Tennessee or Virginia Tech?

gcdevils47

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coles's dropped ball was WAY underthrown, Davis's was overthrown. Coale just dropped his, yes, but his WRs bailed him out on 2-3 others. But yes, with those 3 passes, he'd have been 11-20. Heisman numbers, right there.

I think November's going to be awfully interesting. We've got the secondary to play man on your WRs and stack the box against Thomas, which should be the rubric for beating you this season. Hopefully Jim Reid's smart enough to see it. I have my doubts about Reid, though. If he can't stop Indiana's podunk offense...

David Wilson's the key to the offense, obviously. I just hope you don't run the poor kid into the ground...

Hokies by 30 over UVA ...if Wilson stays healthy....

Hokies by 17 if Wilson isn't healthy. We've got some good backups. As GMan said, give LT, who was a QB in high school (I plainly recall him lighting Richlands up as one), 9 more games under his belt, and he walks into Charlottesville confident.

We won't really know Tennessee is good but has a lot of ranked teams to play. VT doesn't play a ranked team.

This explains it all. You can't compare the two teams when they play schedules that are worlds apart.

I'll bet everything I own on that line. You just name the place, and I'll sign the contract today...

Hokies by 17 if Wilson isn't healthy. We've got some good backups. As GMan said, give LT, who was a QB in high school (I plainly recall him lighting Richlands up as one), 9 more games under his belt, and he walks into Charlottesville confident.

I'd even bet on this line. You guys are awfully confident in a QB who threw for 46% during his freshman year and has yet to throw 50% in a game or even complete 10 passes in a single game. BTW, any Division I-A school >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Richlands. Hard to believe, I know, but it's a bit easier to light up 16-year-old kids than it is 21-year-old men.

I called it before the season started: Thomas wasn't all that and a bag of chips, and he'd show it clearly. After 2 weeks, I'm pretty well validated. Maybe he'll crack 50% against whatever creampuff VT plays this week. Then again, maybe he won't...

We won't really know Tennessee is good but has a lot of ranked teams to play. VT doesn't play a ranked team.

One fact that Hokies like to avoid. Could very easily come back to bite them when Boise and [insert SEC team here] runs the table.

Agreed

Why hate when the numbers make the argument for you? 9-19, 8-20. 46% career. Wilson's ACLs are going to have to be made of titanium to take the punishment VT's gonna give 'em...

I'll bet everything I own on that line. You just name the place, and I'll sign the contract today...

I'd even bet on this line. You guys are awfully confident in a QB who threw for 46% during his freshman year and has yet to throw 50% in a game or even complete 10 passes in a single game. BTW, any Division I-A school >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Richlands. Hard to believe, I know, but it's a bit easier to light up 16-year-old kids than it is 21-year-old men.

I called it before the season started: Thomas wasn't all that and a bag of chips, and he'd show it clearly. After 2 weeks, I'm pretty well validated. Maybe he'll crack 50% against whatever creampuff VT plays this week. Then again, maybe he won't...

One fact that Hokies like to avoid. Could very easily come back to bite them when Boise and [insert SEC team here] runs the table.

Why hate when the numbers make the argument for you? 9-19, 8-20. 46% career. Wilson's ACLs are going to have to be made of titanium to take the punishment VT's gonna give 'em...

We will see how good UVA is this week when they travel to North Carolina ...lost to the Tarheels 44-10 last year... I have more confidence in Bud Fosters defense than UVA'S offense....Logan Thomas will be fine ...after all he's a Hokie!:)

True, but he's also a significantly better passer that Logan Thomas. And about as fast...

Whoaaaaaaaa. No sir.

Sean Glennon had a more accurate arm but was about as smart a passer as a bag of dead rocks.

Logan Thomas is 12 times the athlete Glennon was. Stronger, faster, more agile. Glennon couldn't outrun a tree. Time will tell how LT matures as an intelligent quarterback and that's something we're hoping our creampuff schedule will slowly break him into being before the ACC slate, but saying he's on par with Glennon sounds more like wishful thinking.

I'm as big a Tenn fan is there is. But....I also realize that this team is loaded with Freshmen and Sophomores. They are going in to one of, if not THE hardest places to play in the country. I'm not going to lie, a win will be a very pleasant suprise. I think we're headed in the right direction, but, still very young. We should be no worse that 3-1 after the first 4 games. Then. I dare say no one in the country plays a stretch of four games like :

10/8 - Georgia

10/15 - LSU

10/22 - @ Alabama

10/29 - South Carolina

I said we would finish 8-4, and I'm sticking with that. Im very encouraged, but realistic.

I'm as big a Tenn fan is there is. But....I also realize that this team is loaded with Freshmen and Sophomores. They are going in to one of, if not THE hardest places to play in the country. I'm not going to lie, a win will be a very pleasant suprise. I think we're headed in the right direction, but, still very young. We should be no worse that 3-1 after the first 4 games. Then. I dare say no one in the country plays a stretch of four games like :

10/8 - Georgia

10/15 - LSU

10/22 - @ Alabama

10/29 - South Carolina

I said we would finish 8-4, and I'm sticking with that. Im very encouraged, but realistic.

Tulsa does. THREE top-10 teams in the nonconference.

But your point's well-taken. I think you all can beat Georgia if you get a break or two. The other 3, not so much. Any of those 4 teams, though, would be ACC runners-up at the very least this season.

Tulsa does. THREE top-10 teams in the nonconference.

But your point's well-taken. I think you all can beat Georgia if you get a break or two. The other 3, not so much. Any of those 4 teams, though, would be ACC runners-up at the very least this season.

Don't forget, Florida State will be at the top of the ACC this year too.

;)

Don't forget, Florida State will be at the top of the ACC this year too.

;)

Why do you think I said ACC runners-up? ;)

I kid. You guys are good. Love David Wilson, not only as an athlete but as a good human being. He's the kind of kid that it kills me that UVA didn't get. And I really don't mean to keep heaping dirt on Logan Thomas, but I do want the kid to show some modicum of consistency before people start anointing him as something he's not. That's all.

10/8 - Georgia

10/15 - LSU

10/22 - @ Alabama

10/29 - South Carolina

That trip to Arkansas isn't going to be too fun either 2 weeks after that.

Why do you think I said ACC runners-up? ;)

I kid. You guys are good. Love David Wilson, not only as an athlete but as a good human being. He's the kind of kid that it kills me that UVA didn't get. And I really don't mean to keep heaping dirt on Logan Thomas, but I do want the kid to show some modicum of consistency before people start anointing him as something he's not. That's all.

I'm skeptical too. Hopefully....hopefully, he turns out alright. If not, then our defense is going to have to win us a lot of games. For 3 years.

I'm skeptical too. Hopefully....hopefully, he turns out alright. If not, then our defense is going to have to win us a lot of games. For 3 years.

I'm very confident that Logan Thomas will be a solid QB not only by the time he's done in Blacksburg, but by the end of this season. Will he be a Hall-of-Famer? I hope, but it's not likely. Wilson and the experienced receiving corps can carry the brunt of the load this season if Thomas just plays smart and within himself and limits turnovers.

Young guys usually show the most improvement over the first few games in a season and, while it hasn't been the prettiest, Logan can build off a lot of positives and negatives these first few games.

Hell, if he needs confidence in his ability to throw the ball and can make it through Arkansas St. this weekend he will gain all he can handle next weekend when goes against Marshall's defensive backs! :eek:

I'm very confident that Logan Thomas will be a solid QB not only by the time he's done in Blacksburg, but by the end of this season. Will he be a Hall-of-Famer? I hope, but it's not likely. Wilson and the experienced receiving corps can carry the brunt of the load this season if Thomas just plays smart and within himself and limits turnovers.

Young guys usually show the most improvement over the first few games in a season and, while it hasn't been the prettiest, Logan can build off a lot of positives and negatives these first few games.

Hell, if he needs confidence in his ability to throw the ball and can make it through Arkansas St. this weekend he will gain all he can handle next weekend when goes against Marshall's defensive backs! :eek:

So I'm assuming Marshall's DBs are noteworthy? I haven't heard anything.

So I'm assuming Marshall's DBs are noteworthy? I haven't heard anything.

Absolutely not, haha. I probably should've worded that a bit differently. I meant to say that if he needs confidence as a passer then he will have to look no further than the Marshall secondary. Marshall has a pretty strong front 7 but if the offensive line can give Thomas a little bit of time to make reads then a 3rd grader could throw against their DBs.

Absolutely not, haha. I probably should've worded that a bit differently. I meant to say that if he needs confidence as a passer then he will have to look no further than the Marshall secondary. Marshall has a pretty strong front 7 but if the offensive line can give Thomas a little bit of time to make reads then a 3rd grader could throw against their DBs.

Ha. Hopefully it doesn't grant him some false confidence.

I just don't want him to turn into Sean Glennon. The holes in my walls have been patched up neatly for over a year thanks to Tyrod's smart play. If LT can't hold it together, I'll need to visit Home Depot regularly.

Logan is an extremely gifted athlete for his size. I don't know how anyone can say he is slow considering he probably runs the fastest forty of anyone above 250 on the team, apart from James Gayle. He is one of the most athletic players that Tech has ever had for his size and height.

Logan is an extremely gifted athlete for his size. I don't know how anyone can say he is slow considering he probably runs the fastest forty of anyone above 250 on the team, apart from James Gayle. He is one of the most athletic players that Tech has ever had for his size and height.

Running the fastest 40 of anyone over 250 pounds is like being the offensive lineman with the smallest man-boobs.