Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  UVAObserver : (02 February 2015 - 12:09 AM) Brady moving the ball awfully well, though, turnovers aside. Some offensive PI being missed, though.
@  UVAObserver : (02 February 2015 - 12:02 AM) But enough about weak-minded people...how's about this defensive display through the first quarter?
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 11:03 PM) Flipping Android.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 11:02 PM) But by all meams, continue to make yourself look even more unintelligent. I'm sure there's a dimension where that's possible.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 11:00 PM) Uh, LOL, no. You berated fine folks like Canes, Bob, and I for ststing that UVA indeed could beat UK and do so in more than just fluke scenarios. This is yet another example of you flipping your narrative. Son, you're messing with the wrong huckleberry. Others on your almighty LPD board might not call you out on such intellectual dishonesty. Not me.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 10:52 PM) Especially a team that is sub-100 at the one defensive variable we do not excel.
@  BigWinners : (01 February 2015 - 10:04 PM) And I also just said I think UVA is capable of winning a title and beating UK, but I guess since it does not fit your narrative it does not count.
@  BigWinners : (01 February 2015 - 10:03 PM) Athleticism is subjective. But it can also be a fact. LeBron James is a better athlete than I am-Fact, even tho athleticism is subjective. You think jumping on typo's makes you look intelligent? LOL I like how you keep avoiding the question. Does Virginia have better athletes as a whole than Kentucky has on their roster? You can tout your intellectual superiority all you want, it doesn't mean you're right. But if it makes you feel better, by all means continue.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 10:00 PM) If Texas Cow College can take a team to 2 OT, I know UVA can beat them.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 10:00 PM) But by all means, continue to run your clueless trap. Keep digging the hole, son. I'm not going anywhere, especially since I know I can argue circles around someone who can't understand that "atleticism" is subjective.
@  BigWinners : (01 February 2015 - 09:59 PM) Do you still believe that UVA has better athletes than Kentucky?
@  BigWinners : (01 February 2015 - 09:59 PM) Except you.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 09:57 PM) You haven't proven anyone wrong in your short time here. You have, however, been made look a fool by anyone who has cared enough to make an effort.
@  BigWinners : (01 February 2015 - 09:56 PM) UVA will force every team to play their game-False, Duke did not last night. UVA has better athletes than UK-False, ask any non-UVA fan or non-UK hater and they will tell you the obvious.
@  BigWinners : (01 February 2015 - 09:55 PM) haha says the person that has been proved wrong at every turn.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 09:54 PM) Yes, you've thrown temper tantrums every single time someone dared question your "vast" "wealth" of "knowledge". If you want to continue getting made look like an idiot, I will oblige you to your heart's content. You're bringing a rubber ball to my mental cannon fight.
@  BigWinners : (01 February 2015 - 09:52 PM) My logic is sound. Explain.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 09:51 PM) Also, learn logic. Your logic is bad.
@  BigWinners : (01 February 2015 - 09:51 PM) Im mad? LOL you are the one that is furious that Duke did not play UVA's game and beat them. How many open layups did Duke have in the first half? How many times did UVA score off of offensive rebounds, which is not a big part of UVA's game? Just admit that UVA is an elite team, a very good team that could win the national championship, but they are not invincible, teams can take them out of their rhythm if those teams are super athletic and talented, and that they dont quite have the level of athlete that UK has. UVA has better all around basketball players, but UK has better athletes.
@  UVAObserver : (01 February 2015 - 09:49 PM) Duke got a few fast break opportunities in the first half. That happened on exactly 1 possession in the 2nd half, as UVA's lead grew to 11. Yeah, buddy, that's really "taking them out of their game". It's hilarious how dim-witted you're being over this. Almost as funny as seeing how mad you get. Dance, puppet...

Photo
- - - - -

Jamies Winston

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thevols

thevols

Freshman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

What do you guys think about this mess? I think it will go to court since they now have proof of DNA in the accuser's underwear.

Question for UVAObserver- How tough will it be to prove consensual vs. nonconsensual sex in this case?

#2 UVAObserver

UVAObserver

UVA Fan

• Members
  • 9,148 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

It's going to be awfully tough for the alleged victim in this matter. 

(1) The alleged victim's roommate has submitted an Affidavit that is very much supportive of Winston. 

(2) Facebook/Twitter shows a relationship that was established before the incident and continued on good terms well after.

(3) The alleged victim's statements do not stack up favorably when contrasted with that timeline.

(4) There's a significant lack of medical evidence within 72 hours following the incident.

(5) The alleged victim has tried to downplay the event in the few months preceding the public leak.

Frankly, with the evidence we know now, it looks like a case where both were likely drunk, and a case where remorse =/ rape.

I'm either right, or there's a perfectly logical explanation why I was wrong.

51,161 days.

2JopaRm.gif

#3 Hacker

Hacker

VIP

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

IMHO, this one is all about the civil suit to come.
The harder I work, the luckier I become.

#4 thevols

thevols

Freshman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

It's going to be awfully tough for the alleged victim in this matter. 

(1) The alleged victim's roommate has submitted an Affidavit that is very much supportive of Winston. 
(2) Facebook/Twitter shows a relationship that was established before the incident and continued on good terms well after.
(3) The alleged victim's statements do not stack up favorably when contrasted with that timeline.
(4) There's a significant lack of medical evidence within 72 hours following the incident.
(5) The alleged victim has tried to downplay the event in the few months preceding the public leak.

Frankly, with the evidence we know now, it looks like a case where both were likely drunk, and a case where remorse =/ rape.

I think your last statement is probably true on both of them being drunk and then the remorse showed up the next morning.
Trial or no trial, this will cost the kid a lot. Jamies reputation and his decision making will be questioned. A possible Heisman, endorsements and maybe even slipping in the draft. I watched a little of First Take today and they had Robert Smith on as a guest, he said as a Heisman voter, that he would not vote for Jamies.

#5 UVAObserver

UVAObserver

UVA Fan

• Members
  • 9,148 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

I think your last statement is probably true on both of them being drunk and then the remorse showed up the next morning.
Trial or no trial, this will cost the kid a lot. Jamies reputation and his decision making will be questioned. A possible Heisman, endorsements and maybe even slipping in the draft. I watched a little of First Take today and they had Robert Smith on as a guest, he said as a Heisman voter, that he would not vote for Jamies.

I believe that the damage to Winston's reputation has already been done, very true. I think Winston would counter-sue for defamation if there's any civil suit coming against him.

51,161 days.

2JopaRm.gif

#6 sportsfan

sportsfan

Middle School

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

UVAObserver, what do you make of this lengthy period of time the DA is exercising in their decision to charge Winston?  Is this good or bad for Winston in your experience?

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

#7 UVAObserver

UVAObserver

UVA Fan

• Members
  • 9,148 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

UVAObserver, what do you make of this lengthy period of time the DA is exercising in their decision to charge Winston?  Is this good or bad for Winston in your experience?

I don't make particularly much of the timing. I know the media's in "of course it comes out now" mode. Residing in this world, I can tell you that I represent clients with offenses dating back a considerable length of time (had one going back to 1994, I kid you not). The statutes of limitations on criminal offenses are almost excessively lengthy, but they are so to give the Commonwealth/State adequate time to build cases in often delicate matters.

I'm inclined to believe the prosecution. The timing is just unfortunate.

The DA knows of Winston's notoriety. He's going to make sure every protocol is followed to the T. There's millions of dollars riding on it if there isn't.
  • sportsfan likes this

51,161 days.

2JopaRm.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users