Question

Blue_Crue

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the problem is with him moving the date, as much as giving up the gate. Which is giving up the money that the school would bring in. These are very tough financial times turning away any money, let alone a big gate is not very smart financially. I understand wanting to see your son play, but you as a coach/A.D have an obligation. If you cannot fulfill your obligation then give up coaching and be a parent.

I think it just shows again how bad graham needs a football coach not just someone who holds the title they will not make the playoffs again with marrs there. Whoops they drop to single a my 5yr old girl can make they playoffs in their district with the talent they have. I'm a life long blues fan but the first year he had the tesm there is no way the loss to us we could not stop the tightend pass to the goins kid . The second half they throw 0 passes great coach.

I don't think the problem is with him moving the date, as much as giving up the gate. Which is giving up the money that the school would bring in. These are very tough financial times turning away any money, let alone a big gate is not very smart financially. I understand wanting to see your son play, but you as a coach/A.D have an obligation. If you cannot fulfill your obligation then give up coaching and be a parent.

Home...run...

HforHomeRun%20(ala.org).jpg

Hey UVAObserver you talk more S**t about you alma mater than anyone i know of....so what if Coach Marrs changes a game from saturday to friday to see his son...who will in fact be dressing for that game......he dresses for all the home games so chill with that 0.00% bull crap...it shouldnt matter when or where you play a team should be able to play good at any moment of any day and you know that so quit complaining and go watch your team that week at princeton

Thanks for your input, Ms. Marrs.

First off, your son has a 0.00% chance of playing, because he's a true freshmen, and unless true freshmen are lighting the world on fire (and your son has not), then he's going to be riding more pine than a lumberjack. Second, he's not going to see any game action, because he's so far down the depth chart that he's not even listed on the active roster: http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/unc-m-footbl-mtt.html. So spare me the "my boy's going to play Saturday" "s***", as you so eloquently put it, because I have a better chance of bagging Lauren Conrad as your son does as playing on that Saturday.

For another thing, I live in PA, as you could tell if you had remedial reading skills (protip: it's on the left side of the screen). I'm not driving 5.5 hours on Friday night. End of story.

Third, I don't know anyone not currently on the Graham football team that does not want your husband removed. Since he's the AD and his good buddy is the principal, the only way he's getting removed is for people to stop giving to the program. As cash-strapped as TCPS and GHS are, that'll get people's attention.

I don't know why I'm even rationalizing this to you, Ms. Marrs. You live with the incompetence more than I see it...

First off, your son has a 0.00% chance of playing, because he's a true freshmen, and unless true freshmen are lighting the world on fire (and your son has not), then he's going to be riding more pine than a lumberjack. Second, he's not going to see any game action, because he's so far down the depth chart that he's not even listed on the active roster: http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/unc-m-footbl-mtt.html. So spare me the "my boy's going to play Saturday" "s***", as you so eloquently put it, because I have a better chance of bagging Lauren Conrad as your son does as playing on that Saturday.

For another thing, I live in PA, as you could tell if you had remedial reading skills (protip: it's on the left side of the screen). I'm not driving 5.5 hours on Friday night. End of story.

Third, I don't know anyone not currently on the Graham football team that does not want your husband removed. Since he's the AD and his good buddy is the principal, the only way he's getting removed is for people to stop giving to the program. As cash-strapped as TCPS and GHS are, that'll get people's attention.

I don't know why I'm even rationalizing this to you, Ms. Marrs. You live with the incompetence more than I see it...

lol, I dont have a horse in this race, but that was great.

alright first off i would just like to tell you that this is not my mothrer talking to you its the one that you are talkin crap about so let me just give you a little info good sir....one i am third string and just as a walk on freshman and two i get just as many live reps as anyone ahead of me which both of them have playing experience and i didnt say i was going to play either i know im not going to play i have no college football experience yet but thats beside the point.......you sittin here hiding your identity and talkin crap about my father is bullsh** if your so good come down here from the north and coach Pops doesnt have alot to work with i agree with you on that but and yeah maybe we havent done well since his first two years here but i know no one that puts as much effort as he does into his job so quit talkin crap about you alma mater and be supportive

alright first off i would just like to tell you that this is not my mothrer talking to you its the one that you are talkin crap about so let me just give you a little info good sir....one i am third string and just as a walk on freshman and two i get just as many live reps as anyone ahead of me which both of them have playing experience and i didnt say i was going to play either i know im not going to play i have no college football experience yet but thats beside the point.......you sittin here hiding your identity and talkin crap about my father is bullsh** if your so good come down here from the north and coach Pops doesnt have alot to work with i agree with you on that but and yeah maybe we havent done well since his first two years here but i know no one that puts as much effort as he does into his job so quit talkin crap about you alma mater and be supportive

O RLY? Well, I was pretty darned close on who I thought I was talking to, just 1 generation off. I pegged the right family at least, you have to give me credit for that!

First, you might need to talk to the Carolina athletic department and get them to put you on the active roster for Saturday's game, if indeed you are the third string "whatever". That could create some real problems with the NCAA if you play while not being on the active roster, and Lord knows Butch doesn't need any more beefs with the NCAA...

Second, even assuming that you're being 100% truthful about being 3rd-string "whatever", unless Georgia Tech murders you (won't happen), or unless you murder Georgia Tech (definitely won't happen), or unless you hire someone to pull a Tonya Harding on the two players above you, you're definitely NOT getting on the field Saturday. You're a true freshmen: that means paying your dues. You're likely doing something called "redshirting", which means that "you are not playing". Next year, perhaps, you'll actually make the active 70-man roster!

Third, it's not too hard to deduce my identity, if you've paid any attention whatsoever to these boards over the years. How many people do you know that graduated from Graham in the past decade that went to UVA, then went to the PSU-Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, PA. Not freaking hard.

Fourth, as an alumnus and one who pays money to see my alma mater play when I'm back home, I've earned the right to critique my alma mater's football team. And your father, son, is doing a TERRIBLE job. He's brought Graham to the lowest level it's been since before you were born and since I was a toddler. He runs an offense so simple that Richlands players "knew what they were running when they lined up" (quote from 2008). He employs his old players who have NO football training outside of what they had when they played football. He has a DC that has as much reasonable experience being a DC as I do.

I will support my school, and the best thing to support my school is to remove your father from his head coaching position, and to do so IMMEDIATELY.

P.S.: If you play for UNC, why is your screen name "crimsontide"? That's just funny...

I'm not going to comment on Marrs coaching ability, haven't seen enough Graham games since he took over to make an intelligent judgement.

But if he actually made the decision to give away a gate as AD to see his son play(and I honestly wouldn't care if said son was starting, much less 3rd string) then he really does need to be removed immediately.

O RLY? Well, I was pretty darned close on who I thought I was talking to, just 1 generation off. I pegged the right family at least, you have to give me credit for that!

First, you might need to talk to the Carolina athletic department and get them to put you on the active roster for Saturday's game, if indeed you are the third string "whatever". That could create some real problems with the NCAA if you play while not being on the active roster, and Lord knows Butch doesn't need any more beefs with the NCAA...

Second, even assuming that you're being 100% truthful about being 3rd-string "whatever", unless Georgia Tech murders you (won't happen), or unless you murder Georgia Tech (definitely won't happen), or unless you hire someone to pull a Tonya Harding on the two players above you, you're definitely NOT getting on the field Saturday. You're a true freshmen: that means paying your dues. You're likely doing something called "redshirting", which means that "you are not playing". Next year, perhaps, you'll actually make the active 70-man roster!

Third, it's not too hard to deduce my identity, if you've paid any attention whatsoever to these boards over the years. How many people do you know that graduated from Graham in the past decade that went to UVA, then went to the PSU-Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, PA. Not freaking hard.

Fourth, as an alumnus and one who pays money to see my alma mater play when I'm back home, I've earned the right to critique my alma mater's football team. And your father, son, is doing a TERRIBLE job. He's brought Graham to the lowest level it's been since before you were born and since I was a toddler. He runs an offense so simple that Richlands players "knew what they were running when they lined up" (quote from 2008). He employs his old players who have NO football training outside of what they had when they played football. He has a DC that has as much reasonable experience being a DC as I do.

I will support my school, and the best thing to support my school is to remove your father from his head coaching position, and to do so IMMEDIATELY.

P.S.: If you play for UNC, why is your screen name "crimsontide"? That's just funny...

alright a**hole i know i never said i was going to play get that through you thick skull dumba** skull of yours...im already redshirted what the h**l i know how the system works you yankee......and please oh please just keep talkin crap bc you are full of sh** just like the rest of the ppl on here that get on here and talk crap bout my father

you know nothing about whats going on in my football career or my fathers life so just chill with talkin your sh** about your alma mater and my father and just leave it at that

p.s. i didnt change my profile name bc i hardly ever get on here unless somebody really just talks sh** about my family so grow up act your age and quit talkin crap to a 18 year old bc this 18 yr. old knows more about whats going on than you do

alright a**hole i know i never said i was going to play get that through you thick skull dumba** skull of yours...im already redshirted what the h**l i know how the system works you yankee......and please oh please just keep talkin crap bc you are full of sh** just like the rest of the ppl on here that get on here and talk crap bout my father

you know nothing about whats going on in my football career or my fathers life so just chill with talkin your sh** about your alma mater and my father and just leave it at that

p.s. i didnt change my profile name bc i hardly ever get on here unless somebody really just talks sh** about my family so grow up act your age and quit talkin crap to a 18 year old bc this 18 yr. old knows more about whats going on than you do

You challenged me when I said you had a 0.00% chance of playing ("chill with the 0.00% crap", I think you said), so yes, in fact, you implied that you had a chance of playing in Saturday's game. You do not, obviously. Thanks for that one little concession.

I have to admit that you are correct, that I don't know what is going on in your personal life or in your father's. I don't know what goes on in the personal lives of about 99% of this board, and neither do you. However, I "observe" things: things that are in the public forum. And I can observe that your father has driven a history-rich, proud program straight into the ground. I've already said the reasons why, but I'll add one more. Perhaps the reason your father doesn't have a lot of kids to work with is because his abrasive nature ran many of them off? Chew on that cud, will you?

And BTW, good work on the insults and faux-cursing, though it does portray you as a poor representative of UNC, GHS, and your family. The last thing your father needs under his hot seat is his son mouthing off toward alumni who will shortly be in a position to make substantial donations to his alma mater...

as of right now i have not had a dog in this fight but when mr marrs starts the cursing it does not set well with me for someone whos father is big in the church on tazewell road it does not look good for you to be acting this way. maybe you should grow up just a bit. you have every right to defend your family but also know that more than one person on this board and in bluefield feel that your father is not doing ghs justice. i know that there are many kids that will not play for him. my grandkids graduated this year from ghs and have informed me on this. they do not like your father and his attitude. as for changing the date of the game i disagree with this he should have left it at sat. for ghs fans that live away from blfd that would have liked to come to the game. if he is wanting to watch you then he has many years to do this when you do start and play. as a coach the team has to come first. in my job i had to miss a lot of my sons games at ghs over the years because my job had to come first. and with your father being the coach and ad he has the obligation to the school and team if he cannot fulfill this obligation then he does need to step down and let someone that will put the team first. what is he going to do if and when you start a game move a ghs game to the other school everytime you start. this could and would be disasterous for the financial situation at ghs to give up every gate that you start a game. as for me i know your family very well and as a person your father and family are good people but as a coach i just feel myself that he is not up to the standards we fans have come to expect at ghs. i have given him the past several years to turn the program around like simmons did at bhs when he first took over. but so far this has not happened at ghs the pride in the team is not there anymore. i realize that you cannot see this because you are his son but if you would look at this objectively you would maybe see the downfall of ghs in football. now you can blast me all you want to for getting on a 18 year old but if you are going to get on here and use the language you do even with the *** in the words then you need to man up and not fall back on being 18. you get what you ask for when you respond this way. accept that many do not think your father is doing the best for ghs and needs to move on.

as of right now i have not had a dog in this fight but when mr marrs starts the cursing it does not set well with me for someone whos father is big in the church on tazewell road it does not look good for you to be acting this way. maybe you should grow up just a bit. you have every right to defend your family but also know that more than one person on this board and in bluefield feel that your father is not doing ghs justice. i know that there are many kids that will not play for him. my grandkids graduated this year from ghs and have informed me on this. they do not like your father and his attitude. as for changing the date of the game i disagree with this he should have left it at sat. for ghs fans that live away from blfd that would have liked to come to the game. if he is wanting to watch you then he has many years to do this when you do start and play. as a coach the team has to come first. in my job i had to miss a lot of my sons games at ghs over the years because my job had to come first. and with your father being the coach and ad he has the obligation to the school and team if he cannot fulfill this obligation then he does need to step down and let someone that will put the team first. what is he going to do if and when you start a game move a ghs game to the other school everytime you start. this could and would be disasterous for the financial situation at ghs to give up every gate that you start a game. as for me i know your family very well and as a person your father and family are good people but as a coach i just feel myself that he is not up to the standards we fans have come to expect at ghs. i have given him the past several years to turn the program around like simmons did at bhs when he first took over. but so far this has not happened at ghs the pride in the team is not there anymore. i realize that you cannot see this because you are his son but if you would look at this objectively you would maybe see the downfall of ghs in football. now you can blast me all you want to for getting on a 18 year old but if you are going to get on here and use the language you do even with the *** in the words then you need to man up and not fall back on being 18. you get what you ask for when you respond this way. accept that many do not think your father is doing the best for ghs and needs to move on.

Amen!

Amen!

ty, normally i try to keep my opinion about ghs to myself but felt compelled to respond when mr. marrs made his comments then fell back on being 18. at 18 you are a adult in many ways and need to try and act like one. i know for a fact that there are many people that do not like me or my family in blfd. but i have accepted that and let them feel how they do. i will not ever change their opinion of me. but i have been around ghs football since around 1968 and have seen many good years and many lean years. coach carlock was a good friend to my family and pig pruett was also and i respect them for what they did for ghs over the years. as for doug i respect him as a person but as a coach up until now i was patient but ghs is going down hill and i myself feel it is now time for him as a man to say i need to do what is best for my school and team and step down and let the school find someone to take the team in the right direction.

Hey UVAObserver you talk more S**t about you alma mater than anyone i know of....so what if Coach Marrs changes a game from saturday to friday to see his son...who will in fact be dressing for that game......he dresses for all the home games so chill with that 0.00% bull crap...it shouldnt matter when or where you play a team should be able to play good at any moment of any day and you know that so quit complaining and go watch your team that week at princeton

So what you are doing here is actually admitting it's true. Thanks for the bullet Alex. You really are stupid.

ghs 73 i apologize for my language and the way i represented my family and unc and ghs but im just tired of all the useless crap that people say about my family....im tired of it yes ghs have had unsuccessful records the past years but that hasnt stopped dad from doin what he loves best and that is to coach football...and yes i agree dad should have kept the game to saturday i had no clue that he did that for me until i read this stuff

everybody just needs to stop talkin crap about my father he is trying his best....im sorry but you cant sit there and tell me that dads attitude is bad bc i believe that he had the same determined attitude just like coach carlock.....he use to yell and cuss just like my father and they only did it to see how far they could push us....they want to get rid of the weak minded

but im done postin stuff because i get so worked up with everyone on here who could care less bout my father just have faith they are a young, inexperienced team just give it time

p.s. cpf thanks for callin me out i appreciate that

ghs 73 i apologize for my language and the way i represented my family and unc and ghs but im just tired of all the useless crap that people say about my family....im tired of it yes ghs have had unsuccessful records the past years but that hasnt stopped dad from doin what he loves best and that is to coach football...and yes i agree dad should have kept the game to saturday i had no clue that he did that for me until i read this stuff

everybody just needs to stop talkin crap about my father he is trying his best....im sorry but you cant sit there and tell me that dads attitude is bad bc i believe that he had the same determined attitude just like coach carlock.....he use to yell and cuss just like my father and they only did it to see how far they could push us....they want to get rid of the weak minded

but im done postin stuff because i get so worked up with everyone on here who could care less bout my father just have faith they are a young, inexperienced team just give it time

dont think anyone thinks your dad has a bad attitude but that he has his priorites mixed up yes he needs to think about you but his first loyalty is to the team he agreed to be head coach of. and as i said if he cannot put the team first then he needs to rethink his coaching of the team. there are many parents both father and mothers that have had to miss their kids games from little league to highschool because of their job. your dad has a job that demands his utmost attention head coach. i know he would love to be there watching you play but like me i missed my sons games and i did not have the power to move them. your dad does but is that right no. you will need to develop a tough skin because in this world there will always be people to talk about you or your family good or bad. you cannot fight their fights for them you have to fight yours. you are an adult and need to move on. let your dad take care of himself. and if it is that the entire blfd area is against him then maybe he needs to reevaulate how and who he has helping him coach and look for those that can better assist him in this endevor to better ghs.

Some people are good assistants, and some are good head coaches. Some can motivate, some cannot. Some can take good athletes and get them out on the football field, some cannot. He may love Graham I am sure he does, but the fact of the matter is that he is not doing a very good job. Our progam is in shambles, once winning state titles in AA with a single A enrollment. Now having to move to the worst single A football district in the state so we can win a few games. It is a total embarassment to lose like we have recently with more 40 point losses in 4 years than his predecessor had in 30. And there is no accountability at all from the Head Coach/AD and principal. He had embarassed the school and himself with the ESPN debacle. Really it is just one big comedy show now. I had a guy at work the other day just shake his head at me and say "It must suck to be you guys right now." This is what outsiders see. This is what your father has made it. I am not trying to bash him really I don't care anymore. If he loves Graham and respects the man who took him under his wing and who he help build Graham into what it was then he would resign. It's that simple.

Some people are good assistants, and some are good head coaches. Some can motivate, some cannot. Some can take good athletes and get them out on the football field, some cannot. He may love Graham I am sure he does, but the fact of the matter is that he is not doing a very good job. Our progam is in shambles, once winning state titles in AA with a single A enrollment. Now having to move to the worst single A football district in the state so we can win a few games. It is a total embarassment to lose like we have recently with more 40 point losses in 4 years than his predecessor had in 30. And there is no accountability at all from the Head Coach/AD and principal. He had embarassed the school and himself with the ESPN debacle. Really it is just one big comedy show now. I had a guy at work the other day just shake his head at me and say "It must suck to be you guys right now." This is what outsiders see. This is what your father has made it. I am not trying to bash him really I don't care anymore. If he loves Graham and respects the man who took him under his wing and who he help build Graham into what it was then he would resign. It's that simple.

bravo well said cpf.

i agree i hate that we are moving down...and to be honest my dad hates it to....coach o'neal is making us move down

i agree i hate that we are moving down...and to be honest my dad hates it to....coach o'neal is making us move down

maybe ghs needs a new principal also if he is not looking out for the best interest of ghs he needs to step down also.make room for someone that really cares for ghs all the way round sports and all.

I echo these sentiments. There's no doubt in my mind that D. Marrs loves Graham, absolutely none. But if he does, I would assume that he would feel the inner calling to step down and hand the HC position to the person best suited for the job.

I think there's wisdom when you say there are good HCs and good coordinators. D. Marrs was a great DC under Carlock, but it just does not appear that he's capable of being a head coach. Graham's football reputation is rock bottom right now, perhaps lower than it has ever been. That's not just 1 person talking: that's the whole of SWVA. And with the political system in Bluefield as it is, this system will last until acted upon by some outside force.

It's not that we have some personal vendetta against D. Marrs. It's that we're getting sick and fed up of watching our G-Men get pummeled into oblivion week after week after week. It is time for a change at the top, and perhaps a change in the entire staff. It's nothing personal: it's just business. We all want to see Graham succeed again, and nothing would make me happier. But the status quo just isn't doing it.

Add me to that mix. It's beyond our control, though: many reasons pertaining to population loss and lack of industry that I've covered in exhaustive detail in other places in this forum.

But O'Neal's hands are almost tied in this one. There comes a time when it just becomes unfair to the students to make them compete against much larger numbers, and I think now is it.