The Backyard Brawl: Richlands @ Tazewell

Ryan4VT

Ball is not starting. River is back at QB. Brown back at WR. And Staten is a game-time decision. I'm taking Richlands by 21+

Richlands should win this game but those Dawgs ain't a roll over like in the past I think Wagner wore down the dawgs last week with his hard running if richlands don't have staten this could be a barn burner

Richlands should win this game but those Dawgs ain't a roll over like in the past I think Wagner wore down the dawgs last week with his hard running if richlands don't have staten this could be a barn burner

Our backup was having some pretty decent success last week moving the piles on Bluefield. I think he will be a fine RB when his time comes. 

I would rather have Colton over Griffin, but I also said I would rather have Devon Johnson over Colton. Still taking the Blues to win by 14+, would never and can never pick for Tazewell! :P Should be a fun game nonetheless. Tazewell knows Richlands is down, so this will only improve the hopes and chances for Tazewell.

Tazewell shot themselves in the foot with the turnovers. And two bad calls by the refs didn't help....  The Dawgs played hell of game, they beat them on everything but the one part that matters the score board! 

Tazewell shot themselves in the foot with the turnovers. And two bad calls by the refs didn't help....  The Dawgs played hell of game, they beat them on everything but the one part that matters the score board! 

Seems like they were several calls against Richlands also? Tazewell fans please don't start with the refs crap. Richlands has taken their load of that for years. Tazewell has a young football team, that can be very, very good. So try and not run the coach off this time. And BTW, Richlands played without 3 of their top players and still made it 10 years in a row.

Seems like they were several calls against Richlands also? Tazewell fans please don't start with the refs crap. Richlands has taken their load of that for years. Tazewell has a young football team, that can be very, very good. So try and not run the coach off this time. And BTW, Richlands played without 3 of their top players and still made it 10 years in a row.

tazewell was without 3 starters also, 2 off linemen and a rb. No excuses. Richlands capitalized on the turnovers and short field. Congrats to the blues. Tazewell fought hard till the end.

Richlands was without a starting running back, both tackles, a quarterback (technically), plus Frank was hurt and Zeke got hurt half way through, so I was say injuries were all around. Tazewell played a HELL of a ball game and should have won that ball game by 6, but Richlands captialized on those turnover and the very few mistakes that Tazewell made. Hopefully this week off should help the boys get ready for the final three game push to the post season. I think the big thing that hurt Tazewell and call me crazy here, but trying the onside every time they kicked off, they had Richlands beat on yards the entire game, but that is only because they squibed it every time. As for ref goes, you will get all the compliants and I get that, but for every call on Richlands and Tazewell, I could see a reason for. Unfortunately, them rambling around the field was not wanted though, I guess they wanted to look like they didn't know what they were doing.

Seems like they were several calls against Richlands also? Tazewell fans please don't start with the refs crap. Richlands has taken their load of that for years. Tazewell has a young football team, that can be very, very good.

So try and not run the coach off this time. And BTW, Richlands played without 3 of their top players and still

made it 10 years in a row.

I even said in my post that Tazewell shot themselves in the foot! Read what's there and not what you think is there. And for the 2 bad calls YES the ref screwed the pooch with them. The onside kick was touched by the Richlands kid. He wouldn't have been smacking his helmet after the play if he knew he wouldn't have done wrong.... 2 bad call was the pass that was ruled a fumble if that was a fumble the all of Richlands screen passes should have been fumbles. ...

I even said in my post that Tazewell shot themselves in the foot! Read what's there and not what you think is there. And for the 2 bad calls YES the ref screwed the pooch with them. The onside kick was touched by the Richlands kid. He wouldn't have been smacking his helmet after the play if he knew he wouldn't have done wrong.... 2 bad call was the pass that was ruled a fumble if that was a fumble the all of Richlands screen passes should have been fumbles. ...

I was too far away to see both, but I agree with the "pass vs fumble". I even told the people I was standing with that it looked like a forward pass to me.