? about a school location..Where is North Cross High ...

edrforshey

Here's the difference...

Nobody wants to play James Monroe because they run up the score on some really weak teams with the first teamers still in the game in the fourth quarter...

When did that happen?

Here's the difference...

Nobody wants to play James Monroe because they run up the score on some really weak teams with the first teamers still in the game in the fourth quarter...

When did that happen?

Are you serious???

Do you not remember Don Jackson's first tenure at James Monroe???

Let's see 62-18 and 60-0 over PikeView, 55-7 and 70-20 over Summers Co., 58-2 over Richwood, 67-6 over Fayetteville, 82-6 over Midland Trail...

Ok, if you're going back that far (and not all of those games were on Jackson's watch) during that same time period JM also beat Richwood 48-6, 27-7; Summers 34-7, 34-0; Midland Trail 47-19, 41-22 and I only recall playing Fayetteville once (not before nor after that score). Those are pretty solid victories but far from "running up" the score. I probably saw most of those games, and, yes, maybe there were times starters were left in longer than I thought they should have been, but I have never thought JM used those teams as whipping posts and that starters were left in, intentionally, for that purpose.

There were actually more times during the 2007 season when I questioned why second and third teamers didn't get in some games earlier than they did, and none of those games, with the exception of Mount View and Pikeview, were really blowouts; and I know that at both, starters were pulled fairly early (@ Pikeview in the 1st quarter.)

Ok, if you're going back that far (and not all of those games were on Jackson's watch) during that same time period JM also beat Richwood 48-6, 27-7; Summers 34-7, 34-0; Midland Trail 47-19, 41-22 and I only recall playing Fayetteville once (not before nor after that score). Those are pretty solid victories but far from "running up" the score. I probably saw most of those games, and, yes, maybe there were times starters were left in longer than I thought they should have been, but I have never thought JM used those teams as whipping posts and that starters were left in, intentionally, for that purpose.

There were actually more times during the 2007 season when I questioned why second and third teamers didn't get in some games earlier than they did, and none of those games, with the exception of Mount View and Pikeview, were really blowouts; and I know that at both, starters were pulled fairly early (@ Pikeview in the 1st quarter.)

You can argue until you're blue in the face but facts are facts; and I'm willing to be that most of the people on this board who actually "know" will agree with me on this topic...

Well, I don't know what it takes to be in "the know," but I certainly don't want to be blue in the face, (purple maybe, but not blue) so I guess I'll just rest my case and leave this argument for those far wiser than I.

Here's the difference...

When did that happen?

You must be new to the area......

Somehow this ignorant debate come up every year. Overall I like JM's scedule, would've liked to see Giles and Princeton on there, but there's 2010 I suppose. If the North Cross addition is someone's idea of a cupcake, they really need to look at there schedule, this isn't a bad team.

The big thing a like is the longest Reg. season road trip is Welch. In this economy, if Gas & Diesel go back around $4.00/Gallon +, the Mavs might be sittin pretty while other team have to do mid-season fundraisers to go to next week's game. Hate to say it but I can definetly see that kind of thing happening.

As far as how we'll do it's a big ? The only returning starter at skill positions is the QB and TE, defense is a little better, I think we only have to replace and ILB and FS. The good thing is almost all the interior lines are returning, a big improvement over last year when everyone inside was green.

Somehow this ignorant debate come up every year. Overall I like JM's scedule, would've liked to see Giles and Princeton on there, but there's 2010 I suppose. If the North Cross addition is someone's idea of a cupcake, they really need to look at there schedule, this isn't a bad team.

The big thing a like is the longest Reg. season road trip is Welch. In this economy, if Gas & Diesel go back around $4.00/Gallon +, the Mavs might be sittin pretty while other team have to do mid-season fundraisers to go to next week's game. Hate to say it but I can definetly see that kind of thing happening.

As far as how we'll do it's a big ? The only returning starter at skill positions is the QB and TE, defense is a little better, I think we only have to replace and ILB and FS. The good thing is almost all the interior lines are returning, a big improvement over last year when everyone inside was green.

In my opinion it might not be a bad game either, I'm always for playing teams that are very unorthodox on a schedule, from different places, ect.. and as you write, they might be a very competitive team.

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I wish Wayne and James Monroe were closer to each other...I didn't get to go this past year (was broadcasting the Marshall game at Wisconsin the next day...51-14..yikes) but my Dad said it was a real nice place to watch a game and the people were very nice.

Wayne and James Monroe have different manners of going about playing football, but they're similar in that they're hardnosed country kids who work their tails off to be as good as they can be. Makes for good matchups because generally, the athletes aren't a lot different, and both are well coached. Wayne's junior linemen last year did a number on James Monroe's sophomore linemen, but JMHS was obviously still figuring out how to run the Jackson style of offense. Their run later in the season proved that (they had a good draw in the playoffs, but going on the road 3 weeks and none of them very close is difficult).

Wayne ended up signing a 1-for-1 with Keyser in that spot...picked up a good opponent but went even further away. I understand James Monroe's geographic problems. Wayne has MSAC issues...it's almost impossible to schedule Spring Valley, Huntington or Cabell Midland because of the MSAC schedule. Wayne plays the local AA's already...all of them along I-64 between Huntington and Charleston.

I understand this to be the last year of the Wayne-Logan series...so looks like Week 11 becomes available in 2010. I THINK the rest are contracted games...have played Chesapeake, OH for a long while...would kind of like to maybe substitute that game since they've dropped off, although they could beat Wayne any given year...well coached program, just a small school.

Ed, the issue in the past has been that the MSAC didn't always make Spring Valley-Huntington, Spring Valley-Cabell Midland, Spring Valley-Hurricane, Huntington-Cabell Midland, Huntingtob-Hurricane, and Cabell Midland-Hurricane as conference games. When they were not scheduled to play MSAC games, they pretty much always played non-conference (except 2005, when Spring Valley did not play either Huntington or Hurricane, but did play Princeton and Greenbrier East in conference, and John Marshall non-conference.

Perhaps if the schedule is regionalized, Wayne could get one of those teams on a future schedule.