Richlands @ Lord Botetourt

starcityfootballfan

Interesting matchup in my neck of the woods. Actually, I am planning to be there for this one. The locals early schedule has been much weaker than the Richlands slate. This is a huge determining factor for me. Obviously, the Blue Tornado squad is not as powerful as past teams; however, they are good and solid and certainly will give the Cavaliers their toughest game thus far. Trust me, the folks in Daleville are already fired up for this one. This is the classic Southwest Virginia perennial power versus an upstart working its way to notoriety in the Roanoke Valley. My edge goes to the tradition that is Richlands football. Go Blues!

Richlands 24

Lord Botetourt 20

The Quarterback and Running Back for Lord Botetourt are both very good.  The RB put up some very good numbers last year.  I've heard from a friend out that way that they don't throw the ball hardly at all.  Hopefully Richlands comes to play and can get the ball rolling again.  If we can clean up the passing game and step up our pass defense we have chance of being good.  Look forward to making the trip out to Daleville this Friday.

No disrespect to Richlands, but I have a feeling LB is going to win this pretty handily.  My prediction by at least 17.  31-14.  LB is pretty tough and their RB is a beast.  I would love to see Richlands win this one to keep some notoriety going for extreme SWVA, but I just don't think it will happen. 

We are definitely the underdog here. More bad news for us. Colten will not be playing Friday night. Out with a shoulder sprain. LB wins this pretty easy in my opinion. I hope we can make a good showing. If we can't throw the ball we lose big. If we can trow maybe we can keep it respectable!

We are definitely the underdog here. More bad news for us. Colten will not be playing Friday night. Out with a shoulder sprain. LB wins this pretty easy in my opinion. I hope we can make a good showing. If we can't throw the ball we lose big. If we can trow maybe we can keep it respectable!

I hate to hear that he is out. Best of luck to you all, pulling for the Blues.

Oddly enough, I think I know more about Botetourt's team than that of my own alma mater with regard to this matchup.

My take is that the Blues will have to play their very best to have a shot at this one.  This looks like the best team that Botetourt has fielded in recent memory and they've got really great momentum coming into this game.  Their offense is clicking and they've played some fairly decent competition to date.  Richlands will need to control the line of scrimmage and keep the Cavs' offense on the sidelines as much as possible.  Doing that will improve their chances.

On paper this looks like an uphill climb.  But anything can happen.

Richlands will have their hands full this week and for the next two weeks with Virginia High, who is much improved, and with Bluefield.  When was the last time Richlands lost 2 or even 3 regular season games?

I love my blues,  but with Colton out and River still getting his legs under him as a starting varsity QB,  and with some issues at receiver, and the O line still coming together,  I think this might be a long night for the blues.  They are playing a lot of young players,  but they do they have the potential to be a very good team,  but I am afraid they have just too much going against them this week,  with them playing a good team that has a lot of good talent along with good coaching and at their place. 

I hope I am way off on this though and the blues give them a good hard fought game !

Let little Jethro crow a little bit Ryan. He has probably seen so many EF 5s in his day that he is just about beside himself. Better enjoy it while you can Jethro. When the blues come your way you might end up south of the border with southy and his kitty!!!!

I am sure it will be an entertaining game...saw LB first hand.  Former Falcon and Emory All-American, Harless is the Head Coach at LB.  He used to be the d-coordinator for Cave Spring. LB has a really big back and he is hard to stop. He gained 300+ yards a couple of weeks ago, in the first half.