Great video from the UVA game today...

GMan

vs. Florida St....

'Hoos football...back to normal...

Two things.

1. The team didn't quit in the 2nd half like it would've under Groh. Yes, the outcome of the game was certain for the last 40 minutes. But they didn't lay down and die like I've been accustomed to seeing for 4 of the last 5 years. Metheny, who replaced Verica in the 4th quarter and who IMO should've been the starter all along, showed a lot of poise against an intense pass rush. We matched up poorly against FSU, and it showed. Next week will be better: I'm predicting a win over GT right now. Even in Atlanta.

2. A little cocky after the win yesterday, are you? The final score in that game was not indicative of just how piss poor you played through 3 quarters. You give Miami or FSU a 17-point lead like that, you can kiss the game goodbye. Nice comeback, and nice way to run up the score when the outcome of the game was no longer in question.

How do you call it running up the score? State had all three time outs left and there was a minute left. Tech did what you are supposed and that is put the game away. Come on man.

I thought NCST only had 2 timeouts left? If they had all 3, I'm mistaken, and retract that little blurb. But regardless, that game was FAR closer than the 11 point final differential. As the UVA/FSU game was not anywhere near as close as the 20 point final difference.

I thought NCST only had 2 timeouts left? If they had all 3, I'm mistaken, and retract that little blurb. But regardless, that game was FAR closer than the 11 point final differential. As the UVA/FSU game was not anywhere near as close as the 20 point final difference.

They had all three...putting points on the board was the only option...

And what's the deal with UVA only having 47,000 at the game yesterday??? I thought there was a "revival" of the football program taking place??? And against Florida St....14,000 empty seats???? C'mon, man....

And who was the "marketing genius" who decided to have a "white out" when the visiting team wore ALL WHITE??? Maybe they should have consulted with the Communications Department to figure out how to get their own team involved with the "white out"...

BRILLIANT!!!!

And who was the "marketing genius" who decided to have a "white out" when the visiting team wore ALL WHITE??? Maybe they should have consulted with the Communications Department to figure out how to get their own team involved with the "white out"...

BRILLIANT!!!!

Quit stealing my thunder! :D

And running up the score? This is major D-1 college football between two teams from the same conference with one being undefeated and ranked. State had three timeouts left, it isn't like Tech did anything creative by running the football. What should Tech have done, taken knees and then given State the ball back with an opportunity to win?

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

What should Tech have done, taken knees and then given State the ball back with an opportunity to win?

That's what UVA would have done...the French surrender, so to speak...

That's what UVA would have done...the French surrender, so to speak...

Why the anger against UVA? You know we're not that great, and it's not a surprise to anyone who follows this team regularly.

Is it the "0 national title in anything" thing (BTW, a nice ceremony for our NCAA soccer champions at the stadium Saturday)?

Is it the fact that Peter Warrick was born?

Is it that UVA has been ranked #1 for more weeks (3) than VT (0) in its existence?

Is it that we don't have a Supreme Court Chief Justice talking badly about our football program and administration?

What is it? Seriously. Fans like this are the reasons that VT fans have the reputation they do with the rest of the NCAA...

I've got a pretty thick skin, but this crap gets old...

Edited by UVAObserver

A small case of being able to dish it out but not take it? Come on man.

I dish it out, and I take it doubly. It gets freaking old.

Example: When VT lost to JMU this season, I could have come on this board and rubbed the Hokie fans' noses in it. I could have made all sorts of fun of them, trolled them, egged them on for a solid week. And based on my past treatment here, I was more than justified. What did I do? I posted a link with the game score, and asked for general discussion about what the Hokies would do from that point. No taunting, no smack talk, none of that crap.

Example: When UVA loses to FSU, I get my nose dragged through the manure because we lost to a team that Vegas had us pegged to lose to. A team that's the 2nd-best team in the ACC right now, like it or not. I have to come on here and defend my team because they played 1 half of gawd-awful football. Do you see what's wrong with this picture? It's why VT fans have the reputation they do.

I dish it out, and I take it doubly. It gets freaking old.

Example: When VT lost to JMU this season, I could have come on this board and rubbed the Hokie fans' noses in it. I could have made all sorts of fun of them, trolled them, egged them on for a solid week. And based on my past treatment here, I was more than justified. What did I do? I posted a link with the game score, and asked for general discussion about what the Hokies would do from that point. No taunting, no smack talk, none of that crap.

Example: When UVA loses to FSU, I get my nose dragged through the manure because we lost to a team that Vegas had us pegged to lose to. A team that's the 2nd-best team in the ACC right now, like it or not. I have to come on here and defend my team because they played 1 half of gawd-awful football. Do you see what's wrong with this picture? It's why VT fans have the reputation they do.

What reputation is that?

Its what rivarlies are for. It kills me how UVA has little-to-zilch interest in the rivalry. I hope it gets better as your program hopefully improves. You could've drug our nose through losing to JMU, we deserved it. Its what makes the rivalry fun.

I love the way UVA fans cling to the four arguments you posted earlier about why we hate UVA. We just hate you because you're UVA - its the way it's supposed to be. :) It's okay, hate us back, we like it.

What reputation is that?

Its what rivarlies are for. It kills me how UVA has little-to-zilch interest in the rivalry. I hope it gets better as your program hopefully improves. You could've drug our nose through losing to JMU, we deserved it. Its what makes the rivalry fun.

I love the way UVA fans cling to the four arguments you posted earlier about why we hate UVA. We just hate you because you're UVA - its the way it's supposed to be. :) It's okay, hate us back, we like it.

:).

I have an interest in the rivalry, just not as much with football because there's little to no chance of us winning for 2-3 more years. Other sports, you better believe it. I relish each UVA victory over VT in soccer, baseball, etc. And there are plenty: we didn't place 3rd in the Director's Cup last year for nothing!

I just try to keep it respectful here. I know how badly it feels to lose those sorts of games.