JI Burton Jamboree

redtiger

Good night of football in Norton tonight! 

Im not going to rank the teams but I will say Castlewood was the worst team there. 

Castlewood - Ran shotgun 2x2 and 2x1 2 Back. Looked better in 2x1 2 Back imo. #4 is a good player and the QB made some plays but thats about all they had. Played hard and never quit. Union and Tazewell seemed to take it easy on then(respect to both teams for that).

Union - Looked solid, much better than I thought they would but not as good as last season. Threw the ball a lot. 

Tazewell - had some good players(#3, #33, #8 and #4 could start for anybody in SWVA). I got the feeling they held back tonight (they pulled the starters early in both games). #8 was a better athlete than QB imo. I did really like the Offense Tazewell is running, lots of possibilities there even tho they only ran a hand full of running plays. Looked good but not great.

GW -  looked MUCH improved from last year. Had a good running game. QB made smart decisions with the ball and could really run. 

Clintwood - not as bad as what I had been led to believe (or expected). Have ditched the Pistol and look like good ol' Clintwood. Ran the ball well. QB made some bad decisions with the ball and Tuner didnt touch the ball very much (maybe they were just working on other things). Laid some hard hits on O and D. hardest hits of the night came from Clintwood. 

JI Burton -  Looked ok. D was solid, OL looked REAL good but they didnt have the backs. Trying to run Jet and Trap with below average backs. WRs and QB looked pretty good. If they can keep the turnovers down and play tough D they could be pretty good.

Several kids from Castlewood got banged up, hopefully they are alright.

I thought 17 carried the ball most of the night?   Im probably wrong tho.  Honestly I watched 33 hoping to see pancake blocks and I watched the OL most of the night.

Regardless of who was carrying the ball they didnt stand out to me. Seems like Tazewell ran the ball a lot for a team with so much talent at WR