next year

ojrussell

I have heard a couple of people talk about Battle's tougher schedule next year. Who do they play next year that they didn't play this year?

No one. Everyones schedule from this year is the same as last year, just home and away will be flipped.

I have heard a couple of people talk about Battle's tougher schedule next year. Who do they play next year that they didn't play this year?

I didn't mean the schedule was changing. It'll be the same teams, but everyone seems to be getting better each year. I remember last year when Battle made it to the semi finals and everyone was talking about how down EVERYONE was except for Battle. Now, the teams that Battle has on their schedule are getting better (there were a lot of young teams last year and they're all getting experienced now while Battle will be fairly young next year).

I'd say GC and Richlands will rule the area (as far as the 2A schools are concerned). Does Battle return their qb? If so, he'll be one of the best in the area, but I'm not sure who he'll throw to. VHS of course loses Brown, Kiser, the baseball players, and a few lineman, could be hard to bounce back & Ivan Moore is by no means a lock to start at qb again

V-Cats don't sleep on Giles next year....we have alot returning and have done pretty well this year(SO FAR)....about all of our skill players are back and we are very young at some positions so we should be ok next year.

But I will worry about next year after saturday LOL

I'd say GC and Richlands will rule the area (as far as the 2A schools are concerned). Does Battle return their qb? If so, he'll be one of the best in the area, but I'm not sure who he'll throw to. VHS of course loses Brown, Kiser, the baseball players, and a few lineman, could be hard to bounce back & Ivan Moore is by no means a lock to start at qb again

Yes, Logan Honaker will be back next year for Battle (he's a junior this year). I know Coach Wright and his staff can/will build a good team out of what they have returning and coming up. Next season will also be a good test for VHS's new head coach to see how well he'll work in this situation.

Richlands will be fortunate to even think about making it as far as this year. In my opinion we will field a very good team with potential to be good. Coach Mance just seems to have such a good system in place that the boys have to work so hard that no matter the talent he gets results. That's a combination of Great coaching, hard working dedicated boys and a great fan base that equals a pretty doggone good football team.

I personally think Gate City, Richlands and Tazewell in 2A next season will fight for the top spot in our district.

Graham loses a lot of seniors, but return several players in key positions....and Coach Williams has an excellent weight lifting / conditioning program... so I look for Graham to be solid again.... What they will need more than anything is speed......hopefully they will find some speed somewhere....

Burton could be very tough next season and the one after. They have the potential to have a dominating defense. Offense will struggle some but the defense will win a lot of games for them

Burton plays defense?! JK. A lot of people have said the last few years that Burton would just let other teams score so they could get back to scoring themselves, lol.

• 1 month later...

Graham loses a lot of seniors, but return several players in key positions....and Coach Williams has an excellent weight lifting / conditioning program... so I look for Graham to be solid again.... What they will need more than anything is speed......hopefully they will find some speed somewhere....

i am surprised we aren't seeing more posts about Graham. Every day it seems I hear someone is quitting, the staff has all been fired or some negative smut. I would like to hear something positive about the team we will field next season. Anybody got anything?

True story. All assistant coaches were told to re-apply. Assistants jobs posted on tcps website

#1-  "All" as in "all at Graham" or "all" as in "all assistant coaches in the TCPS system"???

#2-  Who is responsible for this decision?

#1-  "All" as in "all at Graham" or "all" as in "all assistant coaches in the TCPS system"???

#2-  Who is responsible for this decision?

Every Coach except Williams, including Middle School, was relieved of duty and told they could re-apply.

#1- "All" as in "all at Graham" or "all" as in "all assistant coaches in the TCPS system"???

#2- Who is responsible for this decision?

All graham assistants. I hear it is the head coaches decision. Bold move on his part though, hard to hire assistant in this county. Especially when the good ones from other schools are gonna want jobs. (Salem guys??)

Every Coach except Williams, including Middle School, was relieved of duty and told they could re-apply.

This sounds like "rifting", which is the norm these days for most school districts.  Personal merit matters nil.

I know this is how McDowell, WV operates.  It's a tool for each district to get its fill on the most experienced, best-educated teachers.  I have mixed feelings about the policy, but there are pros and cons.  Though if you don't have a Masters or Doctorate, prepare to be rifted.  Even if you are, though, there's about a 99.99% chance you'll get your job back. 

This team is not a "well oiled machine" I am afraid this is a set back that makes for a real mess come next season, I am hearing too many rumors of kids leaving or just not playing at all. This is becoming all to common at Graham. We are already graduating a pretty big senior class we can't afford to lose any underclassmen. All of this said I think we are looking at a 3-4 win season, I hope I am wrong.

This team is not a "well oiled machine" I am afraid this is a set back that makes for a real mess come next season, I am hearing too many rumors of kids leaving or just not playing at all. This is becoming all to common at Graham. We are already graduating a pretty big senior class we can't afford to lose any underclassmen. All of this said I think we are looking at a 3-4 win season, I hope I am wrong.

Again, with rifting, it's a virtual certainty everyone returns.