Van Halen

went to see Van Halen in Greensboro NC last night...made a speed run down there and back...took my uncle with me from Grundy.

Kool & The Gang were the openers and they were pretty awesome...didn't realize those guys had so many songs I knew...about 6 or so songs deep i started thinking man i know all of these lol.

Van Halen were just amazing....loved it...Ed was all over it last night and everyone seemed to be in a great mood...loved seeing them again.

I was dead tired on the way home and was going to go to Bluefield and take my uncle back to Grundy then crash there and head home this morning to pick up the kids on the way home...but, some how i missed the exit for bluefield on 77 and ended up taking 81 towards home...i was so out of it that i was in Marion before i figured out I wasn't on 77...lol...scary.

ended up crashing at the house and went to Grundy this morning instead....man I'm beat...sucks getting old.

Well worth it though, can't wait for August 4th in Knoxville to see them again.

I have seen Van Halen many times over the years, and I'm telling you they sounded fantastic last night. I've heard them sound good and bad with Dave and Sammy both...depending on how drunk Ed was I guess...but, it's obvious he's sober now. I was impressed.

solo from last night:

and here's one of Unchained...they did some improv at the "break" part...first time i've seen them do this on the current tour, they did it a lot back in the day with Dave....was fun to watch.