Police called to aep in bluefield

Due to people being hostile to aep workers..can anyone confirm? i

Definitely true. State police was there earlier when I left the service center pretty pathetic if you ask me that people are harassing the ones trying to help you..

Definitely true. State police was there earlier when I left the service center pretty pathetic if you ask me that people are harassing the ones trying to help you..

I think people are just fed up with the corporate side of AEP and are taking it out on the only people with a face to the problem they can find.

There are lines down, poles down and broken...In some pretty rough terrain...."High Lines" down... They can't just make a 1 1/2 mile long High Line appear out of thin air.... People never cease to amaze me....Twice as many outages as Hurricane Irene... I don't think people understand the scope of the damage.

There are lines down, poles down and broken...In some pretty rough terrain...."High Lines" down... They can't just make a 1 1/2 mile long High Line appear out of thin air.... People never cease to amaze me....Twice as many outages as Hurricane Irene... I don't think people understand the scope of the damage.

Preach it.

Preach it.

I have this "People are stupid" tyrade about once a year.... Last time, it was over some ignorant arse lady in the grocery store who thought she could buy 10 lbs. of chicken for $1.99 and held up the line for 10 minutes arguing with the clerk, until one guy got so mad, he went back and got the sign that said "$1.99 per pound" and stuck it in her face. I really don't want to get started on this subject..

There are a lot of people working hard to restore power to everybody, people need to have a level head and use some common sense. If they can go to AEP and complain, they can go to the #@%$ store and buy some water and ice and whatever the hell else they need to wait it out. Buy some bread and peanut butter and shut the hell up.....

To quote Johnny Dangerously.... The "Fargin Iceholes!!"

I have this "People are stupid" tyrade about once a year.... Last time, it was over some ignorant arse lady in the grocery store who thought she could buy 10 lbs. of chicken for $1.99 and held up the line for 10 minutes arguing with the clerk, until one guy got so mad, he went back and got the sign that said "$1.99 per pound" and stuck it in her face. I really don't want to get started on this subject..

There are a lot of people working hard to restore power to everybody, people need to have a level head and use some common sense. If they can go to AEP and complain, they can go to the #@%$ store and buy some water and ice and whatever the hell else they need to wait it out. Buy some bread and peanut butter and shut the hell up.....

To quote Johnny Dangerously.... The "Fargin Iceholes!!"

Grundy was out of power for 2 weeks last year or whenever that ice storm was...friggin mess...if you drive over drill mountain you can still see the damage.

i dont have a problem with the people who work for AEP locally, but they are a horrible company overall...i've had several issues with them over the years...if you have ever dealt with anyone else it's easy to see the difference in how AEP does business. 3+ years with BVU and zero problems so far...when I lived in Alabama and had Alabama Power zero problems...South Carolina and had SCE&G, zero problems...here, AEP...all kinds of issues with crazy bills, missing refunds, constant rate increases...it just never stops...i was out of town once for an extended time...called AEP to ask about an extension because they wouldn't take a payment over the phone and they said no? What the hell? Who does that? I never asked for an extension before from them in my life and they say no? over a $125 bill? Insane. Then to pay your bill online, after all it's the year 2012 and all and that's sort of common now...AEP wants to charge me like $3 or $4 extra just to pay my bill with a credit/debit card? I have BVU and they don't charge me a dime extra to pay online with a debit card?

I don't get it...they play the "I'm the only game in town" card way too much...they have no competition and OWN the State Corp. Commission...so they pretty much get away with whatever they want to do...if there is a huge public outcry over a rate increase they just break it up in to a smaller increase and line up 4 or 5 in a row at a smaller amount and run it through with no problem.

Not an AEP fan...sorry.

Grundy was out of power for 2 weeks last year or whenever that ice storm was...friggin mess...if you drive over drill mountain you can still see the damage.

i dont have a problem with the people who work for AEP locally, but they are a horrible company overall...i've had several issues with them over the years...if you have ever dealt with anyone else it's easy to see the difference in how AEP does business. 3+ years with BVU and zero problems so far...when I lived in Alabama and had Alabama Power zero problems...South Carolina and had SCE&G, zero problems...here, AEP...all kinds of issues with crazy bills, missing refunds, constant rate increases...it just never stops...i was out of town once for an extended time...called AEP to ask about an extension because they wouldn't take a payment over the phone and they said no? What the hell? Who does that? I never asked for an extension before from them in my life and they say no? over a $125 bill? Insane. Then to pay your bill online, after all it's the year 2012 and all and that's sort of common now...AEP wants to charge me like $3 or $4 extra just to pay my bill with a credit/debit card? I have BVU and they don't charge me a dime extra to pay online with a debit card?

I don't get it...they play the "I'm the only game in town" card way too much...they have no competition and OWN the State Corp. Commission...so they pretty much get away with whatever they want to do...if there is a huge public outcry over a rate increase they just break it up in to a smaller increase and line up 4 or 5 in a row at a smaller amount and run it through with no problem.

Not an AEP fan...sorry.

I'm not an AEP fan by any stretch, but there are reasons for what you're saying above.

One, the rate increases. People around here don't want to believe this, but only Richlands's town power has a lower total rate than AEP. As of the 2010 data, out of 37 electric providers in VA (so much for owning the SCC), AEP is literally 2nd-cheapest (yes, cheaper than BVU) factoring in all costs. Yes, AEP and Dominion are the big dogs on the block, but AEP is cheap. The reason the rate increases seem so large now is because, for years, AEP artificially deflated the prices (25% cheaper than anybody else in VA for 30+ years) because of the economic hardship argument. AEP can't do that anymore. As for the small incremental jumps, it's simple negotiation. You want a 7% increase, you ask for 14%, then work down to 7%.

Two, the "only game in town". Appalachian Natural Gas, for some reason, chooses by and large not to compete with AEP, which is specifically perplexing when they could virtually monopolize the SWVA market with their significantly cheaper rates.* Send them a letter. They're the ones that choose not to flex their muscles.

*Seem fishy to anyone else?

Edited by UVAObserver

"Two, the "only game in town". Appalachian Natural Gas, for some reason, chooses by and large not to compete with AEP, which is specifically perplexing when they could virtually monopolize the SWVA market with their significantly cheaper rates.* Send them a letter. They're the ones that choose not to flex their muscles."

A former chairman of the Wise County Board of Supervisors- who has been pushing for domestic gas- has told me that the gas company response is lack of customer base. The truth is that gas companies do not want to do hookups in rural areas.

"Two, the "only game in town". Appalachian Natural Gas, for some reason, chooses by and large not to compete with AEP, which is specifically perplexing when they could virtually monopolize the SWVA market with their significantly cheaper rates.* Send them a letter. They're the ones that choose not to flex their muscles."

A former chairman of the Wise County Board of Supervisors- who has been pushing for domestic gas- has told me that the gas company response is lack of customer base. The truth is that gas companies do not want to do hookups in rural areas.

I think the truth is a bit more devious and green than that.

One problem with AEP, is that they are run by suits in Columbus with law degrees and MBAs that do not necessarily understand the basics of operating a utility. I had a chance to work with a consultant in the electric utility industry and that was his observation. They are great at getting ROI for the stockholders, but operationally they aren't so great.