Who are the top boys basketball players in the southwest district?

mattnoe18

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Palmer, Taxley, Stephens .. i expect pretty good numbers for stephens cause hes always had the talent but hes been surrounded by more talent. grundy is young this year with him being the only consistent starter returning..look for derek hess to have a good year as well

If #32 is back this year for Graham, he should be up there. He impressed me most of any SWD player.

If #32 is J.D. Hunter then he graduated last year. He is currently playing golf at Furman University.

Jeffers and Palmer are a tandum to look at this year. Jeffers playing mult. positions and Palmer down low its kind of hard to stop. I know that Graham did beat bluefield over the summer along with tazwell and all its pocy players. Graham will be good this year. Thats the first time ive been able to say that in a while!

We lost a lot with but our J.V. has some decent talent coming. Abingdon should be loaded for the next two years. Their J.V. crushed everyone and they had some returners coming back on their varsity. Tazewell will be improved with the Pocy kids coming on board. As for the rest it is a toss up. I know Graham got hot at the end of the year and upset Grundy then beat Marion to finish 3rd in the district tourney how many do they return?

Don't know about their J.V. i saw them at Richlands when the game went into overtime. I know someone said their varsity had a lot of sophmores and a freshman on it last year. Anyone from Graham know what they return beside the Palmer kid. Still don't think it matters, Abingdon should be loaded.

GRAHAM SUCKS! they got beat by like everyone next year except for tazwell and thats because they were awful the only teams to watch is abingdon marion and carrol county

They already got beat by everyone NEXT year? Dang...they do suck!

Don't know about their J.V. i saw them at Richlands when the game went into overtime. I know someone said their varsity had a lot of sophmores and a freshman on it last year. Anyone from Graham know what they return beside the Palmer kid. Still don't think it matters, Abingdon should be loaded.

True, Graham's JV sucked because most of the better 9th and 10th graders were on varsity. Graham will be better this season...but not much better...

They should have a decent year. I wouldn't expect them to win the SWD, but they should be just fine. If they keep the momentum they had when they ended up 3rd in the district tourney, that should help carry them to a good start.

The thing I've always noticed about Graham basketball is that they always enter the season with very high expectations only to have a dismal season and end it as a disappointment. Just my $.02.

They should have a decent year. I wouldn't expect them to win the SWD, but they should be just fine. If they keep the momentum they had when they ended up 3rd in the district tourney, that should help carry them to a good start.

They may have finished third in the SWD tourney but they were next to last in the regular season. The only reason they finished 3rd was because Grundy, their first round opponent, had completely collapsed by that point in the season...they also beat Marion in the consolation round to finish 3rd but Marion was one of Graham's two regular season wins in district play...

GRAHAM SUCKS! they got beat by like everyone next year except for tazwell and thats because they were awful the only teams to watch is abingdon marion and carrol county

Next time you a thought just let it go. I know alot of people don't know what's going to happen in basketball this year in the SWD and they all have differnt opions about their teams but atleast they keep their wet dream opions to their self. You have no idea what tazewell is bringing to the table this year and also what Graham is bringing back.