Punishment?

Gunz9

I know most saw the news footage of the fight last night between Tazewell and Carroll. I was just curious if anyone knows of possible punishment for the players involved and how or if they will finish the game. I played a little bit of baseball in high school and never remember getting into a fight or knowing a school that did so I was just curious what might possibly happen.

Ok I see where WVVA.com is reporting that all players from Tazewell received a 1 game suspension and two players were suspended for two games. Both teams will forefit the game.

Did Carroll recieve the same punishment?

Ok I see where WVVA.com is reporting that all players from Tazewell received a 1 game suspension and two players were suspended for two games. Both teams will forefit the game.

Did Carroll recieve the same punishment?

According to a local newspaper report, Tazwell's punishment was handed down by the VHSL along with a $300 fine. The VHSL saw no need to punish Carroll any further since the school had already handed down a stiffer punishment than the VHSL recommend.

Carroll suspended it's entire team for 1 game (Friday against Abingdon) and 5 players were suspended for another game beyond that.

The VHSL recommend 1 Carroll player get a 2 game suspension and nothing further.

I would post the article but its locked online without a password.

I don't think that WVVA should've aired the footage of the brawl.... A quick mention that it was ended due to a brawl would've been sufficient.

I agree with Futbolking, WVVA ( like the rest of the news media) are blowing everything up and making a mountain out of a mole hill!

I agree with Futbolking, WVVA ( like the rest of the news media) are blowing everything up and making a mountain out of a mole hill!

I agree that WVVA should not have shown high school kids behaving so poorly. It reflects bad on these young men, their coaches and the school. I did lose some respect for Coach Perry in his interview by not taking responsibility for failing to control his team, instead he blames the umpires. Come on Coach, you are there for more than to just win baseball games. I have a lot of respect for Coach Perry and his program but that was not the response that I expected from the guy that everyone says does the right things for all the right reasons. Hopefully the team can put this behind them and gain some respect back from the community.

LOL! Sweep it under the rug...never happened...

Carroll is appealing some of their suspensions and rightfully so.

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2012/may/03/carroll-county-high-school-appeals-baseball-brawl-ar-1889555/

The Lineberry boy did nothing but try to get to the base. He wasn't involved in the scuffle at all, no reason for him to be suspended further than the 1 game with the entire team.

Was that the pitcher who tackled that CC kid? He Bill Goldberg'd that guy.

First baseman, I believe.

When I saw that hit I said to my wife "that's the best tackle Tazewell has made in years..."

I agree that WVVA should not have shown high school kids behaving so poorly. It reflects bad on these young men, their coaches and the school. I did lose some respect for Coach Perry in his interview by not taking responsibility for failing to control his team, instead he blames the umpires. Come on Coach, you are there for more than to just win baseball games. I have a lot of respect for Coach Perry and his program but that was not the response that I expected from the guy that everyone says does the right things for all the right reasons. Hopefully the team can put this behind them and gain some respect back from the community.

It is not WVVA's fault that these kids were acting poorly. If they not not want it to reflect bad on them then they should act poorly. They have NO ONE to blame but themselves. I could not believe the Tazewell coach was putting the blame on the umpires. Both teams are at fault here..... I would not be surprised to see yahoo news pick this up as well.

It is not WVVA's fault that these kids were acting poorly. If they not not want it to reflect bad on them then they should act poorly. They have NO ONE to blame but themselves. I could not believe the Tazewell coach was putting the blame on the umpires. Both teams are at fault here..... I would not be surprised to see yahoo news pick this up as well.

Yeah, you have to man-up in that situation and accept the blame. I too lost respect for the coach with his comments.

Hearing rumors that 1 game suspension has been lifted for remainder of Cavalier team and that they will play Abingdon this afternoon.

The Abingdon radio station that carries Falcon baseball made an announcement at 5:00 p.m. today, the game was forfeited to Abingdon by Carroll County and was not being played.

Life has many choices---eternity two

This article posted online of Carroll County News today:

http://www.thecarrollnews.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Carroll+must+forfeit+Abingdon+game%20&id=18462118&instance=top_stories

Carroll must forfeit Abingdon game

by Allen Worrell, Editor Carroll News (Va)

5 hrs ago | 526 views | 0 | 3 | |

Brandon Lineberry's two-game suspension by the VHSL has been overturned, but Carroll County's baseball team must forfeit its game with Abingdon scheduled for May 4 as part of a one-game team suspension. slideshow Carroll County's scheduled Southwest District baseball game set for May 4 at 5 p.m with Abingdon will now go down as a forfeit as part of a suspension for the team's involvement in a brawl at Tazewell on Tuesday.

Early in the day Friday, Carroll County administrators received word that a one-game team suspension had been overturned and the Cavaliers could play the game with Abingdon. However, Carroll County Athletic Director Darrin Matthews told The Carroll News at 1 p.m. Friday that he had just gotten off the phone with Executive Director Ken Tilley of the VHSL, who informed him that the decision had been reversed and the team would have to serve a one-game suspension. Additionally, four players Matthews would not name have been suspended for two games. He said Carroll County did win an appeal to overturn a two-game suspension for Brandon Lineberry, who collided with Tazewell catcher Gavin Yates during Tuesday's game. The Carroll baseball team has also been fined $300, issued a written warning from the VHSL,

Life has many choices---eternity two