George Zimmerman case...

Lance

• 1 month later...

I guess "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply when you want revenge.

Here's the "fair and balanced" report of the story.  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19/george-zimmerman-arrested-in-florida-after-disturbance-call/

So in the time since he killed a child, he's choked his girlfriend and pointed a shotgun in her face.  But hey, guess I forgot again.  Innocent until proven guilty.  

Here's the "fair and balanced" report of the story.  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19/george-zimmerman-arrested-in-florida-after-disturbance-call/

So in the time since he killed a child, he's choked his girlfriend and pointed a shotgun in her face.  But hey, guess I forgot again.  Innocent until proven guilty.  

Are you saying he's not innocent until proven guilty?  Have you heard his side of the story?  Sometimes there is more to a story than just the accuser's position.  Ever heard of that? 

Here's the "fair and balanced" report of the story. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19/george-zimmerman-arrested-in-florida-after-disturbance-call/

So in the time since he killed a child, he's choked his girlfriend and pointed a shotgun in her face. But hey, guess I forgot again. Innocent until proven guilty.

He killed a post-pubescent legal minor who was beating the Hell out of him, and he's the subject of a domestic battery charge. Number of convictions: 0.

As I said: seems like "innocent until proven guilty" only works when it's convenient for our sensibilities.

Are you saying he's not innocent until proven guilty?  Have you heard his side of the story?  Sometimes there is more to a story than just the accuser's position.  Ever heard of that? 

In the Trayvon case, we ONLY heard his side of the story.  Know why?  Because he killed that child.  

Pretty convenient way to make sure you only get your point across if you ask me.  

In the Trayvon case, we ONLY heard his side of the story.  Know why?  Because he killed that child.  

Pretty convenient way to make sure you only get your point across if you ask me.  

He killed that punk.  There.  Fixed it for you.

a 17 year old is not a child. Is he a fully mature man, no but he is fully capable of understanding his actions and has the physical ability to do some serious harm to someone.

Is Zimmerman a good guy, we don't know. Maybe he's an asshole that likes to shoot people and beat women, we don't know. Maybe he's on a power trip and thinks having a firearm makes him all powerful, we don't know. But in the moment when someone started beating him in the head chances are he wasn't sure of the assailants age, gender or race and since his life was threatened he acted perfectly within the limits of the law to defend himself. I'm sorry you cant accept the law and the decision of a jury but it is what it is.

the facts of concealed carry are

1 - don't let anyone know you're carrying, don't bring attention to yourself, don't show the gun to anyone, don't brag about it, nothing.  

2 - don't carry unless you're willing to pull the trigger, you will just get yourself hurt .

3 - don't carry unless you are proficient in using your weapon, again you will get yourself hurt.  

4 - if you have to draw your weapon and fire, then shoot to kill. Don't leave anything to chance because a jury will side with the poor innocent, misunderstood, scared man who was trying to bash your head in and you will spend serious time in prison and be a felon the rest of your life.  

The facts are simple, don't become physical with me and you don't have to worry about getting shot. If Martin would have asked Zimmerman "hey man, why are you following me?" then all of this could have been avoided.  Of course I'm assuming Martin didn't ask. 

Zimmerman is far from innocent in the situation, if he would have stayed in his car none of this would have happened. Sad situation but from what we can tell Martin acted like a punk and these are the results. I have been approached by more than one adult who was upset and wanted to know what I was doing and why I was there. I told them and behaved like a man(the 1st time this happened to me I was 18).

If Martin would have asked Zimmerman "hey man, why are you following me?" then all of this could have been avoided.  Of course I'm assuming Martin didn't ask. 

Zimmerman is far from innocent in the situation, if he would have stayed in his car none of this would have happened. Sad situation but from what we can tell Martin acted like a punk and these are the results. I have been approached by more than one adult who was upset and wanted to know what I was doing and why I was there. I told them and behaved like a man(the 1st time this happened to me I was 18).

Shame is, we don't know if that assumption is safe or not because Zimmerman thought he had the power to end a kid's life.  

I more or less agree with your last paragraph there.  The event was certainly precipitated by an aggressive Zimmerman, but Trayvon did nothing to defuse it, and judging by these past couple of months, Zimmerman isn't going to back down.  At the end of the day, it was Zimmerman who brought the gun to the fist fight, so it's only his story that gets told.  

I more or less agree with your last paragraph there.  The event was certainly precipitated by an aggressive Zimmerman, but Trayvon did nothing to defuse it, and judging by these past couple of months, Zimmerman isn't going to back down.  At the end of the day, it was Zimmerman who brought the gun to the fist fight, so it's only his story that gets told.  

Zimmerman has proven to be a fool (barricading himself in his girlfriends home and calling 911 to tell his side of the story is ridiculous. He needs a serious ass kicking for that one). 

Imo they share responsibility and neither are innocent. It is tragic that a young man died but that's a possibility when you get into a physical altercation.

I wouldn't call what happened a "fist fight", to me it was more of an attack but that's a matter opinion/perspective