Malcom Brogdon

I've loved the way Brogdon has played since ACC play has started. He has been a hugh part of the run they are having right now. I've also been pleasantly surprised with Perrantes and the way he has came In to the system and runs the offensive in a way that suites Bennett's style and has taken care of the ball the way he has. Gonna be fun watching this team for the foreseeable future with losing Harris and Mitchell but replacing them with Stith,Wilkins, and Salt. I really think Wilkins will be a beast by the time he leaves Grounds.

Actually Observer that was me. I've been following Greater ATL Christian's sports programs for about six years..

I've watched the vid several times since the win. ( I try and watch the games when I know they're being aired). In watching Malcolm play his high school BB at GAC, you knew then he had the ability to play at the next level. Also, as you mentioned, he's an even better person.

His demeanor and maturity on the court in high school, even then, was "beyond" his actual years on this earth. I remember some article regarding the Cavs in his first year ...his teammates were asked who on the team could be a future President...they named Malcolm. This speaks volumes about this young man. GAC is very proud to have him as a grad.

Another Greater ATL Christian player you'll be getting next year...Isaiah Wilkins. Isaiah is a different player than Malcolm...more lean and long... and seemingly can just "float in the air." (GAC is undefeated at the present 23-0). Isaiah is also a team player...he assumes any role required in a game. Eddie Martin, the head BB coach at GAC is the glue of this outstanding program.

There's  another player that comes off the bench for the Cavs from the ATL area. I, also, saw him play in HS . Evan Nolte, he played for Milton HS. What is ironic...Greater ATL Christian and Milton played in the championship game at the Arby's Classic tournament in December in Bristol.

My apologies, trublue. Credit where credit's due!

Brogdon's a guy you want to see succeed and succeed abundantly. Coming back from a career-threatening injury is one thing, but to do it and improve production? That just doesn't happen.

I had forgotten that Nolte was from that area, too. Pipelines are a good thing. It's how we were able to swing Gill when he left South Carolina.

I can't wait to see Wilkins in action. He'll come in and replace Mitchell, which will be no east task. Tony likes players who can fluidly cover different positions, and I expect that he'll be asked to spell Tobey at 5 and Gill/Nolte/Atkins at the 4 when Tony goes to more offensive lineups.

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Malcolm Brogdon (a Greater ATL Christian grad) and his teammates for winning the ACC!!!

Another Greater ATL Christian player, a senior, UVA commit, Isaiah Wilkins and his teammates will be playing Friday, March 7 at 4:45 p.m. in Macon for their second consecutive AA State Title. If they win, this will be the boys 4th. title in 5 years... Malcolm was instrumental in the first two titles. The game will be streamed live on GPB.org at the following link...( it should be free.)

http://www.gpb.org/sports/basketball/match/2014/03/07/class-aa-boys-state-basketball-tournament

(Also, announced today, GAC Senior Justin Lewis has signed a letter of intent to play baseball at the University of Kentucky. Justin, a forward, is also a starter on the Spartan basketball team.

The 6-foot-6, right-handed pitcher and shortstop had a 1.69 ERA as a junior. He chose KY over other D1 offers.)

GAC is 31-0 and ranked #12 in the nation by USA Today.

Greater ATL Christian played and beat Hamilton (Memphis) in the Arby's Classic in Bristol in December...Hamilton (Memphis) beat the currently ranked #8 team in the nation by USA Today, White Station HS (Memphis) 81-78 in the Region 8-AAA tournament.

Congrats to  Malcolm...

Malcolm Brogdon named the CBSSports.com National Player of the Week.

LINK

EXCERPT:

"It's surreal when you think about it," Brogdon told reporters after Saturday's historic win, and it really must be for this Georgia native who wasn't even a top-100 prospect coming out of high school. But that's the past. The present has Brogdon as the leading scorer on a team now ranked fifth in the Associated Press poll and sixth in the Top 25

• 1 year later...

Outstanding young man and a talented BB player...GAC fans are proud of you....

Brian Woodson retweeted

great state

• 3 months later...

What an outstanding and well balanced young man...the following article is a great read...Greater ATL Christian is very proud...(GACS also has other outstanding graduates making a difference in the world...a Rhodes scholar and 3 Fulbright scholars to list just a few honors bestowed)

Eric Hobeck Retweeted

Malcolm Brogdon knows his impact can extend well beyond the hardwood (via @byDavidGardner)

http://on.si.com/1Wo6UJS     pic.twitter.com/MWko8vefvr

CSlE0XqWEAAw-FB.jpg

excerpt:

“In my family, graduating and getting your bachelor’s is just the beginning,†Brogdon says. “It’s only expected. You’re underachieving if you don’t strive for more than that.â€

Brogdon’s great-grandparents were college educated. His grandfather on his mother’s side has a master’s in divinity, and his grandmother a doctorate in education. His father, Mitchell, is a lawyer and mediator in Atlanta; his mother has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and is the associate provost for faculty at Morehouse College. His oldest brother, Gino, is a practicing attorney in Atlanta. His other brother, John, is also in law school at Howard. And every one of them believes that Malcolm is the most dedicated and driven member of the family.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't want to start a new thread for this...and since Malcolm is a UVA BB Player from GA...I got a laugh out of it...:)

Eric Hobeck Retweeted

The #UVA-GW game on Monday night has been moved to...Georgia? Heh, whoops. (Not really.)

http://www.streakingthelawn.com/virginia-cavaliers-basketball/2015/11/15/9739434/virginia-cavaliers-george-washington-colonials-location-change-whoops?utm_campaign=streakingthelawn&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter â€¦

great state

• 3 months later...

Malcolm was a man among boys tonight. And 13 RBs for Wilkins. Any more boys at GACS we can mold? ;)

A long response Observer... following is "some" reading for the board:

It would be great if players as Malcolm and Isaiah were floating around the halls of GAC...but...!!!

However, there are  some  good players on the present team...

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/gac/gac-boys-clamp-down-on-holy-innocents-in--/article_00c3c628-bc0e-11e5-8bfb-b3c8d1b54e16.html

The kid mentioned at the end of above article : Wendell Carter, Jr.(rated a 5 star) playing for Pace Academy...is a highly sought after BB phenom...( don't think he's committed yet.) As the article stated GAC beat them earlier in the year but lost to them in the game mentioned in the last sentence.

http://www.usab.com/basketball/players/mens/c/carter-jr-wendell.aspx

Another good story below about GAC's BB Danish student...I was at the introduction of the boys and girls BB preseason this year...  3 PT. shooting  was one of the featured events...the kid moved around the arc  shooting threes....didn't miss many.

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/gac/danish-import-jacob-hoffman-s-basketball-journey-at-greater-atlanta/article_28f32126-1352-521f-857b-ae4f260d941d.html

There IS  a highly sought after athlete at GAC with over 20 offers ...a JR. this past season....and he plays football...QB.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec-news/jim-harbaugh-shows-up-at-high-school-of-georgia-quarterback

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Stanford-offers-four-star-2017-QB-38556984

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/208714/davis-mills

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1572401-michigan-s-jim-harbaugh-offers-2017-qb-davis

Saw on ESPN today, Dylan McCaffrey, the QB of Valor HS near Denver CO has committed to the University of MI.  Dylan is the younger brother of Christian McCaffrey, runner up in the Heisman this year.  

GAC will be traveling to play Valor Christian School in football this coming season...Valor Christian won their 6th state title in seven years in 5A this past season.  GAC will be moving up to AAA this year in the GHSA.

• 4 weeks later...

• 9 months later...

And now, Malcolm Brogdon has been formally honored by the Virginia House of Delegates.

I have a feeling that #15 will never be worn again.

Congratulations to Malcolm ...UVA announcing today his number will be retired.  Outstanding young man and human being...watched him play in high school at Greater ATL Christian School and help win two BB state championships in AA for the school. 

Link: Malcolm Brogdon To Have Number Retired By Virginia

By: Kris Wright

December 15, 2016

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...