Carroll Vs Basset

Pick_Six_27

I'll say Bassett by 10.

No reason except I don't have any idea what Carroll co has coming back this year but I did watch Bassett. Bassett has a lot of speed but if you can stop them from getting outside then you have a chance. They could not throw the ball at all last week. But I think that Will Lowe and the rest of the D line had something to do with that.

It should be a good game.

Does anybody know if they can throw the ball. A balanced attack may give us more trouble than the run attack only. Based on the Gate City game, I believe that if you can't pass the ball then you will have trouble putting any points on the board against us. It will be interesting to see how we do against a good passing team. Our line definitly gets pressure quick. Carroll must be pretty good as I thought Basset was pretty good.

Carroll's defense is pretty impressive this year, that's why Bassett turned the ball over 5 times.

Carroll played well, but I am not quite sure that the 5 turnovers were necessarily the result of the defense (the interception yes, the 4 fumbles....no). When you are an option style team and you don't take care of the ball, turnovers will occur. The Cavaliers kept the game style wise, more to their liking and played with a lot of intensity. I look for them to be very competitive this season. They are fundamentally sound and my Bengals were very lucky to escape Hillsville with a win. Best of luck to Carroll County the rest of the season.

Some unofficial stats from the game: (from Bassett Football Website)

BHS

28 Carries

167 Rushing yards

(3-11 for 66 yards)

5 TO's (4 fumbles, 1 INT)

Carroll County

54 Carries

154 Rushing yards

(3-9 for 16 yards)

2 T0's (1 fumble, 1 INT)

Carroll also dominated the time of possession - 32 and a half minutes to 15 and a half minutes. Of course, some of that was skewed because of Finney's punt return and turnovers. Technically, Bassett had six turnovers when you count lost possession on the bobbled field goal snap.

Remember too that Carroll was playing without it its two biggest lineman, Hunter Grubb, who is getting Division I looks, and Lucas Holder, another big boy. Four of their starting lineman were in the 170 to 180 pound range. Amazing effort by the Cavaliers.

Also have to give Bassett props for making the big plays when they had to make them. Bassett has had the edge in this rivalry in terms of wins and losses, but almost all of the games have been nailbiters.

Good luck to the Bengals the rest of the season, and as for Carroll, hopefully this game says a lot about how competitive they'll be this year.

The BHC picked CC by 6. This game will be a washout. Bassett by 4 touchdowns. Way too much speed for the Cavaliers.

Even though the Cavs lost, it was far from this prediction. Never underestimate until you've seen CC play.

Sorry Golden Boy....3 of the 4 fumbles took place in less than "secure" situations. When you don't take care of the ball in an option style offense....you will pay for it. Not taking anything away from Carroll County.....they played well (as I think I stated previously), but they were not the real cause for 3 of the fumbles. Good luck with the rest of your season.