Playoffs.......

Nadoball

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its locked. Now all thats left is to see who gets the other Bye...Grundy or Cave.

Awesome....assuming Richlands makes it to the Regional Final...I will be there....and beyond "knock on wood"...

This is a special team at Richlands, I want to see how they stack up against the best teams in D-3 in the state.....(I'd say they stack up pretty darn good, IMO)...can't wait to see them play again.

Mance has really done a great job with that team, at least we still have one quality representative from this end of the state that we can be proud of .

If we lose to Grundy we will have 259-265 points, depending on other outcomes. And if Cave wins they will have 250-257. So the best they could have is 257 and the worst we could have is 259. Its a lock.

If we lose to Grundy we will have 259-265 points, depending on other outcomes. And if Cave wins they will have 250-257. So the best they could have is 257 and the worst we could have is 259. Its a lock.

now the question is, would Richlands rather have Grundy or CS at the #2 seed?

#2 gets the bye week to heal up...making CS play an extra game might have its benefits.

Before you Naders get your undies in a bunch...I'm not saying Richlands would rest everyone and take a couple of weeks off and let Grundy get the #2 seed, I'm sure they want the SWD outright and to stay perfect on the year...but, just saying - worst case if Grundy found a way to win, it would probably still benefit Richlands in the big picture.

I could careless when we play Cave Spring personally. Richlands will be fired up for that wanting payback. I think Mance will not let the W slip away against Grundy. I look for Mance to build a lead and get subs in quick and often to minimize any major injury. After thinking of this, I posted in the other that Grundy won't be within 50, it might be closer just b/c of the above mentioned.

I could careless when we play Cave Spring personally. Richlands will be fired up for that wanting payback. I think Mance will not let the W slip away against Grundy. I look for Mance to build a lead and get subs in quick and often to minimize any major injury. After thinking of this, I posted in the other that Grundy won't be within 50, it might be closer just b/c of the above mentioned.

Richlands has a lot of depth, but once you get out of Regions you have to have that sort of thing...injuries/sickness (flu, mono, staph, etc) can trainwreck a team at any time...not likely, but it's one of those variables that makes the games different from what you see on paper. Grundy was down about 5 kids that start against Tazewell...seems like we are losing 2 or 3 a week...I just hope to keep everyone healthy at this point...I don't want the #2 seed bye week though, because we always play like crap after a bye week...never fails.

I dont think Richlands will rest anyone the starters have already rested half the season and with a bye week coming up you will see them at full force come Fri. night.

I agree. Mance played the first team for 3 1/2 quarters vs Carroll County. I’m not taking anything for granted either. Grundy has a good football team, and this is high school football where anything can happen. Talking about winning by 50 points is counterproductive before the game is played. All that does is fire up the opposing team. Lance said it best in another post: Paraphrasing here...Grundy will come out and hit you in the mouth for 4 quarters, and they won’t quit. Richlands needs to be ready for a battle.

As far as when and if Mance will rest his starters IMHO all depends on the how the game is going at the time. He'll have a plan going in, but the flow of the game will probably change all that like it always does.

I don't think Mance cares about where Cave ends up in the final standings as long as they are below us.

I also believe he will try to play his starters as much as he feels comfortable with and "if" the game is well in hand then he pulls them to keep them healthy.

One way to look at the starters not playing all 4 qtrs this year is they should be very rested and have fresh legs for the playoff run. I know everybody worries about the fact that they haven't played a whole game, but Mance always has his team in great condition and this is a very experienced team with 20 Sr's so they know how to respond in a close game or if they get behind.

Of course it's just my opinion and probably all wrong...LOL !

as far as comparing CC to Grundy going in to this...all do respect to CC, Grundy played it's worse game in years against them...we didn't even try to pass the ball....not sure what that was all about, but the clock rolled the whole game and Grundy just didn't do much of anything but turn the ball over...was not the team I've seen all year...if they play like that we will be down 50 by halftime, if they play hard and play 4 qtrs like they can then it's a lot better game.

Mance and Terry Smith are friends, so I'm sure Smith has already called him crying about the Grundy game ...lol. If Richlands has the ball at the end I wouldn't be at all shocked to see a FG no matter what the score is...lol...and that's OK, I will get a laugh out of it if it happens.

I agree. Mance played the first team for 3 1/2 quarters vs Carroll County. I’m not taking anything for granted either. Grundy has a good football team, and this is high school football where anything can happen. Talking about winning by 50 points is counterproductive before the game is played. All that does is fire up the opposing team. Lance said it best in another post: Paraphrasing here...Grundy will come out and hit you in the mouth for 4 quarters, and they won’t quit. Richlands needs to be ready for a battle.

Starters played 3 quarters. JV came in during the final seconds of the 3rd.

as far as comparing CC to Grundy going in to this...all do respect to CC, Grundy played it's worse game in years against them...we didn't even try to pass the ball....not sure what that was all about, but the clock rolled the whole game and Grundy just didn't do much of anything but turn the ball over...was not the team I've seen all year...if they play like that we will be down 50 by halftime, if they play hard and play 4 qtrs like they can then it's a lot better game.

Mance and Terry Smith are friends, so I'm sure Smith has already called him crying about the Grundy game ...lol. If Richlands has the ball at the end I wouldn't be at all shocked to see a FG no matter what the score is...lol...and that's OK, I will get a laugh out of it if it happens.

it could be that they finally played a decent team.

it could be that they finally played a decent team.

we have not been snapping the ball over the quarterbacks head in to the end zone, jumping offsides on both O and D, and fumbeling on open runs all year...sorry...CC took what we gave them for sure...which is exactly what a good team does...not saying they were not a good team or knocking them at all.

CC was the best team we have played, but we didn't do one thing that would put us in a position to win that game. We play like that against Richlands it will be ugly fast....that's all i'm saying.

I hope both teams play well. I know RHS needs to play a full game. I have thought for weeks that Grundy was and is one of the best teams RHS will play. I think Grundy has been searching for their idenity since loosing one of there best players. I hope they have an idea of what that is going into this week.(and the playoffs) I know that Grundy has been looking fwd to this game as we have. It's not often we get to play each other with such good records. I hope both teams come out of Fridays game without injury and a feeling that they have improved in some aspect of there game. I want both teams to do well in the playoffs. And if and when one team falls I want the other to carry the banner for not only the SWD but for SWVA sports!!

Not Coach Mance's style---he respects the Golden Wave players to much for that. I think he would want this to be an amicable parting of two SWD foes.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Guest cj_vt

Richlands will beat Grundy as bad as they want to. It could be 100-0 if they wanted it to be. Hopefully the Blues will get prepared for the palyoffs by playing their starters the entire game. Good luck Grundy.

The thing is lance that if Richlands has the ball at the end of the game with a huge lead and secs left there not gonna kick a field goal they are going to take a knee no matter where they are on the feild.

The thing is lance that if Richlands has the ball at the end of the game with a huge lead and secs left there not gonna kick a field goal they are going to take a knee no matter where they are on the feild.

I was being sarcastic...but, ok.

they should just play them all at VA Tech in one day...would be awesome to see all the games at one shot.

thats a great idea lance. That would be something def to look forward too if they would! Even if ur hometown team didn't make it...they would be some variety of teams you might pull for.