CU looking for a change

fieldgeneral

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that the man they choose has some local ties to the area. Under the leadership of Colobro and Williams, championships came to the Mountain Lions. The last few coaches they had thought recruiting out of state, and the area would bring wins. It didn't workout. Regardless of whom is chosen they will take over a pathetic program. Success will take time, but they can get better.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

From what I have heard, from football players nonetheless, Concord is looking to HS football. College coaches are repeatedly turning them down.

3 High school coaches have been offered that were alumni, and you can only imagine which one already has. Im trying to figure out the other 2 as we speak.

From what I have heard, from football players nonetheless, Concord is looking to HS football. College coaches are repeatedly turning them down.

3 High school coaches have been offered that were alumni, and you can only imagine which one already has. Im trying to figure out the other 2 as we speak.

My first two guesses would be Simon and Boyles.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
My first two guesses would be Simon and Boyles.

Simon has been offered from what they say, the other 2 I have no idea.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
How much more money could Concord throw at Simon then what he makes at BHS?

Id say he is close to retiring from teaching, so if he can draw retirement and get paid at CU, then he would be making some nice money.

How much more money could Concord throw at Simon then what he makes at BHS?

Money is not an issue for Coach Simon it would be for the joy of coaching at the college level...Who ever takes the CC job will have his work cut out for him because the situation is one big mess right now and their is no quick-fix and it will take some time to straighten it out.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Question: How much money would they have to pay you to get stuck with Concord's program?

Evidently not enough for any college coach around here. We have been turned down quite a few times from what I have heard...

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Hopefully if Simon takes the job he will give our local gentlemen a chance. I would take 3 of this years seniors for sure.

Concord has offered 2 already...