Tigers / Greenwave

redtiger

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.... you nailed the last one..........gotta go against my dc friend clintwood 34-6, i know tigers will be sky high..........wave has to many returnees..........just hope colley doesen't depend on bowen to much, he's a good kid, as is all of them...........

I really dont think it will be a high scorin game. Haysis Offense struggled against Castlewood but I think Coach will tweak a few thingsand the Offense will move the ball much better(which will keep the ball out of Clitwoods hands). This is the first time in a few years that I thought Haysi had a legitimate chance to win. Cant wait for Friday Night!

Bowen will be a BIG prt of Haysis offense for this season but he isint all of the offense. Haysi will run alot of 3 wide and as always throw the ball around.

Man, im reall feeling the DC love!

Edited by redtiger

just a note.........hazard could probably play with alot of AA schools around here...............they may be 1a in ky, but .........well who knows.........hope its a good game and everyone comes out healthy...gues this will be first itme in a while for a true dickenson county champ..............

Both teams havent quite gotten it together yet. Both teams have talent but havent found their offensive identies yet. Both defenses are solid; quick and play well as a unit.

Im gonna say 16-14 Haysi

anything can happen, of course, especially in high school football...but, Haysi only beat Castlewood 28-14, and from what you said Castlewood lost almost everybody from last years team (a good Cumberland district team, but average in most other districts). so, i'm assuming Castlewood is rebuilding...from an average team, and that would probably make them worse than they were last year. Haysi should've killed them.

Clintwood, on the other hand, played away at the best 1A school in Kentucky (defending champ Hazard) and could've/should've beat them. lost by 6 and were up 17-3 late in the first half. the Wave played extremely well in the loss, best opening game (considering the level of competition) in years. comparing the strength of each opponent, Hazard would drill Castlewood by 50 points or more. Add to the mix that the game is Clintwood's home opener and the team is well aware that there's been alot of Dickenson County upset chatter about Haysi's chances this year, and the Tiger's chances decrease even further.

like i said, anything can happen, and i know you don't think strength of schedule is that big of a deal, but i just don't see Haysi winning this game. this Clintwood team is just too "big game" experienced (about 15 returning starters from last year's champs), and the coaches will not allow them to underestimate anybody...especially after last year's 1-2 start. the Bowen kid and the quarterback are good, but there's no way they can be better than the RB/QB Clintwood just faced in Hazard (not to mention their D-1, Cincinnati-bound WR/LB/Athlete, and they were all held in check by Clintwood's defense for MOST of the game...not all, obviously).

it may be close, and it may be a good smashmouth county rumble, but i'm gonna have to take the Wave in this'n. of course, i'm from Clintwood and you're from Haysi...i'm guessin' we're both a tad bias.

I think Haysis quickness will be ahrd for Clintwood to handle. I know Clintwood was hobbled in last years meeting but that game was alot closer than most(even myself) expected. This years Haysi team is better and this years Clintwood team isint as good, I think the gap is alot closer than it has been in years, close enough for Haysi to win.

Youre right, I dont put alot of stock in overall strength of schedule and I put even less in it at this point in the season.

Both Haysi and Clintwood did some things wrong last week and it will be the adjustments that will make a difference in this game, and in that category I will take Colley over Mullins any day.

The only top skill player Castlewood returned was Edmonds.

Hazard had plenty of speed...I'm sure more than most in our area.....and size....

Olinger, Jones to name a couple from Hazard...

I loved watching Jones run, Kid is a beast...and Olinger to be a Soph. he has talent..

Clintwood, on the other hand, played away at the best 1A school in Kentucky (defending champ Hazard) and could've/should've beat them. lost by 6 and were up 17-3 late in the first half. the Wave played extremely well in the loss, best opening game (considering the level of competition) in years. comparing the strength of each opponent, Hazard would drill Castlewood by 50 points or more. Add to the mix that the game is Clintwood's home opener and the team is well aware that there's been alot of Dickenson County upset chatter about Haysi's chances this year, and the Tiger's chances decrease even further.

This is why I cant figure out why I am hearing Clintwood has not got it together. The Hazard/Clintwood game went as expected. A close game.

This is why I cant figure out why I am hearing Clintwood has not got it together. The Hazard/Clintwood game went as expected. A close game.

unlike last year, the people who are saying that the Wave "doesn't have it together" aren't FROM Clintwood. like i said, they could've/should've beat Hazard, and Hazard is the best 1-A team that Clintwood, or anyone else, will play in the regular season this year. if there is such a thing, it was one of those "positive losses".

Seems like everyone is forgetting that it was week one. None of the teams should have it together completely.

From the teams I've seen from the scrimmages and ones I have only read

about. All theses teams are improving. That's what a coach likes to see.

I have spoken with alot of Clintwood people who were at the Honaker scrimmage and the Hazard game and they say Clintwood doesent have it together. Right now they are a really good team but they have alot of potential that they havent fulfilled yet, as stainless said no one has got it together yet.

Im saying right now I think Haysi can compete with Clintwood and maybe win, at the end of the season probably not. Clintwood has a much higher ceiling than Haysi imo

i look for colley to try and suprise wave, going on 4th down , line up odd formation,something to knock wave on heels.......:cool:

colley will always have a surprise to whoever he plays.he is so unpredictable on his calls,but thats what makes him tuff to beat.that being said, id bet on clintwood by 2 or 3 tds.

Tonight will be the first time the Defending STATE CHAMPIONS have played or even scrimmaged on their home turf since Chilhowie game last season, mid November....... Let me tell ya, for some reason this Team is very upset and feel like they have something to prove tonight, maybe because its a county rival game.....I think the Grayson County game still bothers these Boy's.

It's gonna get physical in Clintwood tonight.

Let me tell ya, for some reason this Team is very upset and feel like they have something to prove tonight, maybe because its a county rival game

I think it has more to do with a certain someone who now plays for Haysi who didn't last year running his mouth all week to the kids at the vocational school. Lets see if his ass can cash the check his mouth has been writing.

I think it has more to do with a certain someone who now plays for Haysi who didn't last year running his mouth all week to the kids at the vocational school. Lets see if his ass can cash the check his mouth has been writing.

48-12 Clintwood in the third. The newest mouth of Dickenson CO. finally scored on the 4th team of Clintwood.