Richlands @ Lord Botetourt

starcityfootballfan

The LB opening schedule is not impressive as the Cavaliers easily defeated Rustburg and two single A opponents ... James River and Glenvar. James River is their Botetourt County rival and although Glenvar (Roanoke County) surprised Galax in their season opener the bottom line here is that it is still Glenvar. No offense intended for my Glenvar friends. Actually, they are the ones that told me LB took them lightly last week during the first half. LB made second half and mental adjustments then rolled over the Highlanders.

As I stated previously, the LB fans are really geared up for this one and feel this is their opportunity to raise some eyebrows and gain some notoriety this Friday night. The school's administration is expecting a large crowd from Tazewell County and I hope the Richlands tradition will be well represented. I will be there for this one and I am still sticking with the Blues!

Colton out hurts no doubt but Taylor is a good back I thought a couple of times frank looked like a better back but can he handle 20 carries. I thought the same lb is 3-0 but from years past weak team they beat yes. Blues win by 3

Yes, we all know by now of the uphill battle the Blues will face against Lord Botty...however, injuries are usually a part of every football game.

Coach Mike Smith of the ATL Falcons said it best after the last game and the injuries sustained by his team.

"As I say many times, one man's misfortune is another man's opportunity and we've got some guys that we expect are going to step up and make some plays for us."

I'm not going to focus on the players unable to perform this coming week...but, I feel assured in saying those injured are encouraging, helping and cheering for their teammates who have to step up and perform against a quality opponent...who happens to be undefeated.

Blues play your best...you must be prepared mentally to face an outstanding team as Botty. Odds say this is a "no brainer" in who the favorite will be in this game. You must overcome the physicality and fatigue that says give in on this one play...this is true for the offense as well as for the defense. As the old cliche says...give it your all...and whatever the outcome, you WILL know you left it all on the field.

Yes, it's easy for me to sit behind a keyboard and do the rah- rah stuff...but, when you're winded, hurting and whatever the emotional aspect you're feeling during and after the game ...you can still walk off the field knowing, YOU, as a player couldn't have given anymore.

GO BLUES!!!

Colton out hurts no doubt but Taylor is a good back I thought a couple of times frank looked like a better back but can he handle 20 carries. I thought the same lb is 3-0 but from years past weak team they beat yes. Blues win by 3

No doubt Frank is a good FB. And that's exactly where he will stay. Look for Griffin to be the RB tomorrow night.

ROANOKE TIMES PREDICTION:

Lord Botetourt 38

Richlands 14

Although this is my favorite newspaper ... I hope that Robert Anderson is way off the mark on this. Anderson provides great coverage of high school sports here in the Roanoke Valley and is usually quite accurate in his football predictions. Prove him wrong Blues!

Lord Botetourt 38

Richlands 14

Although this is my favorite newspaper ... I hope that Robert Anderson is way off the mark on this. Anderson provides great coverage of high school sports here in the Roanoke Valley and is usually quite accurate in his football predictions. Prove him wrong Blues!

well you hoped wrong! they were due for an ass kicking like this, but on the other hand, it's not gonna be any easier next week for them either!

Lord Botetourt 38

Richlands 14

well you hoped wrong! they were due for an ass kicking like this, but on the other hand, it's not gonna be any easier next week for them either!

When has Tazewell played a team as good as LB?  I guess when everyone has stomped your tail for YEARS you need something to hate.  

When has Tazewell played a team as good as LB?  I guess when everyone has stomped your tail for YEARS you need something to hate.  

And how in the hell do you turn an ass kicking into something about Tazewell! What a bunch of cry ass babies!

i agree with ol bullshit52 the blues where due for a beat down like they got......but i don't think nobody from Tazewell can say a thing about a bad loss....the blues usally have more wins in a season than Tazewell has won the last decade...

i agree with ol bullshit52 the blues where due for a beat down like they got......but i don't think nobody from Tazewell can say a thing about a bad loss....the blues usally have more wins in a season than Tazewell has won the last decade...

And again you guys gotta throw it off on Tazewell. Come on now, this thread isn't about Tazewell!

And how in the hell do you turn an ass kicking into something about Tazewell! What a bunch of cry ass babies!

Stop the hypocrisy.  You know exactly why.  The next time you want to see a "cry ass baby" look in the mirror.  No one here complains more about all things Richlands than you Tazewell losers.  Field a decent team and then you earn the right to talk trash.  You guys would be cellar dwellers in the Hogo.   

Pay back is He@#. Guess they can"t take it.

You haven't paid anyone back, and neither has your pathetic team.  Trash talk is cheap.  Beat RHS on the field, and you can talk.  Until then, sit in the back of the bus and watch mediocre teams continue to beat your ass. 

Stop the hypocrisy.  You know exactly why.  The next time you want to see a "cry ass baby" look in the mirror.  No one here complains more about all things Richlands than you Tazewell losers.  Field a decent team and then you earn the right to talk trash.  You guys would be cellar dwellers in the Hogo.

[/quote

wow...that is almost mature and classy. As a tazewell fan, this hurts me deep!!! Lol]

[/quote

wow...that is almost mature and classy. As a tazewell fan, this hurts me deep!!! Lol]

Just responding to a couple of trash-talking punks.

@Bulldogs52:  "well you hoped wrong! they were due for an ass kicking like this, but on the other hand, it's not gonna be any easier next week for them either"!

I call that trash talking.  You call it speaking the truth.  That kind of "in your face" comment will get a response from me every time.  Call it what you like. 

What you are doing is called instigating. Every single Richlands poster on here has came out and said "we got our ass whipped by a BETTER team". We haven't made excuses. We haven't blamed refs or lights or bugs or whathaveyou. Yet you come on here and start flapping your jaw and talking trash to us. The same crap happened to me on Facebook. I publicaly state that we got beat by a better team, and every single Tazewell person I have on there jumps all over me talking trash. It's actually very comical that you guys care that much about us losing. And really sad too. So good luck the next two weeks. We will see you guys in a few.

When was the last time anyone on here actually had anything to do with the outcome of the game? Some of you never have. All that is left is talk. Most people are just sick of hearing about the mighty blues, so they take advantage of any opportunity to talk a little trash. You richlands guys should take it as a compliment instead of taking it personal. Us tazewell folks especially have taken it for a long time LOL! Just wait until the dogs actually beat the blues again, you think its bad now? I for one knew what was gonna happen at LB. I have family playing there and 2 good friends coaching up there.

Look @barondawg77, bulldogs52, and anyone else who this applies to...I have no problem with anyone talking trash.  But it's normally accepted behavior to have two sides trash talking instead of a group hug, so if you have a problem with me responding to your flames, get over it and put on your big girl panties.  Talk all you want, but be prepared to take what you pansies dish out.  Don't be a crybaby when someone responds.  If you want a group hug, start a Tazewell Football board if you don't already have one.  But the whining makes you look silly.