Martinsburg WV looking for a game in 2011.....

edrforshey

The Bulldogs thought they had 10 games scheduled for 2011 until Collidge DC informed them that Collidge had double booked the weekend of Sept. 23/24 with a team called Calvert Hall.

Coolidge coach, elected to play Calvert Hall, instead of Martinsburg.

Martinsburg needs to fill either, Sept. 23/24 or Nov. 4/5

Its always a drama when WV schools schedule DC schools.

Anyone that might need a game please call Greg Reed at Martinsburg High.

Guest Highlanders

I was checking the VHSL schedules for 2011 and basically every school in VA are playing teams on those dates for the exception of Matoca & Meadowview (Richmond) who are both Division 6 AAA in Virginia.

Grundy has an open slot on the fourth of November. Maybe Grundy should talk to Martinsburg about maybe playing the game sort of halfway such as Mitchell Stadium or Charleston on either the fourth or fifth of November.

Guest Highlanders

Maybe Grundy Vs Martinsburg at Salem Stadium in Salem, VA. For both schools that would be a good three hour drive.

Grundy has a full schedule now anyway...but they wouldn't play Martinsburg...be no point in it at all...would be better off with only 9 games if that was the last option.

Rapp. Co. only had 13 kids come out last week, so they ccd. their season.

----

Ed, I've not seen anything official, but I'd start with William Monroe - 9/23 opened up for them.

Edited by VHSLhelper

Rapp. Co. only had 13 kids come out last week, so they ccd. their season.

That sucks. How does that happen at a school that doesent have a low enrollment? I found an article on the situation that stated they have an enrollment of around 300, thats small but not tiny. But I guess RC is competing against much larger schools.

Edited by redtiger

ok... did some checking... kooks like Manassas Park & Geoge Mason are the only ones that still need a game.

Manassas Park - 9/16 & 10/7

Geoge Mason - 8/26 & 10/14 (horrible last year)

Dont think anyone else in VA needs a game.

But I'll tell you the same think I told Harlan... only option might be for someone to break a contract, like the 8/26 Berkeley-Clarke Co. game

Clarke could pick up E. Hardy on 8/26, and Berk-Mart play on 11/4.

There's still, what, 3 other WV teams short a game? MIGHT be worth trying.

heard all the studs up there go to a private schools

maybe because Rapp. is like Burton this year... all rheir district rivals are 2-3x bigger than them.

Their coach spoke about that a little in the article I read. Apparently its not just athletes but a large % or the potiental student population

ok... did some checking... kooks like Manassas Park & Geoge Mason are the only ones that still need a game.

Manassas Park - 9/16 & 10/7

Geoge Mason - 8/26 & 10/14 (horrible last year)

Mason picked up a small school from Pennsylvania, so looks like Manassas Park is the only without 10 games up that way.