Edwards to QB, Beckett to receiver?

Bluefield_Rules

Now that it has been made public by Coach Simon in this morning's paper, what are the thoughts from the Bluefield fans? Yes, Edwards is a freshman and will have growing pains. However, I've been impressed with his poise, arm strength, decision-making, and moxy since I saw him in the P.C. scrimmage. He must be doing something right for the coaching staff to give thought to the idea of replacing a state title winner and two-year starting senior QB with a freshman. If it's going to happen now is the time to do it with the schedule lightening up somewhat for a couple of weeks and well before the playoffs.

Wow, that is kind of shocking, but not like they can't change back if it doesn't work out. Just gives them more offensive weapons all the way around if it does.

Edited by Pirate1

Rules I don't understand how with Gate City coming to town next week the schedule is "lightening up somewhat for a couple of weeks". Are you insane? The Blue Devils will be a huge test for the Beavers to say the least. They are 100% healthy now and a much better team than lost to Richlands.

Rules I don't understand how with Gate City coming to town next week the schedule is "lightening up somewhat for a couple of weeks". Are you insane? The Blue Devils will be a huge test for the Beavers to say the least. They are 100% healthy now and a much better team than lost to Richlands.

Compared to CCD, everyone on Bluefield's schedule is "light"...

As for Edwards to QB...guess Freddie got tired of Beckett not being able to get the ball to the WR on those screen passes. And honestly, if the Edwards kid can throw the ball, why not give him a shot? You'll still have one of the best players on the field, Beckett, but now, you can also use him as a downfield weapon receiving or you can use him on end-arounds that Blu loves to run. I think its a great move and as Pirate1 said, if it doesn't work, you can always go back to what you had...

Bluefield will likely put 50+ on OH tonight...

Guest StoneyCalhoun
I was thinking Mount View was the game after Oak Hill, not Gate City. Regardless, making this move now would allow time for the players to get settled and ready for the playoffs.

Edwards can throw the ball. Period. Wow.

I think we have a fight for the qb job... Although there are ways we could use them both with a direct snap...