Abingdon's new coach

therealgame

im pretty sure one little incident wouldnt get him fired. it must have happened a few times but kept on the dl. thats just my two cents. and for you Abingdon people who will try and fuss at me for this. im not saying he DID do it. im saying he MIGHT have and no one knew about it.

It wasn't just the words of the one girl. It was the words and the pressuring of her parents. They didn't like Leonard for whatever reason, they're an annoying family and they're accustomed to getting whatever they want, whenever they want. They probably pressured the situation until it got way out of hand and it became WAY bigger than it was. It was stupid and he shouldn't have been fired for what happened. I know plenty of coaches and teachers that are way "closer" to their students and players than Leonard ever thought about being.

what i'm not getting is why they'd fire someone on the rumor of one girl. It seems to me that if he wanted to he could take that to court and overturn it. Not sure on that but for some reason i think ive heard of something like this that happened somewhere.

He was going to take it to court for a wrongful termination lawsuit but decided against it because he didn't want his name and his family in the newspapers. The fact that he didn't sue just to protect his family's name is just another testimony to his character and further evidence that him being fired was complete BS.

im pretty sure one little incident wouldnt get him fired. it must have happened a few times but kept on the dl. thats just my two cents. and for you Abingdon people who will try and fuss at me for this. im not saying he DID do it. im saying he MIGHT have and no one knew about it.

True. And it's possible, just highly, highly unlikely IMHO.

It wasn't just the words of the one girl. It was the words and the pressuring of her parents. They didn't like Leonard for whatever reason, they're an annoying family and they're accustomed to getting whatever they want, whenever they want. They probably pressured the situation until it got way out of hand and it became WAY bigger than it was. It was stupid and he shouldn't have been fired for what happened. I know plenty of coaches and teachers that are way "closer" to their students and players than Leonard ever thought about being.

someones a little uptight about this situation

Yeah the words of one highschool girl can go a long way, especially if she has crazy parents with money to back her. One word of lawsuit to school systems and they freak out because they are so pressed for money anyway. However, i don't know the situation at all I'm just saying you can accomplish alot with your parents with money to waste and someone who knows how to push the right buttons.

Good one.... idiot.

man shut the hell up, you don't even know me. I don't know the man but i know that half of abingdon's team said how they were goin to be even better without him so instead of getting snappy with us go check with them.

Although money can get you many things its hard to say that would stand up in court because of the fact its one girl, no proof, and no witnesses.

Alright look at it like this... Say one girl just one and a male coach are in the locker room after practice one day or anywhere for that matter. If she says he said or did inappropriate things, then it's her word against his. No it might not hold up in court then again one of her buddies can simply say yeah he acts like that to alot of girls. It can easily turn into high school drama way outta control. The school system more than likely isn't willing to take that risk. It's in their best interest if there is any resonable doubt to just get rid of the teacher before more problems arise. So, therefore, parents with money to burn giving it to someone who knows who to talk to and what buttons to push you can accomplish quite a bit on false accusations.

Edited by taz_11

man shut the hell up, you don't even know me. I don't know the man but i know that half of abingdon's team said how they were goin to be even better without him so instead of getting snappy with us go check with them.

Although money can get you many things its hard to say that would stand up in court because of the fact its one girl, no proof, and no witnesses.

My, my, such hostility. I was merely refering to the fact that you gave your "point" to Ace for asking a question that you apparently thought was going to stump me. I've heard the same thing from the players and don't really know if he was a good coach (I know he was a much better girls basketball coach than our replacement there, but that's neither here nor there..) or not since I don't really know all that much about soccer. I just know the situation and think that it's complete BS for someone to lose their job over something so stupid and trivial. Never once did I mention that Abingdon's soccer program was going down the drain because of his firing. I never once stated that Leonard was the best coach in the world. All I was doing was enlightening readers with the actual story and not ridiculous rumors. So if you'd like to give away "points" to people and cuss me, feel free. I couldn't care less.

well teamdagger, getting on here raisin such feud is not the best way to get your point across, i dont know the man. and im not saying that he did do it. And razzle dazzle, i get your point, and it makes alot of sense. What im not getting is the school fires the man because of it, by not taking it to court it appears that he is saying he is guilty and when this hits public noone will want to hire him becauseof the issue. In my opinion atleast go to court to clear your name.

well teamdagger, getting on here raisin such feud is not the best way to get your point across, i dont know the man. and im not saying that he did do it. And razzle dazzle, i get your point, and it makes alot of sense. What im not getting is the school fires the man because of it, by not taking it to court it appears that he is saying he is guilty and when this hits public noone will want to hire him becauseof the issue. In my opinion atleast go to court to clear your name.

Again, I'm not trying to feud with anyone, I'm just saying what's going on. And again, he just didn't want to put his family through the embarrasment of a trial. Also, he got a job, I think at Battle or Wallace about a week later. Now, I'm not 100% sure of where the job is, but I know he got one.

Not necessarily. If he was hired somewhere else, it looks like he wasn't too guilty at all. I can see not going to court from his and the schools side of it. School doesn't want to lose money in a lawsuit tells him if he just keeps his head down and goes somewhere else alot of it will go away. Rather than tie his family and himself up in something that is going to bring so much bad publicity toward them he just kept his head down and got away from it. I think most of us have done that at one time or another have a girlfriend you don't want but it would get ugly.. Rather than stand up and fight her in front of everybody just keep your head down and get out of it.. Kinda makes sense doesn't it?

yeah it does and i never said it didn't but i couldn't just let people look at me differently and they will, i know of a rumor about grahams coach (some bald guy) and at the game last night, alot of students make jokes about him. I'd just hate to have that about me.

yeah it does and i never said it didn't but i couldn't just let people look at me differently and they will, i know of a rumor ........ I'd just hate to have that about me.

Just read the bold above.......rumor.... key word.......and then the part of your last sentence. The golden rule should apply to anyone and all posting rumors.This thread has become like a poorly written soap opera.

opinion: a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

rumor: current story passing from one person to another, without any known authority for its truth;

Another rumor about another coach...... without any known authority for its truth

coincidence, coach in return, accepts being fired, claiming his role in the matter as inaccurate but not doing anything in return.

If you don't like the thread the simplest solution is to not read it. Simply put.

Okay, my last post on "this" thread.....my point .........a rumor was "thrown" out about another coach from another school (now since the rumor wasn't specific....ppl could "read" into it whatever).

Again, the word you used was rumor in your post. The golden rule.....it works everytime. Have a good day.

• 8 years later...

I strongly hope that every last one of you little (insert curse word) that still belive or thought that my father would do something like that is terrible. He didn’t sue because he didn’t want to get his family and me, I was in 3rd grade at the time, into the press or to worry about anything that could’ve happened. He has been denied teaching because of this bs case and is a far better coach than anyone in the entire area or even surrounding states for that matter. This won’t be seen by anyone, no one cares anymore, but it’s sick to look back at this and to see that people thought my father would be a little “close” with a girl on his team. And for Abingdon soccer program- they sure were better weren’t they? All they did was take my fathers talented players for two years and win, then went back to sucking ( insert second curse word). Hope you are all happy.