Bluefield's head coach

FOOTBALLMAN

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Well "buddy" you showed your intelligence by the use of profanity. Not only do you not know basketball, you dont have much of a vocabulary either. Maybe Gilliard would have stayed if all the "FANS" didnt think win it all or fail. You do know only one team can wil it all each year, right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think fans are expecting to win it all, every year. The point is what the coach does with the talent he has, and many fans felt that Gilliard did not do a good job of using the talent he had. The thing I see and hear is that he was making poor coaching decisions.

A good coach is defined by using the players he has to their best abilities. If someone were to take a bunch of 5'9" slow guys to a 0.500 record, that would be a good coaching job, but to do the same with a group of 6'5" speedsters...not a good job. The success isn't just defined by the record, it's defined by whether the team under-achieved or over-achieved.

And it appears Gilliard left to get his dream job, not due to what he could (or couldn't) do at Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly and i didn't use profanity those were dollar signs and if u wanna get technical that is an animal its even in the bible and buddy trust me i know basketball and bluefield should have more then two state basketball championships by now according to the talent they have had

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb a$$ isnt an animal in the bible. That is just an a$$. You want to call someone a dumb a$$ own up to it. Tony Webster is not going to get the job. There will be many kids play for the new coach whoever it is. But with fans like you out there no matter who gets the job and no matter what the team achieves im sure you will be there to second guess every move they make. Hey heres an idea, you get a coaching job and see what you get done.

[ QUOTE ]

Dumb a$$ isnt an animal in the bible. That is just an a$$. You want to call someone a dumb a$$ own up to it. Tony Webster is not going to get the job. There will be many kids play for the new coach whoever it is. But with fans like you out there no matter who gets the job and no matter what the team achieves im sure you will be there to second guess every move they make. Hey heres an idea, you get a coaching job and see what you get done.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha welll if webster don't get watch the likes of ansel pnder shaun brooks and no tellin who else not play.. u watch i know this cause i got the inside scoop andwhy don't u get a coachin job ill be just fine... ask the kids in bluefield high school and u know that should also be cosedered wbster coaches the majority of the team for aau every summer since back in the early 90's but the kids will tell u they don't want gaither(to many bad stories from former players) they didn't want Gillard, they surly don't want havens, they want webster. go up there and ask

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha welll if webster don't get watch the likes of ansel pnder shaun brooks and no tellin who else not play.. u watch i know this cause i got the inside scoop andwhy don't u get a coachin job ill be just fine... ask the kids in bluefield high school and u know that should also be cosedered wbster coaches the majority of the team for aau every summer since back in the early 90's but the kids will tell u they don't want gaither(to many bad stories from former players) they didn't want Gillard, they surly don't want havens, they want webster. go up there and ask

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really disappointed that there are young men who will bail if their guy isn't made the coach. That is a remarkably immature attitude, and NOT the kind of attitude that wins championships. It's a "me first" attitude.

I can't say you're wrong, but I do hope that you are.

But Webster is also works for the Mercer County school board as a professional plus he has head coaching expeirence coaching high school kids in summer league since the early 90's plus he has heavy support from big wigs in the city of Bluefield. does this not make iteven a possability that he may get it? Only askin cause I take you publicschoolfan as someone with great knowledge in this area.. or at least you come off as having knowledge in this area.

Non Mercer County Schools coaching experience is not equal with Mercer County experience. Fair or not, Summer League, AAU, Rec League, whatever is not considered equal to Varsity, Junior Varsity, or even Junior High or Middle school experience. I don't know Mr. Webster personally or professionally. I know basically what has been discussed on here him being an assistant and an AAU coach. Actually he is in violation of WVSSAC rules by coaching his kids in an AAU program. No coach is allowed to have contact with his kids in the offseason except during a 3 week period. If the SSAC would know about this I am sure he would be disciplined for this. It would be sad if the kids dont play for the new coach, but I dont think the principal or the board is going to let the kids pick the coach. I also dont think that Dale Lee has a snowballs chance of getting the job either. He has never been a head coach and has been passed over at Princeton where he has coached for a number of years so why would he get the Bluefield job. I assume that Mr. Webster applied for the job previously when Mr. Gilliard got the position over him with very little Varsity experience. Both Mr. Havens and Mr. Malimocci have more experience than Mr. Gilliard had at that time. What has changed? I believe that Bluefield has year in and year out as much talent as just about any AA team in the state. Whomever get the job will have success, but to expect a state championship every year is ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]

Just remember when you guys have the talent to win a state championship, so do maybe 3 or 4 other schools in the state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gilliard WASTED more talent at Bluefield than most schools EVER have...

I have a coaching job thanks for asking. Two words "Spelling Class" lol as todays generation would put it. What are you 12 or something. As I said before, wait (B4), the kids will not be picking the new coach, if they don't want to play that is their choice. They can then spend their time misspeeling words on chat forums, just kidding (jk). I hope that all the kids who are talented enough to play do so and wish the Beavers the best of luck no matter who coaches them. Just consider 24-3, with a state runners up finish a great season. Coach Gaither won two titles while their, the only ones in school history unless I am mistaken, and you guys don't seem to want him back, so unless Jesus applies for the job I guess yall are going to be disappointed. Maybe Bobby Knight is available, oh buts the kids probably wouldn't play for him either.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talked to Ansels mother today at work and she said that Ansel is going play basketball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the '92 team was one hell of a team that couldn't win at the AAA level due to Beckley. Now the first 2 years that you guys moved down you won it all and that was 10 years ago. Some of you need to realize that you are not going to win it year in and year out. Be glad that you have one of the best teams each year. It's not as if you have a history of winning BASKETBALL championships although 2 is more than some schools get in their history. It's great to have high expectations but some of you are taking it too far.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the '92 team was one hell of a team that couldn't win at the AAA level due to Beckley. Now the first 2 years that you guys moved down you won it all and that was 10 years ago. Some of you need to realize that you are not going to win it year in and year out. Be glad that you have one of the best teams each year. It's not as if you have a history of winning BASKETBALL championships although 2 is more than some schools get in their history. It's great to have high expectations but some of you are taking it too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oldskool I agree completely, and I am a Bluefield fan. We are one of the more talented teams in the state year in and year out but to believe that they are a lock is ridiculous. While they are very talented, they are not blue chip players.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oldskool I agree completely, and I am a Bluefield fan. We are one of the more talented teams in the state year in and year out but to believe that they are a lock is ridiculous. While they are very talented, they are not blue chip players.

[/ QUOTE ]

we dont expect one every year, one out of four would have been great. Bluefield was the best team last year in the state and BY FAR the most athletic team we have seen in awhile and they lost to a slow unathletic team in the quarterfinals. Why? cause we didnt use our advantages. The coach let them dictate the tempo. we just want the coach to at least USE the talent we have. For example Gilliard sat out a first team all tournament player in 2006 for most of the third and all but 47 seconds of the fourth. With 47 seconds left what can he do? i understand sitting a guy down with 4 fouls ... but till 47 ticks left? thats stupid.

Not me friend I hope BHS get's their feet firmley planted and start to expect only good things. I know who had a positive interview yesterday. P.S. If I have a typo or misspell, please disreguard. Get the point.