2015-16; 2016-17 Alignment plans

Beamerball

Ridgeview will be 30 minutes from 23 and 50 minutes from 460. I see Ridgeview having a hard time finding out of district/conference teams. I imagine there will be a couple of KY schools on the schedule in all sports.

Lebanon and John Battle should be in "Conf 39" and Grayson out. why is Grayson not in 38 anyway????

I don't have any definitive information but at first glance but Radford and Fort Chiswell continued rise and fall between group A and AA could be a factor.  Conference 38 only has 5 schools while conference 39 has 7 but when the alignments were first proposed, Fort Chiswell and Radford were both in AA Conference 38.

Just a thought.

I see the complaints made by Narrows and the Hogo schools over Marion being a driving force to change the Three Rivers, Mountain Empire and Hogo in the near future.  

I call BS on this Narrows whining.  I don't know what's happened at this place but I know I disagree.  Mainly because, for nearly 20 years, Narrows had no trouble at all being either competitive or even winning the MED from time to time with the way it's currently made up minus Graham in football, basketball and track.  The attitude used to be that since Narrows had smaller numbers so it's got to out work the others and win anyway and there seemed to be great pride in that.  I just wonder where that has went.

Lebanon and John Battle should be in "Conf 39" and Grayson out. why is Grayson not in 38 anyway????

I agree that Lebanon and John Battle should be in 39.  Grayson isn't in 38 because they are west of I-77...for some reason, that matters to the ones who make the rules...

However, IMO, Lebanon should be in 39 and Virginia and John Battle in 40.

I call BS on this Narrows whining.  I don't know what's happened at this place but I know I disagree.  Mainly because, for nearly 20 years, Narrows had no trouble at all being either competitive or even winning the MED from time to time with the way it's currently made up minus Graham in football, basketball and track.  The attitude used to be that since Narrows had smaller numbers so it's got to out work the others and win anyway and there seemed to be great pride in that.  I just wonder where that has went.

Probably won't matter in a few years anyway since Narrows will be part of of Giles HS.