FB SCORES/UPDATES Fri./Sat. 11/2&3/12

trublue

Parsons i dont know who you are but thats twice without anybody responding to you. Its my opinion you are a parent of a former player probably 2010. Then you go on and bash them from being emotional.

Yes they go over board sometimes but if you only knew how hard Coach Mance and the staff has been on these boys trying to get them to show more emotion on the field and get more excited. Then they do and offend you. If you think they are so bad and rude at football this year why even watch them?

I am a fan regardless! Of course i don't want them to taunt but i for sure want them to play with emotion. When they do it will come out wrong sometimes but i will love them anyway. Remember they are still kids and don't want there team to be the team that lets there fans down. They for sure don't do it intentionally just trying to offend you. They want to win for you and make you proud!

Like i said the reason i responded was you twice called your own team out and even worse how bad they are this year.

Couple of things that I want to chime in on. Running up the score. IMO, Mance has had ample opportunity to run scores up out of sight and has not done it. From an opponents perspective 40-60 points may be excessive. From the Richlands perspective, some of the 40-60 point victories could have been 80-100 point victories. Bottom line, if you don't like having 40-60 points scored on you. Then simply stop the offense. On the other issue, most notably in rebuttal to BlueRazor:

I happen to agree with Parsons. It seems to me Razor, that you are probably a parent of a child on this team (which has no merit, as does you saying that about Parsons.) It didn't seem to me that he bashed anyone. He merely made a statement. Here is my 2 cents:

Yes, the players are kids and kids are going to make mistakes. That is a given. Here is the problem. This particular kid has been an issue all season. I remember him breaking away against Graham and taunting the G-Men before he scored. If you call that showing "emotion" than you are miles away from being right. Wrong is wrong and he has been wrong on several occassions. IMO, someone should be correcting him. I have said a thousand times this year that this is the most undisciplined team that I have ever seen. And each week I have been proven correct. And you or anyone else that defends that type of behavior are part of the problem. Someone stated on here that Mance and company are going to appeal the decision. Once again, not helping the issue. I think AJ is a good kid and has a good family. But, what happens when he graduates and someone isn't there to appeal his bad decisions. Making kids accountable for their actions is part of the high school football experience. Razor, you mentioned being a fan. Well, I am a fan also. And it is really disappointing that these penalties and suspensions happen. Because the actions of one or two effect the entire group. Several years ago, a coach made a player run extra until he puked for spiking a football (and getting a 15 yard penalty) after scoring a touchdown. And that player never again spiked the football or garnered another 15 yard penalty for spiking the football. I am sure you see where I am going with this.

Edited by old_school_blue

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's my problem with what Parsons had to say. I guess your saying that will encourage them by saying how bad they are. Really?

When you see these bad players your talking about go talk them, encourage them, tell them how you think and help them. Don't attack them on a public message board like that. It will not help any of them

Look, if it makes you feel better I do think they have enough talent to be an outstanding team, but they're going to have to start playing a hell of a lot smarter in order to do it.

Couple of things that I want to chime in on. Running up the score. IMO, Mance has had ample opportunity to run scores up out of sight and has not done it. From an opponents perspective 40-60 points may be excessive. From the Richlands perspective, some of the 40-60 point victories could have been 80-100 point victories. Bottom line, if you don't like having 40-60 points scored on you. Then simply stop the offense. On the other issue, most notably in rebuttal to BlueRazor:

I happen to agree with Parsons. It seems to me Razor, that you are probably a parent of a child on this team (which has no merit, as does you saying that about Parsons.) It didn't seem to me that he bashed anyone. He merely made a statement. Here is my 2 cents:

Yes, the players are kids and kids are going to make mistakes. That is a given. Here is the problem. This particular kid has been an issue all season. I remember him breaking away against Graham and taunting the G-Men before he scored. If you call that showing "emotion" than you are miles away from being right. Wrong is wrong and he has been wrong on several occassions. IMO, someone should be correcting him. I have said a thousand times this year that this is the most undisciplined team that I have ever seen. And each week I have been proven correct. And you or anyone else that defends that type of behavior is part of the problem. Someone stated on here that Mance and company are going to appeal the decision. Once again, not helping the issue. I think AJ is a good kid and has a good family. But, what happens when he graduates and someone isn't there to appeal his bad decisions. Making kids accountable for their actions is part of the high school football experience. Razor, you mentioned being a fan. Well, I am a fan also. And it is really disappointing that these penalties and suspensions happen. Because the actions of one or two effects the entire group. Several years ago, a coach made a player run extra until he puked for spiking a football (and getting a 15 yard penalty) after scoring a touchdown. And that player never again spiked the football or garnered another 15 yard penalty for spiking the football. I am sure you see where I am going with this.

You mention holding him accountable which i agree with if it was something that he should have been suspended for then i would be with you but what he got thrown out for was stupid he did nothing to anyone on the tazewell team he did nothing in the field of play late hit etc. He simply blew a kiss to the fans thats it do you see that as a reason to keep the kid out of what might be the last game of the season for the blues if they lose in the 2nd round the season is over and the kid does not play anymore how is that right at all?

Thats your opinion and it is noted. I did not take up for bad behaviour and want.

I will defend them when one of our own tells them how bad they are. Like i said that's why i responded in the first place. If you think this is a undisciplined team then fine. If you don't like some of them and the way they play fine.

I don't know how you can interpret him saying this is the second worse team in eight years as not bashing them.

couple of things i noticed:

-as soon as the AJ thing happened...there was a lot of "chatter" over on the Richlands sideline...a lot of harsh words from people. I was sort of shocked at the lack of support there...first thing I thought about was some of the talk that went on here about internal issues...seems it had some truth to it, and i'll leave it at that.

-Tazewell fans were over behind their own bench going after coach Allen just as soon as things went bad. Some guy was complaining about the play calling, another guy was saying to get "so and so" out of there, another guy was saying something about getting a "real" coach, and a lot more...geez...you guys act like you have some sense...the level at which that was going on was at the very least inappropriate, even by Tazewell's lynch the coach mentality. WTF is wrong with you people?

-Tazewell has some good kids...I was surprised at how good some of them really were. They probably should have won at least 5 to 7 games this year...if they don't run the coach out of town, they might actually have something going on next year.

You mention holding him accountable which i agree with if it was something that he should have been suspended for then i would be with you but what he got thrown out for was stupid he did nothing to anyone on the tazewell team he did nothing in the field of play late hit etc. He simply blew a kiss to the fans thats it do you see that as a reason to keep the kid out of what might be the last game of the season for the blues if they lose in the 2nd round the season is over and the kid does not play anymore how is that right at all?

I did not see what happened. I was unable to make the game due to a prior engagement (my son's birthday party.) Taunting is illegal. It does not have to take place during game play. Someone stated earlier that the first he got for the kiss blowing (and despite how it is defended, it was perceived by the official as taunting and called as such) and the second he got for mouthing to the official. Which should not be tolerated either (regardless of the color of jersey.) To the best of my understanding, if you get two unsportsmanlike penalties in one game, you get ejected. Now knowing that he is arguably our best offensive weapon. How is that right that the actions of one kid will adversely affect the other seniors on the team from advancing to the state playoffs. I ask myself two questions. Why did he put himself and his teammates in this position by blowing kisses? And why was he not returning to the huddle immediately after the play? I was taught to play to the whistle and then get back to the huddle.

Look, if it makes you feel better I do think they have enough talent to be an outstanding team, but they're going to have to start playing a hell of a lot smarter in order to do it.

I actually agree with you for once! I always hear Richlands fans ( and just cause I said it here dosen't mean it's any of you) why can't we get any respect? Well for one they need to learn to win with class....

couple of things i noticed:

-as soon as the AJ thing happened...there was a lot of "chatter" over on the Richlands sideline...a lot of harsh words from people. I was sort of shocked at the lack of support there...first thing I thought about was some of the talk that went on here about internal issues...seems it had some truth to it, and i'll leave it at that.

-Tazewell fans were over behind their own bench going after coach Allen just as soon as things went bad. Some guy was complaining about the play calling, another guy was saying to get "so and so" out of there, another guy was saying something about getting a "real" coach, and a lot more...geez...you guys act like you have some sense...the level at which that was going on was at the very least inappropriate, even by Tazewell's lynch the coach mentality. WTF is wrong with you people?

-Tazewell has some good kids...I was surprised at how good some of them really were. They probably should have won at least 5 to 7 games this year...if they don't run the coach out of town, they might actually have something going on next year.

I've said all year if they leave this coach alone within two to three years he may have a good squad, if not the upcoming season with all the underclassmen that will be coming back that has gotten plenty of experience this season....

I've said all year if they leave this coach alone within two to three years he may have a good squad, if not the upcoming season with all the underclassmen that will be coming back that has gotten plenty of experience this season....

a big thing, that's always been part of the overall problem in Tazewell, is that when you have these idiots over right behind the bench saying all this stuff, the kids hear it...it just causes more problems. You would figure people would have learned by this point, but i guess not. Of course there are a lot who deny there is a problem or that coaches get run off in T-Town lol.

Blue razor, best of luck to you guys too. Hopefully we will meet again in a few weeks. The Dogs do have talent, they just need some good things to happen early and hold on to the ball. When you lose like these kids have, its tough to find a way to win.

Lance, you are right, there are some real idiots in the Tazewell stands. I know who they are too, been hearings it for years lol. Most of them never played a down of football in their lives and/or have kids riding the bench. There are a couple that like to think its funny to be th a$$hole yelling all the time. I will never understand that myself.

That's all I will say bout this game. Goid luck to both teams this postseason.!

a big thing, that's always been part of the overall problem in Tazewell, is that when you have these idiots over right behind the bench saying all this stuff, the kids hear it...it just causes more problems. You would figure people would have learned by this point, but i guess not. Of course there are a lot who deny there is a problem or that coaches get run off in T-Town lol.

Only coach that I had ever wanted run off was the one season that Wyatt scheduled a cruise the week before the playoffs started.... That kinda burnt my biscuits...

Only coach that I had ever wanted run off was the one season that Wyatt scheduled a cruise the week before the playoffs started.... That kinda burnt my biscuits...

sometimes you gotta take the party on the road Sheets lol.

I have said a thousand times this year that this is the most undisciplined team that I have ever seen. And each week I have been proven correct..

Exactly why I felt compelled to say what I said earlier. I called them the second worst team of the last eight years not because of a lack of talent, but because of the lack of discipline. We lost to a 5-5 Pulaski team at least in part due to one stupid penalty after another.

Exactly why I felt compelled to say what I said earlier. I called them the second worst team of the last eight years not because of a lack of talent, but because of the lack of discipline. We lost to a 5-5 Pulaski team at least in part due to one stupid penalty after another.

I was at the Pulaski game....sat on Pulaski's side...I used to live in Dublin, my wife is from there....all I can say is people in the stands were disgusted with the antics of one of Richlands players in particular, mouthing off and jawing with PC players the whole game....in a losing effort. He may need to learn a lesson the hard way, by sitting out a week. He's not doing himself any favors if he gets a reputation as an instigator, if he wants to play at the next level. Recruiters take notice of that kind of stuff.

There's something to say about winning with class and acting like you belong in that position. I didn't see the play, I don't know what happened, but I would think that RHS fans would welcome the punishment, if indeed one of their players was acting like a fool and representing their school in such a negative light. I'm hearing a lot of denial by the RHS folks. Maybe what he did was not that bad....but if it was, he deserves to be punished for it, that's all I'm saying. I have no dog in this fight and wish Richlands the best, in fact...I'm going to try to go watch them play, if it's on a different day or time when Graham isn't playing....and I hope to see Johnson in the game.

Edited by futbolking

I knew where you were coming from and thought you were getting ambushed. Contrary to the belief or perception of some of the other Richlands fans on here. I do not "dislike" any of our players. I want them to achieve their fullest potential. Regardless of your potential, ability or any other variable, you win with class and you lose with class. Some things are more important than football, even in Richlands.

The officials on the field have no control over how many games a player is suspended. An official should not even state anything about suspension. After the ejection, he files his report and then it is in the hands of the mighty VHSL. Unfortunately, we are seeing quite a bit of these unsportsmanlike actions lately. It all goes back to what every coach and player is told at the beginning of every year.....sportsmanship.

Ive been reading this discussion, from what I can tell it has gotten a little out of hand but 2 things are clear; 1 a player acted inapporiately to opposing fans and to a ref and 2 he deserves the punishment given to him(ejected from the game and suspended from the following game). All players understand the actions that will be taken if they are ejected from a game. Teenage years and sports are about learning about struggle and success, actions and consequences. For this young mans sake I hope he learns something from this. Should he had been called a punk, no. But judging by his actions during the game(as reported by richlands and tazewell fans) and his behavior all season its was bound to happen at some point. Hopefully he learns from it and conducts himself better in the future.

just a little outside perspective, dont know if you guys really care or not.

I have either played for, bled, or cheered for the Blues most of my 53 years and nobody on here loves the blues more than i do, but i understand why parsons has stated what he has stated.

Almost every week, we talk about the upcoming game and what do most of us say........we should win IF we can stop the penalties and turnovers, now not all of the penalties the blues get are deserved, ( at least in my opinion ) but most are, especially MOST of the unsportsmanlike type that we seem to get every week. I don't see anything wrong with stating what you see is wrong with your own team as a fan as long as it's done in a constructive way and not a malicious way and I don't think he said anything in a malicious manner.

I don't think we should call out a kid by name on here or call them names........they are still kids at this point in their life, but there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism of your home town team. It doesn't mean you don't support them or care about them any less. At least that's my opinion.

I really hope that they can get a hold of and stop committing some of the penalties, especially the unsportsmanlike penalties, it could really bite us in the playoff's.

I know that coach Mance is, and has tried to get a hold of this and stop the unsportsmanlike type of penalties, but still have his kids play with heart and emotion.

That's a tough line to walk with teenage kids, but it has to be walked.

I don't really want to comment on what happened to AJ since i didn't see what happened with my own eye's, but you have to control the urge to react to the fans. I know I sure wanted to sometimes with some of the things I heard said, but you know if you do, you not only hurt yourself, but also the team.

I know right now he probably wishes he didn't react like he did and hopefully he will learn from this.

I just hope they all learn some life lessons out there on the field. To me, that's the real benefit of playing this wonderful game !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

What i do not understand at all is the fact everyone wants to jump on the one player everything negative everyone has had to say has been directed at one player. The young man has made mistakes he is a great kid just finds himself getting caught up in the moment or in the wrong place at the wrong time. He is guilty of being a trash talker and it gets under peoples skin and most of the time it throws them off there game and he gets a TD out of it. The refs have singled out this one guy because he has the rep of being a trash talker trash talk goes on in the stands on the field in all aspects of the game why is one player singled out and flags thrown everytime he opens his mouth? Im not defending everything he has done but please do not give me the he deserved to be kicked out of the game crap for what happend yesterday it was a playful taunt if you want to call it a taunt nothing else. Are you guys watching pro football on sundays and wanting a player thrown out of the game everytime they make a gesture to the crowd?

After he was ejected from the game, why was he allowed to remain on the sideline?

My senior year I was ejected from the game against Carrol County and was told to the leave the field and sent to the locker room?

After he was ejected from the game, why was he allowed to remain on the sideline?

My senior year I was ejected from the game against Carrol County and was told to the leave the field and sent to the locker room?

Was yours for fighting or something else?

A little bit of everything! I remember me and Coach Hart both making the long ass walk to the locker room over at CC.

LOL that had to be one of the longest walks in high school football im not even sure the locker room is in the same county as the field but if you was going to get kicked out of a game the CC game at CC was going to be the one that was back when the refs were teachers at the school LOL.