The 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread:

hokie07

People b*tchin about Freddy Garcia after the game is just dumb.  He pitched his arse off in that game.  I felt like earlier they rushed Beachy back when it wasnt necessary with the lead they had in the division.  Maybe his elbow still has the issues if they waited til closer to September to bring him back, maybe not.  No one knows.  It sure hurt not having him or Huddie available.  The big games seems to big for Medlin though, but in reality he needs to be a #4 or #5 starter, and will be if Beachy is ready to go out of spring.  I dont know if we bring Huddie back or not.  Probably depends on whether he takes a hometown discount.  If he does, we probably shop Maholm.   

I wish there was a way to move Uggs and maybe there is, but its probably going to cost 8-9 mil a year to do so.  Hate to see McCann go, but thats probably whats going to happen.  I think I would tell BJ to not even pick up  a bat this winter.  He doesn't even know what he is doing at the plate anymore.  Guessing at pitches and has so many changes to his swing its sad.  3 months away from the game and start fresh at camp.  It sure wouldn't hurt any with as much as they have tried tweaking during the season.

Who is bitching about Garcia after the game?  Everyone in this thread questioned it going into the game, not after.  No doubt that Garcia quieted all his critics and pitched a great game going toe to toe with Kershaw.  It was a risky move by the other Fredi (Gonzalez) to start him, but it paid off.  The other risky move in the 8th inning that Fredi gambled with is the one that didn't pay off.  

People b*tchin about Freddy Garcia after the game is just dumb.  He pitched his arse off in that game.  I felt like earlier they rushed Beachy back when it wasnt necessary with the lead they had in the division.  Maybe his elbow still has the issues if they waited til closer to September to bring him back, maybe not.  No one knows.  It sure hurt not having him or Huddie available.  The big games seems to big for Medlin though, but in reality he needs to be a #4 or #5 starter, and will be if Beachy is ready to go out of spring.  I dont know if we bring Huddie back or not.  Probably depends on whether he takes a hometown discount.  If he does, we probably shop Maholm.   

I wish there was a way to move Uggs and maybe there is, but its probably going to cost 8-9 mil a year to do so.  Hate to see McCann go, but thats probably whats going to happen.  I think I would tell BJ to not even pick up  a bat this winter.  He doesn't even know what he is doing at the plate anymore.  Guessing at pitches and has so many changes to his swing its sad.  3 months away from the game and start fresh at camp.  It sure wouldn't hurt any with as much as they have tried tweaking during the season.

Maholm is a free agent so there is no doubt he is done as a brave

I thought Freddy Garcia did a great job of pitching in that game, I just think the Fredi should have gone to Kimbrel for the last 6 outs. When it's do or die you have to go outside of the business as usual shit...you can't just assume you can go to Kimbrel for the 9th with your season on the line...THAT is what bit them in the ass.

I completely agree with that Bluefield_Rules.  Sadly even to trade him, ATL will probably have to eat 8-9 mil of that 13 mil to get someone to bite.  If not, Wren has made a heckuva deal no matter what if it is any cheaper than that to deal him.