Chilhowie faces tough schedule

SWVAFB

Chilhowie just may have one of the toughest schedules in SWVA for an A-1 west school. They scrimmage Honaker and Wise Central. They play Marion, JIB, Abingdon, Va High, GW, Tazewell, NW, PH, RR, and Holston. The Honaker/Chilhowie scrimmage just may be one of the best pre season games of the new year. Central at UVA WISE will be entertaining, then comes the slobbler knockers Marion and JIB. VHS will be tough also. Abingdon (3a) will be tough this year also, along with Hogo talent rich GW. The schedule may ease a little with some Hogo schools, but having to Travel to Tazewell will be no easy trip. The Bulldogs just may have the best team in SWVA this year. For a small school, Chilhowie seems to have their work cut out for them this year. Any small schools out there with a tougher schedule?

Is Central still playing at UVA-Wise? I was told last season by one of their people (can't remember if he was a coach or some other position) that they would be playing on a new field starting this season and would not be playing at UVA-Wise anymore.

Central is either playing at UVA-W or at the old field at the old school. I know they don't have a field at the new school. 

From what I understand they want fields of their own but funds are lacking

I'll be curious to see how the Chilhowie/VHS game turns out this year. Last year Chilhowie led 20-0 until VHS scored 35 unanswered thanks to Justin Brown's 326 yd performance

Galax will again have one of the toughest schedule in all of Group A.  They play Altavista and Giles in back to back games, both defending state champions with excellent shots at repeating.  Graham will be geared up for revenge after last season.  Glenvar, Fort Chiswell and Grayson are always tough games.  East Mont and Floyd are hit or miss.  I can see this Galax team falling anywhere between 9-1 to 4-6.  Most likely somewhere in between, maybe 6-4.  

With that said, I would like to see Galax drop Glenvar, East Mont and Floyd in the future in favor of SWVA competition like Chilhowie or George Wythe.

8/15 @ Radford

8/22 @ Carroll County

8/29 Glenvar

9/5 @ Floyd County

9/12 @ Eastern Montgomery

9/19 @ Altavista

10/3 Giles

10/10 @ Fort Chiswell

10/17 Graham

10/24 @ Narrows

10/31 Bland

11/7 Grayson County

I guess my first question is 1) Does your AD and your HC speak to each other ? and 2) Does your AD buy your HC's groceries each week?

Just kidding...........That is a TOUGH schedule, and the toughest in SWVA for a small school. I guess one could say that neither Galax nor Chilhowie does not back down from good competition, Galax especially. Chilhowie plays the schools on I-81, not caring about school size, and most of the non district schools are much larger. Just a word of advice.....Be sure to do a head count when you load the buses!!!! Thanks, and

best of luck to the Tide this year! 

Is Central still playing at UVA-Wise? I was told last season by one of their people (can't remember if he was a coach or some other position) that they would be playing on a new field starting this season and would not be playing at UVA-Wise anymore.

According to the article on Central in the Coalfield, home games will be at UVA-Wise.  No lights on the old field anymore and no new one built as redtiger mentioned.