Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Bearcat Bob : (30 July 2016 - 02:57 AM) Most liberals get mad when you use common sense arguments to rebuke talking points. The ones who do not are usually sincere.
@  redtiger : (29 July 2016 - 02:47 PM) very well said and I agree.
@  SXSW : (29 July 2016 - 02:41 PM) I think all of are social problems that we have today, have thier roots in lack of dialogue. No one wants to hear and discuss what the other side or what the other person thinks. They are so many "keyboard warriors" out there today who hide behind a keyboard and aninaminity and post things they would never say to your face and let's face it Social media is wonderful and it has given everyone a voice and we have to at least accept the right of free speech whether we like what the other person is saying or not.
@  redtiger : (29 July 2016 - 11:47 AM) *not everyone but a lot of people
@  redtiger : (29 July 2016 - 11:44 AM) I identify as a libertarian for the most part and and see things I agree with and disagree with on both sides. I try to apply logic and the constitution to every situation. That rubs everyone the wrong way on some points.
@  sixcat : (29 July 2016 - 10:44 AM) Politicians being the only word carrying any real negative connotation. Liberal and conservative seem to be the buzz words but carry no real negativity to me.
@  sixcat : (29 July 2016 - 10:42 AM) My views largely differ from most on this board and SWVA as a whole, I suspect. Each side of the isle has talking points. Some genuine, some ridiculous. At the end of the day, they are all politicians.
@  redtiger : (29 July 2016 - 12:55 AM) This is my first major election having facebook... its been interesting. Not to mention I have views that tend to clash with something each side believes in. Why exactly are people so scared of open discussion that they resort to insults? Lack of knowledge?
@  redtiger : (29 July 2016 - 12:53 AM) I have seen several get triggered and offend others. Im dealing with one now who constantly bashes others but refuses to openly state his own beliefs, thus he can attack without having to defend
@  BHS03 : (28 July 2016 - 09:33 PM) Liberals tend to get triggered very easily.
@  UVAObserver : (28 July 2016 - 08:59 PM) I can't tell you the number of people who've deleted me from Facebook or ended friendships over political disagreements (including my best friend from high school). I find conservatives far, far more forgiving than liberals in that regard.
@  trumpet1988 : (28 July 2016 - 07:30 PM) Most people who regularly delete others over politics are so insecure over their own beliefs. It would take a lot for me to delete someone. GMan, redtiger, and I can handle a simple difference in beliefs.
@  GMan : (28 July 2016 - 06:46 PM) I didn't delete them, they deleted me. All I did was prove them wrong and they got pissed.
@  trumpet1988 : (28 July 2016 - 05:55 PM) Only time I delete people over politics and religion is when they start getting downright rude and outlandish about it.
@  SXSW : (28 July 2016 - 03:56 PM) I don't affliate with one party or another because both are full of knuckheads and thieves, I vote my conscience and leave the rest to a much higher power than I
@  SXSW : (28 July 2016 - 03:53 PM) If a person believes something in thier heart you can't change thier mind anyway and politics and religion are matters of the heart. I know what I believe in my heart and know one can change that.
@  redtiger : (28 July 2016 - 03:50 PM) Idk what your political views are as long as youre respectful of others.
@  redtiger : (28 July 2016 - 03:49 PM) Ive learned that myself. I had one "friend" and coworker who said "anyone who votes for Trump is stupid". Thats when I ended our Facebook friendship.
@  SXSW : (28 July 2016 - 03:34 PM) If you can lose a freind on Facebook over politics they weren't your friend to begin with. Friends overlook such petty items as that
@  GMan : (28 July 2016 - 02:37 PM) Well, the upcoming election has already cost me 4 friends on Facebook...oh well, their loss...

Photo
- - - - -

Seen on Mountain District Forum