Tonight...Virginia High vs. Graham

GMan

I think this will be a good measuring stick for both programs to see where they are.  VHS lost some skill players and sounds like Graham is trying to continue to build.

V High may be better than last season, they have 77 players which includes 3 transfers from Atlanta Georgia that are the real deal from what I am hearing. Also a few transfers from Honaker for baseball, a couple of which are playing football. This should be a very stiff test for Graham and a good way to prepare for Blue field. From the talk I have about V-High, those folks are expecting big things this year. Hopefully Graham will have a good showing.

V High may be better than last season, they have 77 players which includes 3 transfers from Atlanta Georgia that are the real deal from what I am hearing. Also a few transfers from Honaker for baseball, a couple of which are playing football. This should be a very stiff test for Graham and a good way to prepare for Blue field. From the talk I have about V-High, those folks are expecting big things this year. Hopefully Graham will have a good showing.

Haven't heard anything about Atlanta transfers & only Austin Ray transferred from Honaker, not sure if he'll play. Not to go all Lou Holtz on everyone, but I'll be surprised if we win 5 or more games this year. But hey, if you're feeling optimistic about them, then I'll take it haha

Haven't heard anything about Atlanta transfers & only Austin Ray transferred from Honaker, not sure if he'll play. Not to go all Lou Holtz on everyone, but I'll be surprised if we win 5 or more games this year. But hey, if you're feeling optimistic about them, then I'll take it haha

I have heard different, but will have to see to believe. You may be right, but the guys I talked with were convincing.

I see they still can't play defense...we NEED to put the D back in the G-D...

Graham got down 17-0....pretty quick,...a long kickoff return to open the game, a fumble which led to a fg and a long pass play.....after that, Graham ripped off 26 unanswered points in about one quarter of play.  V High scored on another long pass play to make it 26-24..... Then both teams put in the J.V.'s.....I left heard V High's J.V. score as I was leaving...

Graham gave up a few big plays, but played solid Defense overall....forced three fumbles and had an INT and a safety.  V-High had some athletes and had good team speed.  I was impressed with the offensive burst that Graham showed and they stayed composed despite giving up 17 quick points.  

26 kids transferred in to VHS for athletics was what I was told by one of the recruits.

I heard something similar, but thought that sounded insane and didn't want to post it on here, but I have no reason to doubt the guys that told me this.  They had some lanky, athletic looking guys out there tonight.  #1, #5, #12, #31 all looked like they could take it to the house at any moment. Thought they were going to destroy Graham at first.  I must say that Meade looked much more impressive tonight at qb as well, he had some great scrambles for positive yardage, looked similar to Sheets.  I was impressed when he took that hard hit, got undercut by one and hit high by another and did a flip in the air, but bounced right back up and ran to the huddle.  Good thing about this group is they are very young and very talented.  Harris had some nice runs as well.