2nd Chance Rocks 2012

Rhschamps04

They announced the acts a while back...don't remember exactly who all it was, but the lineup isn't as good as last year. However, I haven't heard anything about it in a while and their website hasn't been updated...maybe things fell through???

It's still on as far as I know.

I'd say the reason you aren't hearing a whole lot about it yet is because they are still ironing out the details of getting the performers here. They have all tentatively agreed to come, but it still takes a lot of planning and scheduling into and around their summer tours. Just what I've heard from a few reliable sources...

The lineup is:

Jake Owen (Friday night at the Chuck Mathena Center in Princeton).

Josh Thompson

Brantley Gilbert

Rodney Atkins

Eric Church

EDIT: I should say that supposedly Brantley Gilbert is the only one who is still up in the air. Last I heard, pretty much everyone else was a solid yes. I wouldn't worry about it though, I'm sure that Billy and his boys have a fallback plan if Brantley can't swing it.

Edited by hokie07

Apparently Erik announced today via face book that the show will now be on Friday night instead of Saturday and the lineup will be The local group Folk Soul Revival, Lee Brice, Jake Owen and Eric Church. The line up is no where near as loaded as last year but it also appears there are no plans to market it as much either.

Apparently Erik announced today via face book that the show will now be on Friday night instead of Saturday and the lineup will be The local group Folk Soul Revival, Lee Brice, Jake Owen and Eric Church. The line up is no where near as loaded as last year but it also appears there are no plans to market it as much either.

Cool! That just saved me about $200 bucks...

I do not mind it being on a friday I would prefer a saturday but friday is fine with me probably be a smaller crowd for the start of it because alot of people will want to rest after getting home from work. I look foward to seeing Lee Brice and Jake Owen could do without eric church but i suppose 2 out of 3 aint bad lol. Not sure why they would not market it about the same as they did last year are they not interested in people coming out for the show?

• 1 month later...

Just wondering how many of you all already got your tickets for this year. Last year at this time i had done ordered mine this year kinda waiting and seeing if anything else i may want to do is happening around the same time.

• 2 months later...

Its only a couple weeks away now when it was first announced alot of the people i talked to were not going to go but as time has gotten closer for the show those same people have now bought tickets and are pretty excited anyone from on here going this year.

Apparently, there's a lot of upset people here in Bristol about the 2nd Chance concerts. They had a contest on facebook between local musical talents to see who would open for Eric Church. A guy named Andy Crawford won it. There were a couple of girls from Bristol who sing together (Cassie and Camille, they're pretty big on YouTube and I've known the families for years, we all went to Battle) who got 2nd place. When the contest narrowed it down between Cassie/Camille and Crawford, that's when things got ugly. Not because Andy won, but because apparently 1st place and 3rd place get to perform at this event and not 2nd place. The winner and 3rd place contestants also both happen to be from Bluefield. So needless to say, there's a lot of griping going on in Bristol over this.

Apparently, there's a lot of upset people here in Bristol about the 2nd Chance concerts. They had a contest on facebook between local musical talents to see who would open for Eric Church. A guy named Andy Crawford won it. There were a couple of girls from Bristol who sing together (Cassie and Camille, they're pretty big on YouTube and I've known the families for years, we all went to Battle) who got 2nd place. When the contest narrowed it down between Cassie/Camille and Crawford, that's when things got ugly. Not because Andy won, but because apparently 1st place and 3rd place get to perform at this event and not 2nd place. The winner and 3rd place contestants also both happen to be from Bluefield. So needless to say, there's a lot of griping going on in Bristol over this.

1st and 3rd win the rights to perform, but 2nd gets nothing? That seems like that story's been through the rumor mill a few times...

1st and 3rd win the rights to perform, but 2nd gets nothing? That seems like that story's been through the rumor mill a few times...

2nd should get something, IMO.

But I do know that 3rd place was only invited to sing the National Anthem and perform a "short acoustic set" which I heard to be 1 or 2 songs. Still, performing is performing though.

I do know that 3rd place sang the National Anthem last year, created her own YouTube video to promote this concert, and knows the owners of the Second Chance Leaning Center personally if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure Second Chance has reasons to justify their decisions, but whatever they are, it does still leaves some questions unanswered.

I just know that first place gets to open for Church, second place got nothing, and third place gets to perform. Third place probably was just invited, especially since they're from Bluefield. I was just recapping the story. Either way, there's a lot of ticked off people in Bristol over this (I think they ended up setting up a small concert for those girls so they'd get to perform for the ones that supported them in the contest).

There was a bunch of other crap that went on during the contest too, like fake FB profiles, people harassing or bashing one another, and so on. I guess that's what you get when you do something like this over Facebook, lol. Too bad it had to take that turn.

There was a bunch of other crap that went on during the contest too, like fake FB profiles, people harassing or bashing one another, and so on. I guess that's what you get when you do something like this over Facebook, lol. Too bad it had to take that turn.

I don't disagree with you there. The Facebook competition was definitely a spamming and popularity contest and didn't reward the best talent, IMO. You'll have that though in competitions like this.

Hopefully 2nd place has a great concert for themselves in the future.

I don't disagree with you there. The Facebook competition was definitely a spamming and popularity contest and didn't reward the best talent, IMO. You'll have that though in competitions like this.

Hopefully 2nd place has a great concert for themselves in the future.

Oh I don't doubt that it'll be a great concert. Along with the bands slated to perform, the people in that contest who'll open for them were all really good too. If I were more of a country music fan, I'd consider going.