Virginia High @ Richlands II

V-Cats

Mance always chooses to play on a Friday night at the Ernie when he has a choice.

One thing to consider in this game, two of the VA High  football coaches were coaching at Richlands last year.

These coaches know the tendencies and the indepth idiosyncrasies

of all of the Richlands players except maybe for the freshmen. Not only does Richlands have to prepare for a team they've played and beaten in the regular season, but many of the newer plays they developed for the regular season game, are not new to VA High anymore. VA High probably has more in depth knowledge of the Richlands football program than any other team they've prepared against.

That being said..."it is what it is"...and you try to prep the best you can against another team who intimately knows your program inside and out. Ultimately, it comes down to the players executing ...and with both teams playing better in the latter part of the season (and healthy)... also, both advancing to the second round of the playoffs...the ole saying is true..."whichever team wants it most and makes the least mistakes wins this game."

With all of the above being said, I'm a Richlands' fan and believe we can win this game... I'm sure the VA High fans believe they can win too.

Completely different system and coaching staff. Any familiarity is going to be very minor and mostly of the personnel variety.

Regardless of the different system that you run, Wells and Davis know OUR system. It makes it hard for us to call a play because Wells and Davis know Mance like the back of their hand. That's what he's saying.

We have a little more than that Bob. You must not know Marion very well.

Yep. You have some National Forest which used to be decent hunting near Sugar Grove. There is the trout hatchery. And there is always Western States. But athletically? Let me know where I am wrong?

Did not start this, but I will defend VHS. Some of you Marion fans have a serious case of sour grapes.

Mance always chooses to play on a Friday night at the Ernie when he has a choice.

One thing to consider in this game, two of the VA High  football coaches were coaching at Richlands last year.

These coaches know the tendencies and the indepth idiosyncrasies

of all of the Richlands players except maybe for the freshmen. Not only does Richlands have to prepare for a team they've played and beaten in the regular season, but many of the newer plays they developed for the regular season game, are not new to VA High anymore. VA High probably has more in depth knowledge of the Richlands football program than any other team they've prepared against.

That being said..."it is what it is"...and you try to prep the best you can against another team who intimately knows your program inside and out. Ultimately, it comes down to the players executing ...and with both teams playing better in the latter part of the season (and healthy)... also, both advancing to the second round of the playoffs...the ole saying is true..."whichever team wants it most and makes the least mistakes wins this game."

With all of the above being said, I'm a Richlands' fan and believe we can win this game... I'm sure the VA High fans believe they can win too.

I am sure VHS benefitted against Gretna from having advice from the Blacksburg coaching staff. Sure won't hurt against Richlands that VHS' staff is very familiar with Mance. And history seems to side with the team that lost the first time in rematches of teams that are fairly close.

VHS hasn't been significantly relevant for several years in football. I hope this is the beginning of their upcurve. I doubt VHS will win the state so they have to lose sometime. May or may not be this week. Regardless, they are starting to make a foot print in SWVA football (I hope).

Looking forward to a good game against a very good team. Much like I said about Gretna, I believe we either win a close one or get blown out.

Regardless of the different system that you run, Wells and Davis know OUR system. It makes it hard for us to call a play because Wells and Davis know Mance like the back of their hand. That's what he's saying.

Eh, I don't put a lot of stock in that though. This isn't the NFL, tendencies are too varied, and there are too many changes.

To a point, but success has much more to do with execution.

Execution is determined by how well a play is played. It's a lot easier to execute plays when you have an idea what the other team is going to do in certain situations. Ask any coach in the area if they prefer having game film or not. 100% would take the game film if given a choice.

Scared of what

Must be VHS as you seem very preoccupied with us.

By the way, too bad we didn't bet on the score differential between our respective games. Appo +30 over Marion...VHS +5 over Gretna = the most hilarious thing I have seen in a while, to paraphrase you!.

Yep. You have some National Forest which used to be decent hunting near Sugar Grove. There is the trout hatchery. And there is always Western States. But athletically? Let me know where I am wrong?

Did not start this, but I will defend VHS. Some of you Marion fans have a serious case of sour grapes.

Western States? I believe you mean Southern States. But anyway, you need to worry about Richlands instead of commenting on what you apparently know nothing about.

I believe Jethro is south bounds twin so I stopped responding to him a long time ago. Without a doubt it matters that Coach Davis and Coach Wells is on the other side of the field. With the exception of maybe two starters they have been with these young men since 8th grade and in some cases longer. They know there strengths and weaknesses very well. So we have to except that and prepare for that. Then on the flip side Mance knows them very well. After all Mance took Wells under his wings and helped Coach Wells become the respectable Coach he has become. So it evens out to a point.

When it comes down to it I agree with my friends on here that it comes down to execution, turnovers and heart. I believe the Bearcats have the better athletes and speed. That being said Richlands will be ready to play. They will be well coached and fundamentally sound. They will also hit you hard. They have showed a level of intensity the past couple of games that this team just hadn't showed up till now.

I do have respect for the Bearcats and the way they have been playing. When you go to Gretna and beat them.....You now have everybody's attention!!!!! They for sure have Coach Mance and the Blues attention.

Be there early it should be over flowing at Ernie Hicks Friday Night. May the better team win and I hope its the Blues!!!!

I think Richlands is scared.

BahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Western States? I believe you mean Southern States. But anyway, you need to worry about Richlands instead of commenting on what you apparently know nothing about.

Not quite...I meant Southwestern States mental institution. But you still didn't refute my assertion that the only athlete you have to hang your hat on is Handley. Prove me wrong. And just because Nolan Ryan passed through the town doesn't count.

You and canes00 have a serious case of sour grapes and just can't give it a rest. I suggest you switch your focus from VHS football to Marion basketball.

P.S.: canes00: No comment about the Marion/ Appo game being closer than VHS/Gretna? Care to go double or nothing on this weeks game? Oh never mind, your team is on the hardcourt not the gridiron. Maybe next year?

Not quite...I meant Southwestern States mental institution. But you still didn't correct my assertion that the only athlete of substance to come out of Marion was Handley. Prove me wrong. And just because Nolan Ryan passed through the town doesn't count.

You and canes00 have a serious case of sour grapes and just can't give it a rest. I suggest you switch your focus from VHS football to Marion basketball.

you will be switching your focus to VA High basketball after Friday nights game and I don't need u to suggest anything to me