Bluefield vs. Shady scrimmage

futbolking

Just got back.  I left with about 5 minutes left in the first half with Bluefield up 48-0 and the subs coming in.  All I can say is WOW at Bluefield's speed.  This is one of the... fastest teams I have ever seen at Bluefield..faster than Giles last season.   Shady looked to be a very disorganized, slow team however.  Graham has decent team speed this year and I'm sure will be much stiffer competition than Shady, but they will definitely need to keep the ball out of Bluefield's hands to have a chance.  The QB was hitting his receivers in stride as well.  It was like the defense for Shady wasn't even on the field.  I don't know what else to say, I was impressed.  Reminiscent of the 2004 Bluefield team or the 2001 Graham team.  Let's just hope that Graham can keep possession (Which I think they are capable of doing)  and match scores...like the Giles game last season....because I believe Bluefield will light up the scoreboard this season and make a very deep run in the playoffs.  V-High had really good team speed last night against Graham and Graham had enough speed to stay with them, but Bluefield's speed is better than V-Highs.  I just hope we can contain those RB's or get them before they get into the open field.  Tonight nobody even came close to touching them in the open field.  

I'm curious about how they fared against Christiansburg, everybody has been tight lipped on that one.

I was told by a C'burg parent that Beaver "worked over" the Demons last weekend. Shady is horrible, they were dominated last week by Westside. These type of opponents are not what Beaver needs to prepare them for teams like Wayne and Bridgeport. It would have been nice to scimmaged a strong team. Beaver really needs teams like Graham and James Monroe to get their stuff together and challenge them; iron sharpens iron.

I was told by a C'burg parent that Beaver "worked over" the Demons last weekend. Shady is horrible, they were dominated last week by Westside. These type of opponents are not what Beaver needs to prepare them for teams like Wayne and Bridgeport. It would have been nice to scimmaged a strong team. Beaver really needs teams like Graham and James Monroe to get their stuff together and challenge them; iron sharpens iron.

I agree about Bluefield needing to scrimmage a stronger opponent.  CBurg has been a decent team as of late, but it seems like Bluefield destroys Shady every year,  It would be nice to see them scrimmage somebody like Pulaski County or Giles (who happen to be playing each other this week).   Pearisburg is just down 460, it baffles me why Bluefield and Giles don't play each other in pre-season or in the regular season.  I read in the paper that Giles likes to play stiff competition during the regular season...Bluefield vs. Giles would be an awesome matchup to watch.  

Giles is alot faster this year than last year....the Beidleman kid from Ft Chiswell adds to what we had coming back.....I would love to see my Spartans take on Bluefield....they would probably have too much speed for us this year(and probably most years) but what the heck it would make us alot better in the long run

Ive heard Bluefield doesn't want to play Giles because of the fact we run the single wing and nobody else does....alot of teams say this when we try to get them on the schedule....but this may not be true at all in Bluefield's case(don't jump on me beavers fans is what i mean)....this is just hear say

Giles is alot faster this year than last year....the Beidleman kid from Ft Chiswell adds to what we had coming back.....I would love to see my Spartans take on Bluefield....they would probably have too much speed for us this year(and probably most years) but what the heck it would make us alot better in the long run

Ive heard Bluefield doesn't want to play Giles because of the fact we run the single wing and nobody else does....alot of teams say this when we try to get them on the schedule....but this may not be true at all in Bluefield's case(don't jump on me beavers fans is what i mean)....this is just hear say

I would doubt that to be the case. Bluefield is renowned for playing anyone and everyone willing to give them a game. It is curious, though, why they don't play each other.

As i said my man it's just hear say....but i know for a fact other teams won't play us for that simple reason....and also some teams want to play teams they know they can beat year in and year out instead of playing some competition....I know Bluefield like Giles don't dodge any team

Again i said it was hear say so don't shoot the messenger.....i don't know why Bluefield don't want to play giles....i know for a fact we have called bluefield about playing and were turned down in the past.

And I can promise you Giles and James Monroe will never play again unless the Mavs want to play at Giles every year and I doubt that will ever happen

Even if Giles and James Monroe did get a series back up I can promise you the gate at James Monroe wouldn't be a great deal....lots of bitter spartan fans over what happened over there years back....alot of us haven't been back since that night......what happened that night is the real shame

Even if Giles and James Monroe did get a series back up I can promise you the gate at James Monroe wouldn't be a great deal....lots of bitter spartan fans over what happened over there years back....alot of us haven't been back since that night......what happened that night is the real shame

C'mon, man! It couldn't have been as bad as the night Bluefield had six TDs called back on phantom penalties, most after the Bluefield player had already reached the endzone, on the far side of the field.  The Beavers and Mavs still play after that farce...BTW, Bluefield still won, 20-6.