Graham's Junior High. Who is at fault?

Guest lookoutmountain

Guest lookoutmountain

I've heard how the coach for Graham isn't a good coach and many of the Graham fans wanting him gone. I've also seen where a few feel Graham's problem is beyond a coaching problem and feels it's a talent problem (or lack thereof). How does one explain the junior high at Graham? I here their junior high can't score a touchdown on anyone's first team and that they are absolutely horrible and haven't come close to winning a game. Is that Marr's fault also? Sure, some could say he's the Head Coach at High School and responsible overall, but how on earth can a junior high team that looks like a pee wee team in talent be fault of a High School Coach? I'm beginning to believe the problem in Bluefield, VA, is to many playstations, poptarts, golfcarts, and kids who would rather play Mafia Wars and talk on Facebook than get out there and play football. Some could always argue that there is talent in the school, but it will not come out to play under the current coach. That argument could be used in every school. Fact is...their junior high looks like a pee wee team with absolutely no talent. Regardless of whether the coach is replaced or not, the G-Men football era has many years before it rebounds to what it once was because it has a talent problem and a new coach will no fix that.

I've heard how the coach for Graham isn't a good coach and many of the Graham fans wanting him gone. I've also seen where a few feel Graham's problem is beyond a coaching problem and feels it's a talent problem (or lack thereof). How does one explain the junior high at Graham? I here their junior high can't score a touchdown on anyone's first team and that they are absolutely horrible and haven't come close to winning a game. Is that Marr's fault also? Sure, some could say he's the Head Coach at High School and responsible overall, but how on earth can a junior high team that looks like a pee wee team in talent be fault of a High School Coach? I'm beginning to believe the problem in Bluefield, VA, is to many playstations, poptarts, golfcarts, and kids who would rather play Mafia Wars and talk on Facebook than get out there and play football. Some could always argue that there is talent in the school, but it will not come out to play under the current coach. That argument could be used in every school. Fact is...their junior high looks like a pee wee team with absolutely no talent. Regardless of whether the coach is replaced or not, the G-Men football era has many years before it rebounds to what it once was because it has a talent problem and a new coach will no fix that.

First of all...Graham doesn't have a "junior high" team....it's a middle school team...

second of all...they've only lost 1 game....they're 3-1 or 4-1...

They're scoring about 25 points per contest...

where do you get your information, you may want to change your source.

You have no clue what you're talking about...the J.V. team is pretty good also for your information, so basically everything you just said is completely and utterly wrong.....

Edited by futbolking

Don't know who is telling you the "junior high" sux but they are telling you lies. They are playing good football and have good coaching. Plus, Graham's JV is 2-0 and playing very good football. Get your facts straight. The middle school team has new coaches this year that are doing a good job with a young team. A bunch of 7th graders get alot of playing time. Would be nice to see Marrs at a middle school game or doing something to promote the program from the rec league and middle school. Heck from what I hear he barely shows up for JV games.

Don't know who is telling you the "junior high" sux but they are telling you lies. They are playing good football and have good coaching. Plus, Graham's JV is 2-0 and playing very good football. Get your facts straight. The middle school team has new coaches this year that are doing a good job with a young team. A bunch of 7th graders get alot of playing time. Would be nice to see Marrs at a middle school game or doing something to promote the program from the rec league and middle school. Heck from what I hear he barely shows up for JV games.

That guy's been trying to sell the b.s. that Graham has a "lack of talent" he doesn't know squat about Graham. There's plenty of talent at Graham.

Edited by futbolking

lookoutmountain=wonder which Marrs he's kin to? lookoutmountain=could be WeeCee?

lookoutmountain has apparently not seen any Graham games as of late...the players never quit, they give an all out effort...they just aren't put in the right positions, or right situation to win. Graham should have at least two wins this year.

lookoutmountain=wonder which Marrs he's kin to? lookoutmountain=could be WeeCee?

lookoutmountain has apparently not seen any Graham games as of late...the players never quit, they give an all out effort...they just aren't put in the right positions, or right situation to win. Graham should have at least two wins this year.

sounds to me hes marrs sr. and full of pop tarts.lmao

okay that was a good post, until the last sentence. who is Graham gonna beat?? much less two teams?

What would really help Graham is, if they had a large area to draw from.....saaaaay, the size of Kingsport TN. Also, Graham parents let their kids go through school way too quick, no kid should just go through the 8th grade once.....what are you people thinking?!?!

Now, get over there and recruit some of that West Virginia talent and quit making your kids go through the 8th grade just once!! You need to learn how to manipulate the system. It's not Marr's fault, it's you parents and alumni. Once you've learned how to recruit and have college age seniors, then claim to have a tremendous amount of pride and tradition!!

What would really help Graham is, if they had a large area to draw from.....saaaaay, the size of Kingsport TN. Also, Graham parents let their kids go through school way too quick, no kid should just go through the 8th grade once.....what are you people thinking?!?!

Now, get over there and recruit some of that West Virginia talent and quit making your kids go through the 8th grade just once!! You need to learn how to manipulate the system. It's not Marr's fault, it's you parents and alumni. Once you've learned how to recruit and have college age seniors, then claim to have a tremendous amount of pride and tradition!!

Unfortunately, the TCSB put an end to out-of-state recruiting...we've moved our recruiting efforts to Pocahontas and Bland Co. That eighth grade thing might work though. LOL

+1...CLASSIC POST!!! Nice work clodhopper!!!

Really? Well, that makes it tough, but smart alumni will figure a way around that. Pocy ain't bad....you hafta start somewhere. Another 20 or 30 years and you'll have it all figured out, a regular football factory. Don't forget the "Pride and Tradition" part, that's important, it makes you think whatever you do to build a football team is ok!!

Unfortunately, the TCSB put an end to out-of-state recruiting...we've moved our recruiting efforts to Pocahontas and Bland Co. That eighth grade thing might work though. LOL

Out of state recruiting has ended in Tazewell Co? You wouldn't know it by watching Richlands last night.

okay that was a good post, until the last sentence. who is Graham gonna beat?? much less two teams?

Maybe I should've said could've...they had the game won at Va High...and IMO should've/could've beat Princeton last night. I agree with 99% of GHS fans that they won't win a game this year.

The TCSB didn't stop Richlands from recruiting those 4 boys from Big Creek. Of course thats Richlands and they do no wrong.

Out of state recruiting has ended in Tazewell Co? You wouldn't know it by watching Richlands last night.

Just so we are clear we did not get them cell phones, DVD's, etc.. We bought them a house, mercedes, and even already got them schlorships to D1 colleges and promised them a 1st round draft pick into the NFL. Tazewell, Graham, Bluefield have never had anyone tranfer in have they???????????? Quit the crying and get over it. They are Richlands boys, they wear the "R" like the rest of the team.

Just to set the record straight, I believe the JV is undefeated and the eighth grade team has only lost one game thus far this year. The JV almost lost to Honaker (sp.) this week because one of the coaches that has not been there decided to call offense. He is another little leauge coach with a losing record. Needless to say it was the Wishbone and they almost lost, having to go to overtime to win. This JV team was far and beyond the worst team they have played per an official at the game. This "new" JV coach (looks like Doug Marrs only shorter) has the same syndrome as the varsity coaches and needs to stay away from the JV. Rex Bradshaw was the previous coach and beat much, much better competition running from the spread. Hopefully this shows that the type players Graham has for the future (smaller, quick) could thrive in the spread.

Question: If it isn't broken stay away from it. Why would this new guy be allowed within 100 feet of the JV if they are undefeated. Was this a intentional attempt to cause a failure on the JV to get some of the heat off the Varsity? I'm confused.

Edited by YOTD

didnt Graham's varsity have success in scrimmages running from the spread this year? i could have sworn i heard someone talking about Graham running the spread and doing well. anyone know?

You are correct. I was at the scrimmage and they were somewhat successful. Much more successful than during the current season. The spread allows those small, quick backs to get out in space. Only problem is they like to dance and jitterbug around. If they would go north and south things would have been even better. You can't start dancing until you are 5 to 7 yards past the line of scrimmage. Take what the D gives then dance till your heart is content. Grahams biggest problem is that they favor a 19 60's-70's offense and defense because that is all they know (coaches) and are willing to learn. Maybe a few coaching clinics this summer would do some good.