Grundy @ Graham

wave_20

[ QUOTE ]

Who are you‘ll going to get to replace him?(Coach Carlock) I don’t see Bobby Knight, Coach K, Tom Rife or even Fred Phillips wanting to come take this job. The best thing you can do is get a young coach fresh out of college who has played the game to come be the JV coach for a couple of years and then turn the program over to him. Graham G-Girls got in trouble a few year ago when they turn over their program to Kelly Grahman and look how bad that went. You need somebody that has played the game at the college level and that the players can respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brandon Rosser...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

You guys are killing me. Is there someone else that teaches in Tazewell Co. that you guys want to coach at Graham? PLEASE name that person. There are no basketball coaches at Graham High. They are all football coaches. I really don't think he actually would have taken the job if there had been someone there that would have been qualified to do it when Jones left. He's doing what he thinks is best and maybe it's not working but until guys start playing in the off season and not just when November comes then they are going to continue to lose. IF you guys want another coach find one and I'm sure he'll step down if he andthe administration feels that is what is best. Lighten up a little bit and maybe try to help the situation especially if you are form Graham. I have pride in the school but unfortunately I don't live there anymore so I can't possibly help to much. I get on here just to see what is going on back home and all this negative sh*t is what I see. Teach your kids the game before they get to high school. The middle school only plays about 7 games so that's not helping. With all these geniuses on here I'm sure you guys could put your heads together and come up with something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't have to be a teacher at Graham to coach...could be someone from the community. or from another school in the county.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe his players should listen to him> They were up big and he was telling them to slow and they kept running and gunning. His players are just hard headed and uncoachable

[/ QUOTE ]

Then call a Timeout and jerk a knot in their arse.

Anyone remember the 1997 regional game between Bluefield and Summers County played in Beckley? Eric Thompson held the ball just in side of the half court line for almost the entire fourth quarter to secure a Bluefield win and a third straight trip to the State Tourney.

Futher proof there is no rule about holding the ball.

The guy that coached the younger players on the travel team would be a good choice. they respected him and he knew the game.I watched them a couple of times and they played well for him.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Who are you‘ll going to get to replace him?(Coach Carlock) I don’t see Bobby Knight, Coach K, Tom Rife or even Fred Phillips wanting to come take this job. The best thing you can do is get a young coach fresh out of college who has played the game to come be the JV coach for a couple of years and then turn the program over to him. Graham G-Girls got in trouble a few year ago when they turn over their program to Kelly Grahman and look how bad that went. You need somebody that has played the game at the college level and that the players can respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brandon Rosser...

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go, if he's good enough to get offered an assistant job in New York somewhere, he should be good enough to coach Graham High. Good, young guy. Players will probably easily relate to. Local guy, i think he's from around Lynchburg and he played at BC and i think he still coaches there. Lets make it happen.

I know it doesn't have to be a teacher from the high school. If you look at the county, name someone that could or would do it. Have you ever seen someone from the community have a head job in tazewell county?

yeah hes coachin there...

but they wont fire carlock, hes gonna be there till he steps down, which i doubt that will happen... hes not the best coach but not the worst either... i think the team should be at .500 tho with there schedule