"Manning up"...

GMan

OK, I admit when I'm wrong and well, in regards to Graham basketball this year...I was wrong.

They have had a tremendous season, much better than I predicted and/or anticipated. But now, the real "season" begins.

After the SWD tournament, things will get a little tougher for the G-Men. Even though neither the Piedmont nor the River Ridge was nearly as strong as they have been in the past, they are still MUCH better than what the SWD has to offer in terms of competition. The only hope for the G-Men to do well in the Region IV tournament is being placed in the tournament bracket opposite both the top seeds from the RRD and PD. This will at least give the G-Men the chance to advance to the Region IV Finals and the first round of the State Tournament. After that, all bets are off as Region III is absolutely LOADED...

I have to give you creidt for manning up. I have sat back and read your negitive comments about the G-Men all year and at least you are man enough to own up to your comments.

The G-Men have played well together and I am proud of them.

OK, I admit when I'm wrong and well, in regards to Graham basketball this year...I was wrong.

They have had a tremendous season, much better than I predicted and/or anticipated. But now, the real "season" begins.

After the SWD tournament, things will get a little tougher for the G-Men. Even though neither the Piedmont nor the River Ridge was nearly as strong as they have been in the past, they are still MUCH better than what the SWD has to offer in terms of competition. The only hope for the G-Men to do well in the Region IV tournament is being placed in the tournament bracket opposite both the top seeds from the RRD and PD. This will at least give the G-Men the chance to advance to the Region IV Finals and the first round of the State Tournament. After that, all bets are off as Region III is absolutely LOADED...

Man of his word.

Congrat to the G-Men.. Damn Good Season!

I have sat back and read your negitive comments about the G-Men all year

Its not being "negitive". Its called being able to take off the colored glasses and seeing things from unbiased stand point and not being a homer every single day. Its called truly wanting to see the area improve instead of falling behind like it has in recent years and get back to what it used to be and the attitudes of those days.

Its not being "negitive". Its called being able to take off the colored glasses and seeing things from unbiased stand point and not being a homer every single day. Its called truly wanting to see the area improve instead of falling behind like it has in recent years and get back to what it used to be and the attitudes of those days.

There is a "CARLOCK" running the show in basketball!!!!

Its called truly wanting to see the area improve instead of falling behind like it has in recent years and get back to what it used to be and the attitudes of those days.

GMan can say what he wants..Doesnt mean I agree with it always or even sometimes...But what part of his negativity struck you as him wanting to see the area improve instead of falling behind? When I see somebody put down the performances of the kids in the SWD over and over and over again, for some reason I dont think "well, he's just wanting to see the area improve."...I could be wrong but IDK...Just doesnt strike me as the message that is being put out there....

Whether I want to see improvement or not, basketball in the SWD is still sadly pathetic.

I'm "manning up" because I said all along Graham would finish at the bottom of this sadly pathetic district. They proved me wrong...and I admit that.

And until ANYONE from the SWD wins OUTSIDE the district, what I've stated still stands true. They are no longer playing in the "midget league"...

who are the Reigon III teams that are loaded

Handley, Robert E. Lee-Staunton, Millbrook, Liberty, Cave Spring, Brookville.

and lee was taken to double overtime by stuarts draft before winning something like 69 60 or something like that. so they are not invinceable.

and lee was taken to double overtime by stuarts draft before winning something like 69 60 or something like that. so they are not invinceable.

Trust me, Lee, on an off night, is 30 points better than any D-3 team in Region IV...

Once again, posters have lost sight on the topic. G-man admits he dissed the G-men and they won the SWD, regardless of how good or bad it is. The fact remains they won it and he 'mans' up. What about the rest of the naysayers ? Up to this point, that is as good as it gets.

I admit I was a naysayer too. Based upon what I saw last year, I reason to be concerned about the coach's ability to lead. He and the team have proven me wrong. The key word is TEAM. Having watched Graham now several times I am struck by the unity. There is no one who is "me" first.

When I looked down the bench last night, it suddenly struck me that most of these guys have been playing together since middle school. Most of the players are juniors and you can see their chemistry.

I agree, that the talent levels in other parts of the state are stronger than in Region IV. We also have to recognize that there are communities in this state that are basketball 1st and have rich traditions. AA programs like Martinsville, R.E. Lee (Staunton), Greensville, and Brunswick to name just a few are steeped in hoops much the way guys in Grundy are about wrestling; and those in Salem and Pulaski live football.

We should applaud our guys for their great effort, and also be realistic enough to know that other places have strong traditions and programs that will be a challenge.

We should relish the challenge, and put forth our best efforts to compete. But to do this we have to ackowledge the challenge exists.

With that said, I will be there supporting our teams win or lose.

AA programs like Martinsville, R.E. Lee (Staunton), Greensville, and Brunswick to name just a few are steeped in hoops much the way guys in Grundy are about wrestling; and those in Salem and Pulaski live football.

Funny you should mention those four teams that are "steeped in hoops"...ALL four are D-3 schools...

Looks like they played all their good games durin the regular season, at least thats what i take from it after they lose to richlands and grundy