Legitimiate question for Obama supporters...

Guest JJBrickface

Guest JJBrickface

In your opinion, what has Barack Obama done in his past that qualifies him to be President of the United States?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion, what has Barack Obama done in his past that qualifies him to be President of the United States?

You won't find the answer on this board. Several people have posed the same question to his "supporters" only find no answers other than silence.

Guest JJBrickface

I know there are some people on here who support Senator Obama. I will give them time to answer before I post anything else.

If you want to know why he's going to win...it's not what he's done as much as what people believe he will do....or probably more so won't do.

Is that right or wrong? We shall see...

It's called the 'gift of gab'. There is no experience, only denying everything he's already said because it doesn't serve his purpose anymore. The problem is the left-wing media doesn't share any of this with the general population so most people are in the dark about what he really says and does.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
If you want to know why he's going to win...it's not what he's done as much as what people believe he will do....or probably more so won't do.

Is that right or wrong? We shall see...

Ill ask again... What congressional accomplishments has Barack Obama acheived while in Illinios' senate, as well as a Senator for Illinois?

and ill say agian jack shit!

That's beautiful grammar and punctuation right there. Your teachers should be proud!

What has Barack Obama done in the past to qualify him for President of the United States of America?

It's true that John McCain has more experience than Barack Obama, we all know that. experience teaches you about issues and helps you make decisions. Why can't people have good judgment with little experience? It may take some people a life time to try and develop good judgment and they still may not end up getting it. I think that Obama has good judgment and a good idea about the issues he'll have to tackle when elected President of the United States.

Obama's experience, I think everyone knows about the basic history: community organizer, Illinois State Senate for 8 years, US Senate for 4 years

Barack Obama is 26 years younger than John McCain, so ofcourse he does not have the same record McCain does. But I do agree with his idea of change. And I think America needs a change

Anything else JJ?

Edited by bluefieldRocks

Ill ask again... What congressional accomplishments has Barack Obama acheived while in Illinios' senate, as well as a Senator for Illinois?

And a question for you sir. Why does he need to have accomplishments to prove that he will make a good president?

And people lets face it, unless something freakish happens, Barack Obama will be the next president of the U.S.

That's beautiful grammar and punctuation right there. Your teachers should be proud!

What has Barack Obama done in the past to qualify him for President of the United States of America?

It's true that John McCain has more experience than Barack Obama, we all know that. experience teaches you about issues and helps you make decisions. Why can't people have good judgment with little experience? It may take some people a life time to try and develop good judgment and they still may not end up getting it. I think that Obama has good judgment and a good idea about the issues he'll have to tackle when elected President of the United States.

Obama's experience, I think everyone knows about the basic history: community organizer, Illinois State Senate for 8 years, US Senate for 4 years

Barack Obama is 26 years younger than John McCain, so ofcourse he does not have the same record McCain does. But I do agree with his idea of change. And I think America needs a change

Anything else JJ?

Everyone keeps talking about change with Obama. The last time I checked he was still a politician with ties to one of the two major political parities in the US. If you really want change so bad, vote Ron Paul or someone from the Constitution, Libertarian, or Green parties.

And if your idea of change is raising taxes to give the lazy and irresponsible even more free food, more free housing, and more free education then bundle up when you visit Lenin's grave because it gets cold in Russia this time of year.

The only things he's changing is his views as the election goes on.

Hell by the time election day comes he's gonna be more conservative than McCain.

This whole "steal from the rich and give to the poor" robin hood thing doesn't fly. It's taking away from the people that went to school for up to fifteen years ,to make they kind of money that they do, and rewarding the people who haven't done jack but sit and collect a check. If that offends anybody, I'm so sorry! Just my opinion.

Edited by Fighton_3

Guest BEAVERTAIL
And a question for you sir. Why does he need to have accomplishments to prove that he will make a good president?

Would you buy a car without recognizing that it runs well?

Would a college accept you without recognizing prior accomplishments?

Would you get a job without any accomplishments on your resume?

The point is, we can either choose to listen to what a politician says, or go by hard facts, his voting records and accomplishments etc.. Now, if you want to elect someone merely because they are from a different party then GWB, and because they speak well go ahead. But since he has no accomplishments and has no great policies to succeed, why vote for him. In order to predict the future, which we have to do while picking the president, we have to know the facts. Not a persons word, because to many that doesnt mean much anymore.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Anything else JJ?

As much as I think this is a great, well written point, it show no accomplishments whatsoever...

Guest JJBrickface

Anything else JJ?

There is a reason I ask what he has accomplished. For example, what policies did he lead that helped the state of Illinois? What is the state of Illinois economics? And how did Barack Obama contribute to that? I think its a very legitimate question.

Here is one way of looking at it...Would a major business hire a person for a CEO position if that person had little experience coming from a lower level position? Would they hire that person if they achieved little in their old position? That is what I'm getting at.

The point is, we can either choose to listen to what a politician says, or go by hard facts, his voting records and accomplishments etc.. Now, if you want to elect someone merely because they are from a different party then GWB, and because they speak well go ahead. But since he has no accomplishments and has no great policies to succeed, why vote for him. In order to predict the future, which we have to do while picking the president, we have to know the facts. Not a persons word, because to many that doesnt mean much anymore.

Pretty much what I believe, right here.

I'll just add that 53% of Obama's introduced bills in the Senate were declarations: basically, dedicating buildings to people. Not only that, he fits right into the "Do-Nothing Congress", which has passed the least amount of legislation since 1848.

There is a reason I ask what he has accomplished. For example, what policies did he lead that helped the state of Illinois? What is the state of Illinois economics? And how did Barack Obama contribute to that? I think its a very legitimate question.

Here is one way of looking at it...Would a major business hire a person for a CEO position if that person had little experience coming from a lower level position? Would they hire that person if they achieved little in their old position? That is what I'm getting at.

I think this is a very legitimate point to surface, JJ. I am going to re-post a couple points from something that tbgfan posted sometime last week that, I believe, was overlooked by most people on the board. These are a few facts that were brought to the attention. You may call them "scare tactics" if you wish, but I think they just come more along the terms of reality.

I will provide the link below, but I'm going to incorporate the main points into my post.

http://www.tricities.com/tri/news/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/article/mccain_not_perfect_but_best_choice_now/15327/

1.) Through July of 2008, there have been 221 casualties stemming from the war in Iraq, while 291 murders have been committed in city of Chicago alone (19 shootings on one Friday night in April).

2.) Illinois currently has the highest sales tax in the nation at 10.25%.

3.) The city of Chicago has one of the worst rated school systems in the United States.

4.) Chicago holds the second highest metropolitan foreclosure rate in the nation and Illinois is ranked 12th.

The analogy posed in this thread about the President being our boss in the workforce is very interesting. These qualifications are lacking a little bit, in my honest opinion, and probably towards the majority of the country, too. This man wants to be our President. If you look at the four statements I provided just previous to this paragraph you will see just where exactly Barack Obama is taking these issues. McCain's tax policy is ludicrous? Well, then let's pay a 10% tax on all personal expenditures. The educational system in the United States needs a great amount of work, yet Obama is having trouble improving just one major city that rounds up to 1% of the country's population. Our nation's economic status is depreciating at this current time and the housing market can't keep its head above the water in Illinois. Barack Obama has the power to "change" all of this with one outstanding speech. This man wants to be our next President.

Sorry for the rant, JJ. I just remembered the tbgfan's post and thought it was sort of overlooked. I wanted to bring it back into the spotlight for a second because I thought it could be of some use again.

But still yet, what has Barack Obama done to prove that he is able to run our country?

<cricket...cricket...cricket...cricket...cricket>

What you acomplish in the past is just that, In the past... I'm standing by who I vote for reguardless of what you people say. And I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Nobody can predict the future, Obama could be one of the greatest Presidents we ever have, and so could McCain, you just can't tell until Obama/McCain actually get into office and start making changes...

Hokie07, What has John McCain did in the past to prove he would run this country good? You never know whats going to happen.... If McCain wins he could be the biggest Goofball of all-time. Just like Obama could be. But I like my chances with Obama

I'm done with this whole thing, I mailed my ballot out today and Barack Obama is my choice. Discussion over.

Edited by bluefieldRocks

Guest JJBrickface
He is going to win..its obvious..if you dont like it vote against him..or just leave...thats all you have to do I vote for who I like, I dont make it a sick obsession to bash people for liking someone

I haven't bashed one person with this thread!! I asked a question, period. You can either answer it or ignore it.