, and "smitty" hit somebody we were just going to stand there? "Smitty" wouldn't have left CCC a very happy camper..

We beat you... Get over it, im tired of having these dicussions of who's better. Flashing your ring is nothing but a sign of weakness, yea you won it. But thats the most stupidest thing i've ever saw. We won a ring last year. Yes i did say bluefield as a commuinty as "WE" won one last year. and you dont see us paradign around like a bunch of idiots. The only reason he did that was because he knew they lost. #54 knew they lost because he was crying at foul line while hammond was shooting his foul shouts...

We own you

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're not tied for the most state titles in football in AAA. Parkersburg has the most AAA football titles in the state of WV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Bluefield has 6 AAA titles and Parkersburg has 5 in AAA. In 1950 they won one when the classes were A and B. Three others were given to parkersburg in 38, 40, and 43 when they were voted on and not played for. So if we go by the magnificent wizard weirfootballs last post and say that we aren't tied for the most "AAA" titles with Parkersburg, than he is right, we have more. We have 6 and they have 5. If you want to count the class a and b , then we are tied. But I'm not counting the horse and buggy days when they didn't even play for the title. I'm not even sure they played for one in the Class a and b years.

BluefieldRocks, you don't own anyone and I'm just about tired of you running your mouth. I didn't start anything on here but you continue to talk smack. Bluefield didn't show their rings? That's funny because last year when I went to the Bluefield/Westside game, I saw all the Bluefield football players with their jerseys on and most of them were showing their rings off. A couple of the football players saw that I had a Weir shirt on and made it known that they had won a state championship. BluefieldPT, did you win a state championship? The funny thing is that people from Bluefield say when the Bluefield football team wins a state title, the whole city and school wins a state title. Then you say I'm trying to live through the accomplishments of my friends. Well considering they were former teammates of mine and I am a resident of the city of Weirton, I guess I can celebrate them winning a state title.

You're the one running your mouth on here. It's funny this site was all fine and dandy till you got on here and started voicing your opinions talking about nobody saying anything to "Smitty". You speak so highly of smitty, but he didnt have the guts to walk by us why the game was close. Just showing it off after we beat you, yes i said "AFTER WE BEAT YOU" on the court..

You didnt win a ring so i dont see how you can talk...

Wide Left

I don't really have an opinion about all this since pocahontas has never really came close to winning a state title or anything like that, but I know a guy that was on Graham's state championship team in 89, and he said that they also gave rings to the managers and cheerleaders, neither of them played in the game,but helped the team in some way. If you support your team, and they win a championship what's wrong with saying "we" won? If you go out and support the team you are helping them in some way, just like managers or cheerleaders. Sure you don't get a ring, but you have the satisfaction of saying that your team won. You see signs or shirts that say "Bluefield Beavers 2004 State Champions" it doesn't say "Bluefield Beavers, 50 or so people won a state championship.... think about it

Because two of my best friends were on the team and I'm proud that they won a state championship. I was mad when they lost in 2004, but the loss had no effect on me because I wasn't a player on the team.

Yeah I did have a lot of friends on the 2004 team, and two of them are here at WVU playing football. You say that Bluefield fans have class, but you talk about kids in HS having their dreams taken away because of a coach. I guarantee that the Bluefield seniors would have been acting the same way if they would have lost. The funniest thing I've ever seen was the look that Coach Simon had in the second half when they couldn't stop Weir from scoring TD after TD.

This thread has ran its course. The game is over and Bluefield won, end of story so I see no sense in allowing it to eat up board space with stupidity. I'm locking the thread as such and if GMan wishes to reopen it he may do such.