Casey Anthony Trial

anyone watching this? I have checked it out here and there...personally I think she should be dragged through the streets by her hair until she dies for what she did to that kid, and I don't doubt one bit she did it...evidence seems to show that.

I don't know if she will get away with it or not, i hope not.

I will say, her lawyer is very good...he has taken something that is a mountain of evidence and picked away at it here and there enough to at least somewhat explain other theories of what might have happened...i dont think that adds up to a reasonable doubt, but we shall see.

anyone else?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable

I agree with your initial statement. I think she is as guilty as homemade sin, and she killed her little girl.

I think she is going to get away with it. Shes not going to be guilty of Murder 1...the prosecution seems to have bungled this case. Shes either going to cop to a laughable plea deal or she gets off entirely.

I hope I am wrong, but we will see. I hope the good folks in FL are smart and rational.

I agree with your initial statement. I think she is as guilty as homemade sin, and she killed her little girl.

I think she is going to get away with it. Shes not going to be guilty of Murder 1...the prosecution seems to have bungled this case. Shes either going to cop to a laughable plea deal or she gets off entirely.

I hope I am wrong, but we will see. I hope the good folks in FL are smart and rational.

i dont know...i think at the end of the day, the final question is going to be "did she kill her daughter"...and i think there is enough there to say she did. Regardless of the rest of the mess, I think she will hang for it.

Side Note: OJ seems ready to admit to his killings...reports last week that he has to Oprah seem to be false, but they say he has agreed to admit it and told her producers in an advanced interview he did it and how it happened. Which, I think what he said is still a lie as to how it happened....he is claiming self defense...kinda lame.

Guest The Variable
i dont know...i think at the end of the day, the final question is going to be "did she kill her daughter"...and i think there is enough there to say she did. Regardless of the rest of the mess, I think she will hang for it.

Side Note: OJ seems ready to admit to his killings...reports last week that he has to Oprah seem to be false, but they say he has agreed to admit it and told her producers in an advanced interview he did it and how it happened. Which, I think what he said is still a lie as to how it happened....he is claiming self defense...kinda lame.

OJ is an idiot...and so is this woman only she seems more sociopathic. The whole trial is a circus.

I mean it's pretty obvious that she is guilty. Her not reporting her daughter missing after a month = OJ's high speed chase. Both incidents scream out GULITY. However, like mentioned above her lawyer is very good and her parents seem to be trying to do all they can to create reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors.

Just saw a news report that said her defense plans to rest on Thursday (tomorrow). I don't know much about court, but does this mean it's about over? Also, when did Florida get rid of the death penalty?

Just saw a news report that said her defense plans to rest on Thursday (tomorrow). I don't know much about court, but does this mean it's about over? Also, when did Florida get rid of the death penalty?

The defense planning to rest doesn't exactly mean that it's "about over" because each side gets to refute what the other says. The prosecution will certainly provide a rebuttal to the defense's case that will likely rest tomorrow. After the prosecution, the defense may provide a rebuttal to the prosecution's rebuttal. So on and so forth until each side is satisfied. Once each side has provided it's evidence in a satisfactory manner and rebuttals then each side moves into their closing arguments.

But yes, each day that passes brings the case a little closer to being closed. The judge told the jurors to expect this trial to last 6-8 weeks and he's hit the nail on the head. Next week will mark 7 weeks since the beginning.

Yeah, the Florida Supreme Court literally ruled executions unconstitutional as the defense was presenting its case. She's got a golden horseshoe stuck in her for such fortuitous timing.

Wow, if I remember correctly wasn`t Florida one of the top 3 or so in most executions?

Guest The Variable
Wow, if I remember correctly wasn`t Florida one of the top 3 or so in most executions?

Texas is always number one, VA used to be second but I dont know if that is the case anymore. That is disappointing that they did that.

Texas is always number one, VA used to be second but I dont know if that is the case anymore. That is disappointing that they did that.

I'm pretty sure VA is still second (we're no where close to Texas, but the state in third, which I think was Florida, wasn't that close to VA).

anyone watching this? I have checked it out here and there...personally I think she should be dragged through the streets by her hair until she dies for what she did to that kid, and I don't doubt one bit she did it...evidence seems to show that.

I don't know if she will get away with it or not, i hope not.

I will say, her lawyer is very good...he has taken something that is a mountain of evidence and picked away at it here and there enough to at least somewhat explain other theories of what might have happened...i dont think that adds up to a reasonable doubt, but we shall see.

anyone else?

from what i have seen her lawyer is a joke, making statements of drowning and her father helping. and so far no evidence of this only conjecture. will she get the death penallty i dont think she will but the state is killing her lawyer. he has not shown anything that even comes close to proving his opening statements. the only way is if she takes the stand today. and even then she has been proven to be a chronic lier. my thing is even if you give the defense everything they said where was the baby for 31 day while she was out haveing fun and getting tattoed.

Since Florida just ruled execution unconstitutional, she'll get life in prison, if found guilty.

i thought it was the way the jury was to find on the evidence for death was found unconstiutional that something like the judge made the determination on facts not the jury and the court said the jury had to find this or something like that. so that they will have to change how the extuinating ( excuse the spelling.) factors are determined by who judge or jury. not sure but thought that was what they were saying during the trial.

The defense planning to rest doesn't exactly mean that it's "about over" because each side gets to refute what the other says. The prosecution will certainly provide a rebuttal to the defense's case that will likely rest tomorrow. After the prosecution, the defense may provide a rebuttal to the prosecution's rebuttal. So on and so forth until each side is satisfied. Once each side has provided it's evidence in a satisfactory manner and rebuttals then each side moves into their closing arguments.

But yes, each day that passes brings the case a little closer to being closed. The judge told the jurors to expect this trial to last 6-8 weeks and he's hit the nail on the head. Next week will mark 7 weeks since the beginning.

said today that it should go to the jury by the weekend if casey does not take the stand today. then state gives its rebutal to the defense case. court is about to resume now. with casey smiling to her defense team.

I'm pretty sure VA is still second (we're no where close to Texas, but the state in third, which I think was Florida, wasn't that close to VA).

since 1976 va has had 98 which is second to texas around 300 fl. around 34

Virginia is still second by a fairly large margin.

i thought it was the way the jury was to find on the evidence for death was found unconstiutional that something like the judge made the determination on facts not the jury and the court said the jury had to find this or something like that. so that they will have to change how the extuinating ( excuse the spelling.) factors are determined by who judge or jury. not sure but thought that was what they were saying during the trial.

Extenuating circumstances are meaningless now. A Florida trial court ruled in 2007 that lethal injection was unconstitutional for its failure to ensure unconsciousness during death. It took 4 years to snake its way to the Florida Supreme Court, but they upheld the ruling last week.

Not surprising. She can only hurt herself, really.

Typically, unless you're a good speaker, putting the defendant on the stand is a HORRIBLE idea...

yeah you have nothing good to gain from putting a person on the stand, who by all accounts I've seen, can't tell the truth about anything...they say she is a compulsive liar...Prosecutors would rip her apart on the stand if that is true.

as for her lawyer...i think he has done a good job, just look what he was up against? She is guilty as sin...he has done good with what he had to work with all things considered.

Guest The Variable
Virginia is still second by a fairly large margin.

Extenuating circumstances are meaningless now. A Florida trial court ruled in 2007 that lethal injection was unconstitutional for its failure to ensure unconsciousness during death. It took 4 years to snake its way to the Florida Supreme Court, but they upheld the ruling last week.

What I read, it was only a ruling about procedure in how the death penalty is decided...not on whether or not it can be a punishment, and that it only currently affected one person.

What I read, it was only a ruling about procedure in how the death penalty is decided...not on whether or not it can be a punishment, and that it only currently affected one person.

thats what i thought? I had not heard anything about them doing away with it all together.

yeah you have nothing good to gain from putting a person on the stand, who by all accounts I've seen, can't tell the truth about anything...they say she is a compulsive liar...Prosecutors would rip her apart on the stand if that is true.

as for her lawyer...i think he has done a good job, just look what he was up against? She is guilty as sin...he has done good with what he had to work with all things considered.

Yep, defense lawyers get a bad rap but they're doing what they get paid to do. It's sometimes fascinating to see the directions they take things in order to shift focus. Illusionists. Reminds me of a couple of great defense attorney movies...the new one, The Lincoln Lawyer, with Matthew Mcgoaihgosngay and Primal Fear with Richard Gere and Ed Norton.