Austin Fuller...

hasbeen88

They can recruit you as whatever they think you want to play, and tell you that you'll play that. But once you get there, coaches will do whatever they want with where you line up. Not just for Stin, but for everybody who goes D1.

The position that he'll play will depend on how he develops as a player. They recruited him mostly for his build(body) and athletic abilities. Theres always a chance that he could pack on 30+ lbs of muscle and play as a rush D-End. It will be interesting to follow his college career and see how he progresses. Best of luck to him and one piece of advice: Keep a solid work ethic and you WILL see positive results.

[ QUOTE ]

They can recruit you as whatever they think you want to play, and tell you that you'll play that. But once you get there, coaches will do whatever they want with where you line up. Not just for Stin, but for everybody who goes D1.

[/ QUOTE ]how you doin at tennesee?

The point is that it doesn’t matter what position a college recruits you for. Fuller will mature (Physically) tremendously in Tech's program. They WILL groom him to play where they want and need him. At this point no one will have a solid Idea of where (or if) he will play. My best guess at this moment would be that he will have his greatest shot for playing time on the defensive side of the ball. Based on his size at the moment, one would believe that he is best suited to play safety (Obviously he will never play D-Tackle or Offensive Line). What they see in Austin is an Athlete. One that can and will be groomed to fill whatever needs the team has.

True. tech could throw some size on him and be great D end! Im glad to see a area fella make it.. Congrats..

Oh and my prediction this week... RHS 10 Patrick 14

[ QUOTE ]

i bet austin fuller doesn't even get a spot at tech with the athletes that tech brings in there

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Virginia Tech just loves to waste a scholarships on people they know will never play. If Tech is giving him a full scholarship then they obviously see some potential in Fuller. They will find a fit for him and play him where they want and need him.

[ QUOTE ]

The point is that it doesn’t matter what position a college recruits you for. Fuller will mature (Physically) tremendously in Tech's program. They WILL groom him to play where they want and need him. At this point no one will have a solid Idea of where (or if) he will play. My best guess at this moment would be that he will have his greatest shot for playing time on the defensive side of the ball. Based on his size at the moment, one would believe that he is best suited to play safety (Obviously he will never play D-Tackle or Offensive Line). What they see in Austin is an Athlete. One that can and will be groomed to fill whatever needs the team has.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said.

[ QUOTE ]

how many people think hes overated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me, I think he is great. Problem is he doesn't have the quarterback play or the line play Richlands had last year. Most times McCracken could put the ball on a dime. This year, not so much and he is double-covered because he is Richlands only threat. I don't care what anyone says, little Jennings and McCracken are missed in Richlands way more than anyone gives them credit for.

I'd rather have someone that is an athlete and has a passion for the game, than someone who is just there for the free ride. I think Austin will do fine. I think he'll end up on the defensive side of the ball too. At least his ability won't be wasted being on offense. Bud Foster will find a perfect place on his defense for him.

Well said. Austin Fuller is a perfect example that it takes a football team, not just a single player to win ball games.

He was fortunate to have a great team around him to support his talents. For every "star" player in football there are 10 other players that help make him great. I hope that Austin does well a VT.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

how many people think hes overated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Frank Beamer. I'll trust his opinion over anybody on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you Bluekick! Beamer says Fuller's D-1 material!