George Wythe at Fort Chiswell

dshreeves

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this game. Defending state champs versus potentially the best 1A team west of I-77 this year, no offense to the good folks in Clintwood.

Did GW lose to many experienced players to keep this one close? My gut feeling says yes, most likely they have. Been hearing lots of good things about Fort. I'm guessing this game will tell alot about both teams.

Anyone seen either team have a feel for what will happen friday night?

I'm going with the Fort...30-14

I saw Fort Chiswell at the scrimmage they had at Emory and Henry College a couple of weeks ago.  I thought they were the best team of all the schools that were competing.  They have good speed at the skill positions, the Thomas kid is awesome and they were very physical.  I haven't seen GW this year so i really can't comment.  They have an excellent program so i'm sure their kids will be prepared.  Should be a great contest!

I have not seen FC yet, but I hear they are for real.....size, speed, skill...THE THREE "S's".

The MED may be the best district west of I-77. But never count out GW......

FC 28 GW 27 , just because this one is at The Fort.

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this game. Defending state champs versus potentially the best 1A team west of I-77 this year, no offense to the good folks in Clintwood.

Did GW lose to many experienced players to keep this one close? My gut feeling says yes, most likely they have. Been hearing lots of good things about Fort. I'm guessing this game will tell alot about both teams.

Anyone seen either team have a feel for what will happen friday night?

I'm going with the Fort...30-14

no offense taken, having not seen the fort, gw, have lost a few, looked good on defense , only seen gw in norton jam,,

On paper... Fort.

GW will be prepared, though, and won't be coming to Max Meadows Friday night just to make a good showing. I fully anticipate Fort to come out and give us their best shot early. If and when GW survives the storm, they will have a dogfight on their hands.

Fort Chiswell will spank GW this Friday. GW barely got by against a terrible Radford team. Sorry GW you are only a shadow of what you were last year.

Yes, we have been told.

Repeatedly.

All summer long.

One thing I've learned not to get to up about one game or to down. 4-6 games is a better gauge. Last year Fort had 8 new starters on d and 7 on Off. when they played GW, Fort was a much better team at the end of the year. Same scenario this year for both- GW 18 new starters. GW will be a better team at the end of the year. Fort does have alot of new starters also at different positions. Coleman moved to d-line, stoneman to middle , Buyus, Edmonds at lb's, 2 new tackles. 9-10 players on Def. at a position they were not at last year. I think Fort will be a better team down the road also and they may get to see each other again.

Does Fort Chiswell kickoff at 7:00 or 7:30? I know some teams up that way start at 7.

MED games start a 7PM this year...I guess that holds true for non-district games as well.