Are there any active travel soccer programs in SW VA?

RichlandsAlum

And by "active," I'm thinking about clubs or associations that offer the following competitive squads for both genders in the following age groups at a minimum:

U12

U14

U16

U18

Mainly posting this out of curiosity. There's a bit of a conflict brewing between travel soccer and varsity programs in the Roanoke/Lynchburg area and I was wondering if this has touched the proper part of God's Country yet.

I refereed some travel soccer in the Galax, Grayson, Carroll, Patrick, Pulaski, Wytheville areas about 5 years ago but it has all dried up for whatever reason.

I know it got contentious over some hispanic kids and the verification of ages. I'm not sure if that was a key factor in dissolving the league but i'm sure it played some role. It also seemed to be quite racially based but that is more my opinion rather than fact.

The teams with a higher percentage of hispanic player tended to win by large margins but that happens in almost all "travel" leagues whether it be AAU basketball, USSSA baseball or any other organization with limited or no oversight.