New Coaching Hires

OLINE77

I find it odd that the 3 new head coaches hired at Abingdon, George Wythe and Fort Chiswell all have poor winning percentages that past 2-3 years

12-49 all 3 combined the last 2 seasons

Coach 1 (4-16)

Coach 2 (4-17)

Coach 3 (4-16)

I'm a little surprised Allen opted to leave Tazewell although i hear George Wythe is pretty loaded

So, Tazewell is looking for another coach? How many does this make in the last 10 years?

Fort has made a humongous mistake, Tom ran off and belittled quite a few coaches at Carroll and the end a lot of players left also. I guess Robbie Patton -the principal at fort- working with Tom hale at Carroll meant more than it should have.

Fort has made a humongous mistake, Tom ran off and belittled quite a few coaches at Carroll and the end a lot of players left also. I guess Robbie Patton -the principal at fort- working with Tom hale at Carroll meant more than it should have.

I was told early in the week that Hale had the inside track to that job simply because of Patton, actually.

I cant say that I understand taking coaches with bad records. To me if a coach is around .500 that's fine, talent fluctuates in HS but to have a really bad record means you simply didn't get the job done. And only staying at a HC job for a couple of years shows lack of dedication to me. Not what I would want in a HC. I dont know any of the men personally but from the look of it none had strong resumes. 

I'm a little surprised Allen opted to leave Tazewell although i hear George Wythe is pretty loaded

I would be surprised too, somebody else took that job.  Also, didn't Tazewell beat George Wythe last season...and is only losing 3 seniors?  I was glad to hear somebody else took the GW job.  Tazewell could use the stability.  Tazewell just may be the best team in Tazewell Co. next season.

• 1 month later...

Graham Coaches...  

Varsity                                                                               

Head Coach            Mike Williams  

Assistants:              Tony Palmer, John Hinkle, J.K. Goins, Nicholas Leftwich                 

Middle School

Head  Coach:       Justin Gray

Assistant               Derrick Sessor