Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  GMan : (12 February 2016 - 11:48 PM)
@  Bearcat Bob : (12 February 2016 - 09:21 PM) That is what I meant. Way too much just throwing meds at problems.
@  Bearcat Bob : (12 February 2016 - 09:19 PM) I had an employees dad call raising cane because her performance eval was not "positive" enough.
@  UVAObserver : (12 February 2016 - 09:19 PM) There's strong medical literature to suggest that as much as 95% of ADHD diagnoses are incorrect. People talk about health care reform, but overprescribing and incorrectly prescribing medication is #1 by a light year over whatever #2 is.
@  UVAObserver : (12 February 2016 - 09:17 PM) But it does make me cringe to see what people not that much younger than me are doing. It's an embarrassment.
@  Bearcat Bob : (12 February 2016 - 09:16 PM) Adderall...
@  UVAObserver : (12 February 2016 - 09:15 PM) 1980s kids shouldn't be lumped with Millennials. There's a real cutoff around 1989 where I start seeing more and more of the negative qualities of young adults start manifesting themselves.
@  sixcat : (12 February 2016 - 03:30 PM) @Gman and @Bearcat Bob, sounds all too familiar!
@  Bearcat Bob : (12 February 2016 - 01:40 PM) And we were paying this untrained, no experienced "kid" $17 per hour.
@  Bearcat Bob : (12 February 2016 - 01:39 PM) GMan...we go through the same stuff all the time. I had to terminate the employment of a 24 year old because he missed at least 2 days a week. Our folks only work 4 10 hour days per week. When I informed him of the termination, he was astounded. He said thtat showing up at least half the time was good enough.
@  cityofRaven : (11 February 2016 - 09:13 PM) @GMan, I really hate that I am apart of this generation...
@  GMan : (11 February 2016 - 09:00 PM) My day...I've had two phone calls from former employees needing their W-2s because they weren't responsible enough to contact us prior to year's end with their new mailing addresses. The first call, the 23-year-old male had to ask his mother what his mailing address was, then says to her (I can hear him through the phone) "here, you give him the address". Second phone call was for 26-year-old male who had to have his mommy call and get his W-2 because he didn't know how to do it. No wonder this Country is going to Hell in a hand basket...
@  UVAObserver : (11 February 2016 - 04:27 AM) I called VT at 5-13 on another site.
@  UVAObserver : (11 February 2016 - 04:27 AM) I gave BC 0 wins. Called the reverse perfection. I had VT 12th, ahead of Wake and GT.
@  Bearcat Bob : (11 February 2016 - 02:25 AM) I hear Ricky Bobby exclaiming in the darkness that if you ain't winning...
@  hokiebird7 : (11 February 2016 - 12:40 AM) Maybe so but even before season i doubt they would have the last place team with only 1 win...probably 2...looking at it now BC may win zero unless they beat us up there...which could happen
@  Ryan4VT : (11 February 2016 - 12:02 AM) If you pick BC last, you give them 1 win tops. VT at 14th would be 2 wins top.
@  hokiebird7 : (10 February 2016 - 11:48 PM) And who knows who knows more about the ACC teams
@  hokiebird7 : (10 February 2016 - 11:48 PM) I would say if we were predicted 14th they would have us with more than 1 or 2 wins...maybe just 3 but no way they would pick us 14th with only 1 conference win and doubtful of 2
@  Ryan4VT : (10 February 2016 - 11:41 PM) And I'm sure if the ACC media picked W/L records, we would have 1, maybe 2 wins predicted by them. Even some at CBS had us 13th and 14th. I'm so impressed with the culture Buzz is growing.

Photo
- - - - -

Jamies Winston

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thevols

thevols

Freshman

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

What do you guys think about this mess? I think it will go to court since they now have proof of DNA in the accuser's underwear.

Question for UVAObserver- How tough will it be to prove consensual vs. nonconsensual sex in this case?

#2 UVAObserver

UVAObserver

UVA Fan

• Members
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

It's going to be awfully tough for the alleged victim in this matter. 

(1) The alleged victim's roommate has submitted an Affidavit that is very much supportive of Winston. 

(2) Facebook/Twitter shows a relationship that was established before the incident and continued on good terms well after.

(3) The alleged victim's statements do not stack up favorably when contrasted with that timeline.

(4) There's a significant lack of medical evidence within 72 hours following the incident.

(5) The alleged victim has tried to downplay the event in the few months preceding the public leak.

Frankly, with the evidence we know now, it looks like a case where both were likely drunk, and a case where remorse =/ rape.

I'm either right, or there's a perfectly logical explanation why I was wrong.

52,458 days.

2JopaRm.gif

#3 Hacker

Hacker

VIP

• Members
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

IMHO, this one is all about the civil suit to come.
The harder I work, the luckier I become.

#4 thevols

thevols

Freshman

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

It's going to be awfully tough for the alleged victim in this matter. 

(1) The alleged victim's roommate has submitted an Affidavit that is very much supportive of Winston. 
(2) Facebook/Twitter shows a relationship that was established before the incident and continued on good terms well after.
(3) The alleged victim's statements do not stack up favorably when contrasted with that timeline.
(4) There's a significant lack of medical evidence within 72 hours following the incident.
(5) The alleged victim has tried to downplay the event in the few months preceding the public leak.

Frankly, with the evidence we know now, it looks like a case where both were likely drunk, and a case where remorse =/ rape.

I think your last statement is probably true on both of them being drunk and then the remorse showed up the next morning.
Trial or no trial, this will cost the kid a lot. Jamies reputation and his decision making will be questioned. A possible Heisman, endorsements and maybe even slipping in the draft. I watched a little of First Take today and they had Robert Smith on as a guest, he said as a Heisman voter, that he would not vote for Jamies.

#5 UVAObserver

UVAObserver

UVA Fan

• Members
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

I think your last statement is probably true on both of them being drunk and then the remorse showed up the next morning.
Trial or no trial, this will cost the kid a lot. Jamies reputation and his decision making will be questioned. A possible Heisman, endorsements and maybe even slipping in the draft. I watched a little of First Take today and they had Robert Smith on as a guest, he said as a Heisman voter, that he would not vote for Jamies.

I believe that the damage to Winston's reputation has already been done, very true. I think Winston would counter-sue for defamation if there's any civil suit coming against him.

52,458 days.

2JopaRm.gif

#6 sportsfan

sportsfan

Middle School

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

UVAObserver, what do you make of this lengthy period of time the DA is exercising in their decision to charge Winston?  Is this good or bad for Winston in your experience?

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

#7 UVAObserver

UVAObserver

UVA Fan

• Members
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

UVAObserver, what do you make of this lengthy period of time the DA is exercising in their decision to charge Winston?  Is this good or bad for Winston in your experience?

I don't make particularly much of the timing. I know the media's in "of course it comes out now" mode. Residing in this world, I can tell you that I represent clients with offenses dating back a considerable length of time (had one going back to 1994, I kid you not). The statutes of limitations on criminal offenses are almost excessively lengthy, but they are so to give the Commonwealth/State adequate time to build cases in often delicate matters.

I'm inclined to believe the prosecution. The timing is just unfortunate.

The DA knows of Winston's notoriety. He's going to make sure every protocol is followed to the T. There's millions of dollars riding on it if there isn't.
  • sportsfan likes this

52,458 days.

2JopaRm.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users