For those who were at the Giles/Brunswick game...

dshreeves

If that wasn't the best game you've ever witnessed in person, tell us what was please.

For me the only one that compares is the Appalachia/Powell Valley game from 1997.

Giles/Brunswick & Amherst County/Salem in 2006 are probably the best I've seen in person.

We love any points difference in a state championship game whether it's 1 point or 20 points.....you can't expect anything less once you get to a title game...both teams are there for a reason...because they are pretty darn good and in the case this weekend both team were better than just good  and the game showed it....2 evenly matched teams and it's really a shame someone had to lose that game...but i sure as heck am glad it was brunswick that lost and not us.....i do feel bad for their kicker though...tough way to lose a state title game for sure but kudos to brunswick one hell of a football team

Storybook!!!!! A game that legends are made about.  Fourth down, seconds to go, last chance, a dominate run team throws a pass to the corner of the end zone. Still shaking my head. Just pure desire no give up..

Congrats to Giles,  A memory that will live for years and years.

Giles must really love the 1 point state championship wins don't they? Looks like 3 of the 4 were by a point.

Powell Valley's first three football championships were that way too.

I was not at the state championship game Saturday but I would say a couple of games that stood out to me were 1997 PV/Appy and 2004 PV/Gate City regular season game.

Wasn't there for the Giles game but it reminded me of the playoff game in 2002 ( I believe ) between GC and George Wythe.  Overtime game that was won by George Wythe when GC missed the extra point to tie it up.  Greatest game I have ever seen.

What happened on the x-pt last weekend?  Heard the kicker made the first one but had to re-kick because of a penalty or something.  Was it Giles in regulation or Brunswick in OT?

Giles pulled their extra point wide left at the end of the fourth quarter.

In OT, Brunswick made their XP, but there was a false start penalty, so they had to re-kick (25 yarder, instead of 20).  That one missed wide right.  (Giles had already scored on their OT possession, so the miss ended the game)

Powell Valley's first three football championships were that way too.

I was not at the state championship game Saturday but I would say a couple of games that stood out to me were 1997 PV/Appy and 2004 PV/Gate City regular season game.

You are forgetting the two games between GC and PV in 2001. PV won in OT in the regular season and GC won the playoff game.